What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 - 26/7 to 11/8

84 Baby

Referee
No more sports where you are not first across the line ffs.

Dancing isn't an Olympic sport.
Same with Surfing or bloody scoreboarding
I would say gymnastics and diving a very entrenched Olympic sports. Equestrian too. Boxing as well. Olympics wouldn’t be the same without them

And f**king wrestling. Although they need more suplexes and splashes from the top rope

JokerEel

Coach
I would say gymnastics and diving a very entrenched Olympic sports. Equestrian too. Boxing as well. Olympics wouldn’t be the same without them

And f**king wrestling. Although they need more suplexes and splashes from the top rope

No more new sports where you need to score points or Golf!

84 Baby

Referee
images
How sick does the LA diving venue look

hindy111

Post Whore
Re: the break dancing lady, the background story apparently is this:

* DanceSports Australia was part of an international group that were trying to get ballroom dancing into the Olympics.
* They were entrenched in the negotiations and the AU reps were a significant part of that process.
* Eventually the IOC said they wanted a sport that appealed to the youth. Other countries clicked into gear when breakdancing was selected. Their breakdancers associations started selection trials.
* Australia however did not actually have a formal association and it appears that the DanceSport ballroom dancing mob had a problem with “letting go”.
* So they formed an association around a group of Sydney merkins who hold a small annual thing.
* Somehow our female representative ended up to be a 36 year old person who has a PHD in something related.
* Apparently there was no state then national trials, most of the recognised street dancers did not even know it was on.

One day when I am bored or can't sleep ill read this