What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

TheRam

Coach
I want my slice of the pie. They are taking the bread out of my mouth these thieving bustards.

Not freakin wrong. This punter guy(Conrad) created a go fund me page and so far raised over $32K to create billboards in all our major cities pointing out the total betrayal of our countries resources by our pollies. Hopefully some traction can ensue. But wait and watch all the bought and paid for dying media shill types come rushing to the defence of the scam system and keep selling the idea that we are making a motza from the current setup and if we do anything to change it we will be jeopardising billions and thousands of jobs will be lost and offending our trading partners too.

Which of course is the opposite by a thousand miles in comparison. Just look at Norway who changed the rort and started to demand what is rightfully theirs and now holds trillions, yes trillions in investments and is largest to do so in the world.

We should be the richest nation on earth bar none. Medical, dental, public transport should all be free. Energy prices should be so cheap that it is virtually free. Look at Brunei, petrol prices are 20c a litre and the above is part of their reality too. We are way more resource rich then Brunei ever will be. We should be getting at the very least without developing or adding value to our resources just on royalties and taxes alone be receiving around $500B a year. Imagine what we could be doing with that much money coming in year on year. Money for jam. But instead we have been bent over like a cheap $10 street whore and told we are a movie star, ha ha...

bazza

Immortal
certainly makes more sense to tax resource extraction and asset hoarding more than working and running an innovative business

TheRam

Coach
This is where the conversation stops for me.

Mate don't take it personally if I lash out due to frustration. I just can't cop stupid side arguments by so many while the real reason for the state of our nation and the skyrocketing prices and financial distress and housing issues are all man made by our pollies and could be fixed in a weekend of policy changes. It is that simple to do.

It's nothing personal, but I just can't cop left/right political arguments anymore. The pollies have screwed us well and good. We need to demand our that we be given our rightful huge(majority) slice of the pie, not the slither that they have been giving us while their mates get bloated at our expense.

Either we argue on the right points or they win. It is as simple as that.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
certainly makes more sense to tax resource extraction and asset hoarding more than working and running an innovative business
Plenty of innovation across the resources sector. Most of things you interact with are provided by the resources sector. The resources sector will also be essential to the transition to a decarbonised economy.

bazza

Immortal
Plenty of innovation across the resources sector. Most of things you interact with are provided by the resources sector. The resources sector will also be essential to the transition to a decarbonised economy.
if innovation is how to dig up stuff out of the ground and ship overseas cheaper and with less humans - then yes

hindy111

Post Whore
Mate don't take it personally if I lash out due to frustration. I just can't cop stupid side arguments by so many while the real reason for the state of our nation and the skyrocketing prices and financial distress and housing issues are all man made by our pollies and could be fixed in a weekend of policy changes. It is that simple to do.

It's nothing personal, but I just can't cop left/right political arguments anymore. The pollies have screwed us well and good. We need to demand our that we be given our rightful huge(majority) slice of the pie, not the slither that they have been giving us while their mates get bloated at our expense.

Either we argue on the right points or they win. It is as simple as that.

We are all getting reamed. Our whole weeks wage gets swallowed up just to go around again. People.have had enough

TheRam

Coach
We are all getting reamed. Our whole weeks wage gets swallowed up just to go around again. People.have had enough

So true, but they(the majority) still don't know what exactly is going on because they are information poor. Which of course is the way the system is designed and the powers that be like it. Just try and explain some of this stuff to a friend or family member who isn't already awake. They look at you as an all out there conspiracy nut, which is everyone's favourite phrase just as the CIA all those years ago intended.

So all it takes is for someone in a authoritative media, corporate or Government position to argue disingenuously for the status quo and belittle the proper course of action and they get confused and throw their hands up and give up in frustration or even worse believe the jackals and then ridicule the few of us that have worked out the Ponzi scheme.

Unfortunately I fear we will never correct the course for Australia and we will eventually descend into the bankrupt State that the Globalist have been wanting since the start. That way as with all bankrupt and corrupt nations they can step in and just own everything and pillage with impunity without fearing an eventual awakening by the people.

Once you get to that stage, the people are to atomised and desperate fighting amongst themselves to just survive to ever assemble as a real threat to the powers that be. History shows us at this point even revolutions end up with worse outcomes then what was in place before. It's now or never. We either collectively wake up and demand change and unelect all of Parliament no matter which party holds which seats and only elect individuals or a new party that actually knows and promotes the real issues and solutions and also promises to bring in enforceable legislation that makes each and every politician and high ranking bureaucrat criminally accountable with long time prison sentences if found to be corrupt or working against the public that they have been put in place to support and protect.

Only with accountability can we ever get them to do their fiduciary duty and not fu*k us over like this again. Without it they fear no one and will just keep getting bought by the highest bidder, who is never the people.

Latest posts