What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Dennis "Machine Gun" Thompson, the last one standing of the greatest band ever, the MC5. He was the drummer, 75.
He also played in seminal Australian band, The New Race, with Rob Younger, Denis Tek and Ron Asheton
As each member from The 5 has gone away I've always played this song they wrote, which has been covered by many.

dinghydi

Juniors
Maybe left field .. Thought of Blue fox 68 when heard this one . But Xcisco Serra ? Body builder . Mr Universe etc. Spiked my interest when I read it ,even though I never heard of him previously . Very young to die. Seemed to be simply EXTREMELY Focused and competitive . But where is line between " Focused and competitive" and "all things in Moderation ! I think our forum Body builder is Bluefox who seems to have had a more moderate (reasonable ) take on the Body building competition. Of course any input from dasoup would be inciteful . I suppose my question to Bluefox is ..is there any value as 'Role models " Test subjects for Physical Activity or anything at all when they take it to such extremes . ?

bluefox68

Staff member
Maybe left field .. Thought of Blue fox 68 when heard this one . But Xcisco Serra ? Body builder . Mr Universe etc. Spiked my interest when I read it ,even though I never heard of him previously . Very young to die. Seemed to be simply EXTREMELY Focused and competitive . But where is line between " Focused and competitive" and "all things in Moderation ! I think our forum Body builder is Bluefox who seems to have had a more moderate (reasonable ) take on the Body building competition. Of course any input from dasoup would be inciteful . I suppose my question to Bluefox is ..is there any value as 'Role models " Test subjects for Physical Activity or anything at all when they take it to such extremes . ?
Thanks, mate!
My involvement in bodybuilding was over about a 5-year period of ‘serious training’ in the 90’s. I entered the Mr. Nambour drug-free comp and won that, and then placed 3rd in the QLD comp (which wasn’t designated drug-free).

Me and my training partner had visions of greatness (LOL) until we realised that it would involve a whole lot of steroid use combined with very good genetics.

I understand the desire to look as good as possible, but the general public is not going to take it seriously if the understanding is that “they’re all on drugs.”

Latest posts