What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Foxtel FoxSports / Kayo /Ch9 + NRL TV Rights

Gronk

Staff member

^^^^
If Nine were to agree to an extension until 2027, all games would be available through the television channel and 9Now streaming app.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How many people does Foxsports reach vs ABC and how does this benefit “under represented sports” ?
Well this is a fair point. I suppose Fox Sports could offer this content on demand to the handful of people who actually want to watch it, unless the ABC also has such a service.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well this is a fair point. I suppose Fox Sports could offer this content on demand to the handful of people who actually want to watch it, unless the ABC also has such a service.

doesn't work that way

if its free to air people who don't normally watch women's sport will will channel surf and check it out for a bit and it may actually capture new markets that may eventually watch more of it

you wont get that if they have to pay, but I suspect there is a bit more to it, Foxtel has received $40 million since 2017 while ABC has been cut by $110 million.

Makes you wonder why a pay TV provider needs propping up when they have a monopoly

Latest posts