What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Eion

First Grade
Blade Runner. One of the all-time greatest movies. Bombed at the box office in 1982 (I remember going to see it - 14-years old). Still good to watch.

(2 of the best movies of all time we’re in 1982 IMO. Blade Runner & The Thing). The Hitcher was good in 1986. Don’t know how it stacks up these days.
Oh man The Thing. Stumbled on that movie on TV as a kid knowing nothing about it and was completely blown away. Kurt Russell is an all time great.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Former NWA world champ Harley Race dead, probably the last legit tough guy to be champ, i remember in the 70's when our own Ron Miller defeated him on world championship wrestling, when channel 9, would put it on midday on weekend

Former NWA world champ Harley Race dead, probably the last legit tough guy to be champ, i remember in the 70's when our own Ron Miller defeated him on world championship wrestling, when channel 9, would put it on midday on weekend

Ron Miller ... Was he a former Tigers Player ? Or am I thinking of the Wrong Ron.?

carcharias

Immortal
a great mate of mine died this morning.
Damien Lovelock, lead singer of Celibate Rifles.
Cancer, we kept it quiet for Damo's sake.
He was also on SBS with Les Murray and other shows.
RIP mate

Get f**ked!
That’s horrible.
Really sorry to hear this.
Saw them plenty of times.
He used to do the World Cup reports on Radio too.

This is heavy.
A mate of mines little brother had them play at his birthday .
It is his favourite band.
The story is hilarious.
They have property south west somewhere.
They built a stage and had pyrotechnics.ilegal.
The band showed up and thought what the f**k is this shit?

They put them up for the night.
Reckons they had the greatest night ever.
They played a bunch of covers too.
April sun in Cuba .

The next week on JJJ Damien telling all of Australia about the party and how good the fireworks were.

f**k.
This is shit.

Last edited:
Get f**ked!
That’s horrible.
Really sorry to hear this.
Saw them plenty of times.
He used to do the World Cup reports on Radio too.

This is heavy.
A mate of mines little brother had them play at his birthday .
It is his favourite band.
The story is hilarious.
They have property south west somewhere.
They built a stage and had pyrotechnics.ilegal.
The band showed up and thought what the f**k is this shit?

They put them up for the night.
Reckons they had the greatest night ever.
They played a bunch of covers too.
April sun in Cuba .

The next week on JJJ Damien telling all of Australia about the party and how good the fireworks were.

f**k.
This is shit.
I organised that gig for them. Motor bike nuts yeah? I was working on a site with your mates at the time, told them I'll get them. Kent lived with me at the time. Your mates were stoked and disbelievable at the same time that I did it so easily.
I was supposed to play too but we ended up with a bigger gig that night.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Which gig mate?
I organised all their shows last year and played with them
He was doing the gig down brass monkey with group of musos - 60’s theme from memory, we just rocked up and it was on.
Saw him a few times over the years, even once down woolooware golf club, go figure.
Like I said, all folks out there should rise a leaf from his book. Just enjoy life, be yourself and chill.
Vale

carcharias

Immortal
I organised that gig for them. Motor bike nuts yeah? I was working on a site with your mates at the time, told them I'll get them. Kent lived with me at the time. Your mates were stoked and disbelievable at the same time that I did it so easily.
I was supposed to play too but we ended up with a bigger gig that night.
They have something to do with horses.
I’ll see him tomorrow .
I love that story....especially the April sun in Cuba cover.
Ha

The theme music to the sharkcast is from the band Rocks.
I used to work with Pete who plays bass.

The first rifles gig I saw was with him.
Paddington town hall with the hard ons.

Kent is playing tonight with Jim Moginie

He was doing the gig down brass monkey with group of musos - 60’s theme from memory, we just rocked up and it was on.
Saw him a few times over the years, even once down woolooware golf club, go figure.
Like I said, all folks out there should rise a leaf from his book. Just enjoy life, be yourself and chill.
Vale
Yeah he did a few down the Monkey. Last one I saw there he did the Bowie/Iggy show. I was with Newms that night.
The Woolooware Golf club gig was a "New York, New York" night. Doing all the old New York bands from CBGB's.
Ramones, Television,Talking Heads etc.....
A mate of mine went up and saw him last week, said he was in fine spirits. When he rocked up Brad Fittler was in his front yard having a chat with him.
"Gidday Mick...... this is Brad" in his distinct voice

They have something to do with horses.
I’ll see him tomorrow .
I love that story....especially the April sun in Cuba cover.
Ha

The theme music to the sharkcast is from the band Rocks.
I used to work with Pete who plays bass.

The first rifles gig I saw was with him.
Paddington town hall with the hard ons.

Kent is playing tonight with Jim Moginie
No wukkas. They may have been chippies/builders I think. We were working at The Blood Bank in Clarence st at the time.
April Sun was one of their Harbour Cruise faves. We nearly got them to play Shippin Steele...... nearly!!! Damo was up for it.
In the meantime from a Harbour Cruise, you'll know this one mate haha

Latest posts