What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

taipan

Referee
Don't know whether mentioned ,but an oldie, Aussie Patsy Ann Noble (singer actor one of early Bandstanders) died 23rd January age 77 ,from tumour caused by asbestos fibres.Changed name to Trish Noble,ventured over to Pommy land the States.
Featured also in Star Was playing Jobal Naberrie Episode 11 Attack of the Clones 2002
Episode 11 Revenge of the Sith 2005.

Came from a talented family ,her dad was "Buster" Noble comedian and actor, mother Helen also talented.

taipan

Referee
He had a powerful voice and a strong presence.Always looked as if he could bash the sh*t out of someone in a fight.

Quigs

Immortal
Just saw that Freddy Jones passed away the other day. Fred was the Captain of the Hartleys of Brookvale's first ever Premiership winning side (1972) and also won the 73 GF against our Tommy Bishop Sharks.

I guess I can lower my hate level for a few days.

R.I.P Freddy Jones.

Had one the other day as well, Tony Pola drummer with the Beasts of Bourbon. Takes the third one of them in the last few years after Spence and Brian. He was a great drummer with a whole lotta spruik to go with it

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Damn that’s sad. He fought a great battle old Tommy, he did well to last as long as he did. I believe he ended up with two or three types of cancer in the end. He played well before my time but by all reports he was one of the hardest to ever lace on a footy boot.

RIP Tommy.

Quigs

Immortal
Damn that’s sad. He fought a great battle old Tommy, he did well to last as long as he did. I believe he ended up with two or three types of cancer in the end. He played well before my time but by all reports he was one of the hardest to ever lace on a footy boot.

RIP Tommy.

He hated Poms, Manly and Queenslanders.

Vale Tommy Raudonikis. He was made for Rugby league and Vice versa. Great Player . Remember a game he was playing for newtown. Whole side playing bad He made about 5 tackles in a row lifted the whole side and brought them back into the game.

fizman

Bench

This one really hurts.

I had the absolute pleasure and privilege of playing under Tom the year before he went down to Wests. He wanted me to come down to Sydney with him but my parents said "absolutely not!".

There were some wonderful memories -

• Tom introduced my Dad and I to his Mum - He said " Fellas, this is my Mum Mrs Raudonikis - she doesn't speak a word of English. And by the way, Don't smoke! I only have one nut left".
  • We had to attend an Australia Day BBQ, it was compulsory to be in attendance to support the Club. The event started at 12.00pm on the Saturday, Tommy and a few of the boys kicked on through to Sunday evening.
  • He shared stories about the Kangaroo Tours.
  • Sam Backo decided that he would do donuts in the middle of the field in his beaten up Combi Van - Tommy just laughed and said "Get that piece of shit off my field, and by the way that's another 20 minutes for you!" About a thousand F Bombs in between.
Rest in Peace Coach.

This one really hurts.

I had the absolute pleasure and privilege of playing under Tom the year before he went down to Wests. He wanted me to come down to Sydney with him but my parents said "absolutely not!".

There were some wonderful memories -

• Tom introduced my Dad and I to his Mum - He said " Fellas, this is my Mum Mrs Raudonikis - she doesn't speak a word of English. And by the way, Don't smoke! I only have one nut left".
  • We had to attend an Australia Day BBQ, it was compulsory to be in attendance to support the Club. The event started at 12.00pm on the Saturday, Tommy and a few of the boys kicked on through to Sunday evening.
  • He shared stories about the Kangaroo Tours.
  • Sam Backo decided that he would do donuts in the middle of the field in his beaten up Combi Van - Tommy just laughed and said "Get that piece of shit off my field, and by the way that's another 20 minutes for you!" About a thousand F Bombs in between.
Rest in Peace Coach.
Great post!

Stake Removed

First Grade
I remember the day 4BC had him on after Sludge had passed, and the great things he said about him.
They asked him to compare Sludge to Set, he said no comparison Sludge was just to good.

What can you say about Tommy he was Rugby League the true battler he fought his whole life
Vale Tommy.
Ps imagine him and Tommy Bishop in same team

sharknows

Bench
Tommy running on for the 81 grand final. Warren Ryan had been giving the team detailed instructions for about 1/2 an hour. As they were running on to the ground Tommy says to the team “forget all that shit let’s bash ‘em”

taipan

Referee
Never forget the Newtown match when John Singleton was co-commentating .saying Newtown was leading Nil all at half time.
I am also pretty sure that Tommy was riding a bicycle with Artie Beetson in Qld quite a few years back and that is when and where ,Artie had his fatal heart attack.
Tommy a great Australian larrikin for the game and for people who admire sportsmen who play at full capacity all the time.
Never afraid to express his honest views and if it got under the skin of some, tough t*tty.
RIP Champion Tommy.