What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The rebuilding phase

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd hate to have Blaize in the last line of defense.

If Gutho is gonna move for anyone I'd have Lomax at FB and Gutho in the centres.

Gronk

Staff member

If Gutho is gonna move for anyone I'd have Lomax at FB and Gutho in the centres.
Cini plays FB in reggies and tackles like my Mum.

Ponga and Walsh are not reliable defenders either.

Gronk

Staff member

Gutho is a legend and deserves to stand next to Ella etc in the Hall of Fame. He’s a selfless club first individual. Yes someone will now jump in and whine about contract negotiations, but that changes nothing.

Gronk

Staff member
Jam n Cheese talk Ryles and Parra

Cheese has been coached by Ryles and throws his 2c in.

Jam reckons that our best starting pack is too offload centric and we need workers. So he said we don't sign Fafita, we need to sign Capewell

hindy111

Post Whore

Better then having him in the front line. If your defense is good the line won't be broken and the fullback barely has to make any one on ones.

Pazza

First Grade
Jam reckons that our best starting pack is too offload centric and we need workers. So he said we don't sign Fafita, we need to sign Capewell

its been evident for a while now that the pack is completely out of balance. As graham said, too many players who are better with ball in hand than having to defend. Matto and Lane are just as big if not bigger than RCG and Paulo. there are no Ian Hindmarsh or nathan peats style players in this pack. we need guys who can make 30 tackles a game and do them well. we need to balance them in with our bigger players. Hopgood can do it just not for the full 80. Guymer looks good so far. keen to see guys like parker and brazel.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Lomax was always coming

The only idiots who seemed to think it was happening was agenda driven journos with an axe to grind.

Happy MEel

First Grade
The 2024 Parramatta Eels have delivered enough misery this season and the only thing that makes me feel somewhat better about things is looking to next year. So I thought I’d start my first thread (after a few years of posting) and ask what you would do if you were Ryles coming into the top job.

Try to be realistic with the cap space you’d free up if you were to offload anyone from our roster and feel free to throw in anyone off contract or anyone with speculation surrounding their position.

Happy MEel

First Grade
For mine, I’d try to offload Paulo (approx $500k saving), Lane (approx $400k saving), Sivo (approx $350k saving) and Penisini (approx $350k saving). That’s around $1.6mill. With that I’d try to entice Vunivalu back to league ($500k), Oates from Brisbane ($350k) and The Cheese despite his f**kery ($600k).

My top 17 would be:

1. Drown/Lomax
2. Vunivalu
3. Gutho
4. Lomax/Drown
5. Oates
6. Talagi
7. Moses
8. RCG
9. Smith
10. Offa
11. Matto
12. Tualagi
13. Hopgood

14. Hands
15. Guymer
16. Moretti
17. Cartwright

Last edited:

chiefy1

Bench
For mine, I’d try to offload Paulo (approx $500k saving), Lane (approx $400k saving), Sivo (approx $350k saving) and Penisini (approx $350k saving). That’s around $1.6mill. With that I’d try to entice Vunivalu back to league ($500k), Oates from Brisbane ($350k) and The Cheese despite his f**kery ($600k).

My top 17 would be:

1. Drown/Lomax
2. Vunivalu
3. Gutho
4. Lomax/Drown
5. Oates
6. Talagi
7. Moses
8. RCG
9. Smith
10. Offa
11. Matto
12. Doorey
13. Hopgood

14. Hands
15. Guymer
16. Moretti
17. Cartwright

I like Brown to f/b, also think blazes best position is 6 or maybe lock in the future.

Anyone see blake mozer tonight, forget about boods arthur, this Mozer is a future origin star

Oats is pretty much finished, we need to try and find a couple of good up and coming wingers from other clubs

Latest posts