What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Game Day - ORIGIN DECIDER

Eion

First Grade
It's his "work off the ball" which is reportedly the issue.
If you watch the Tits it's hard to argue.
Yes he makes some good runs, but in between he just ambles around in the background.
Zero effort, and not the sort of thing you're looking for at SOO level, IMHO.
Take the point, but without Tino and Flegler it was pretty obvious that qld were lacking punch in the pigs. IMO it was worth it to have Fifita play the Lenu role with limited minutes. Surely he can work for a 20 min stint.

Frenzy.

Immortal
It's his "work off the ball" which is reportedly the issue.
If you watch the Tits it's hard to argue.
Yes he makes some good runs, but in between he just ambles around in the background.
Zero effort, and not the sort of thing you're looking for at SOO level, IMHO.
Yeah but NSW proved you can pick a player to have just one job. Jurbo. He only played just over 100 minutes in 3 games but his only role was to be a punching bag and a shock absorber for the early parts of games. I know there are knockers but he did that role perfectly and it was a great piece of coaching.

Why then couldn't Silly Slater have carried Fifita to do something similar but later in the game?

While I'm at it, Josh Papali'i at 47 years old is better than Gabe Kaplan as a prop. I would have picked the old fella as well.

DJDL

Bench
Yeah but NSW proved you can pick a player to have just one job. Jurbo. He only played just over 100 minutes in 3 games but his only role was to be a punching bag and a shock absorber for the early parts of games. I know there are knockers but he did that role perfectly and it was a great piece of coaching.

Why then couldn't Silly Slater have carried Fifita to do something similar but later in the game?

While I'm at it, Josh Papali'i at 47 years old is better than Gabe Kaplan as a prop. I would have picked the old fella as well.

It took me a minute haha

But yes, you raise a fair point.
15-20 minutes off the bench to go crazy could work.
Still not a fan though.

DJDL

Bench
Take the point, but without Tino and Flegler it was pretty obvious that qld were lacking punch in the pigs. IMO it was worth it to have Fifita play the Lenu role with limited minutes. Surely he can work for a 20 min stint.

Spot on about Tino and Flegler.
You could thrown in Gilbert as well.

With those three fit next year it will be a vastly different series.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Spot on about Tino and Flegler.
You could thrown in Gilbert as well.

With those three fit next year it will be a vastly different series.
Well Flegler is the best of these for mine and he's struggling. They still don't know if he needs a nerve graft/transplant yet. His shoulder is well phuqued

DJDL

Bench
Well Flegler is the best of these for mine and he's struggling. They still don't know if he needs a nerve graft/transplant yet. His shoulder is well phuqued

Yeah that’s a nasty one from what I’ve read.
Huge loss for QLD and the Dolphins.