What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Quigs

Immortal
Good old Bill and his Clark Kent glasses.

There was only one better aussie movie reviewer when it came to fillums and that was.......

download-1-467x360.jpg

Good old Bill and his Clark Kent glasses.

There was only one better aussie movie reviewer when it came to fillums and that was.......

download-1-467x360.jpg

Now you're talking Quigs. Unfortunately Ian Bannerman, our Deadly Earnest died in about 1980, he loved a drink I'm told.

Sue Telfer
This name may not mean much to any one here but in Sydney's underground rock scene she was the truest of champions.
She booked the Excelsior in Surry Hills for years, always tried to give every one a go, plus treated all bands with the utmost respect, a rare commodity in our world.
She would always help at gigs, on the door, booking etc. In recent times she'd been helping me through some projects I was doing in line with her job at APRA. She was a dear friend to me.
Sue deserves to be in here as much as anyone.
Rest easy beautiful person.

Card Shark

Immortal
No good Bubby!

Sounds like an unsung hero! Bit like the lady that spends her day at the junior footy, setting up the fields, running the canteen, collating the score sheets & then packing it all up....just so others can benefit!

Rip Torn, damn fine actor, was great in the Larry Sanders show.

Also the movie Dodgeball when coaching the team, with his famous line, if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball

I loved Rip in the film Tropic of Cancer, where he plays Henry Miller (author of the novel Tropic of Cancer) a sex mad writer struggling to make ends meet living in Paris. Its very funny and features some fine work from Ellen Burstyn, who plays his wife.

Quigs

Immortal
Its wrench, its great scene, him throwing wrenches at them, John Morris, needs to start doing that to SJ/Duges/Moylan
Only trouble is they'd have no one to pick them up after. You don't expect some of them to get their hands dirty picking up things like thrown wrenches. Crikey nek minnutt you'd be expecting them to dive on lose or dropped balls.

SadShark

Bench
Blade Runner. One of the all-time greatest movies. Bombed at the box office in 1982 (I remember going to see it - 14-years old). Still good to watch.

(2 of the best movies of all time we’re in 1982 IMO. Blade Runner & The Thing). The Hitcher was good in 1986. Don’t know how it stacks up these days.