What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
I ain't working graveyard shift. I like to be home by 3pm so I can enjoy some of my DAY.
And I don't work weekends or Mondays anymore. I'm too old for that shit
My project manager reckons that the sparkie who runs his own team is netting $400k in 10 weeks.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hindy was saying it like it makes tradie jobs harder.

It actually makes our job easier. We mostly work in the cooler hours of the day, therefore, we can be more productive.
The early starts work well for tradies.

However, one important point Hindy did make was that we then get to enjoy afternoons and evenings. We don't always finish at 3 pm however.

Getting out of bed at 5.00 or 5.30 every morning for work was originally a punish, but over 30 - 40 years it becomes a habit and our sleeping habits change. So much so, that even on weekends, I still get up at that time. On weekends, instead of going to work, I go for a walk. The early morning hours are the most peaceful and calming of the day.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hindy was saying it like it makes tradie jobs harder.

The original discussion was about these people stock piling properties.
Yes I am lucky. I have a place and will also get an inheritance. But I also work with kids from poorer families who have nothing, come from nothing and basicaly will never get the chance to have anything. Yet will work their guts out for 50yrs just as hard as many others.
It isn't fair.

Capitalism sucks

strider

Post Whore
Putting words in my mouth isn't clever. I was giving you a golden opportunity to itemize all the transparent DWs that are being used by the DEMS so far. I never said that they aren't there.

BTW there is a huge difference between policy and ambiguity via dog whistling. Clear and direction communication is policy, empty slogans aimed at contentious issues are not.

The definition of a dog whistle is ".... refers to the use of coded language or messaging that appears benign or neutral on the surface but is meant to send a specific signal to a particular group, often without others noticing the true intent."

So maybe when Dutton talks about not bringing in people from Gaza because of "safety" he's really talking to the racists. Or when Abbott said that a YES vote in the same sex marriage plebiscite would be anti-family, he's really just talking to the homophobes." Or when Dutton was going to court to stop refugees going to hospital on the mainland “We’re seeing people at hospitals missing out on medical services because people are taking it from Nauru and Manus. Australians will be angry about that as well.” DW to the racists again.

Is, "he's a threat to democracy!" a dog whistle ? No, however it's probably hyperbole or rhetoric used to energize a base.

These are what the two parties have submitted as their election platforms via The American Presidency Project. I will be interested if you could tell me which is offering policy.

Blah blah blah .... lots of words. Still too spineless to answer the question.

hindy111

Post Whore

Latest posts