What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Jerome Luai - should this be OK?

He is Samoan of Australian descent so I got no problems with him playing S oO for whichever state he is eligible for. Al;so think if we seriously want a strong international competition in Rugby league He still should be able to play for Samoa..

Frenzy.

Immortal
He is Samoan of Australian descent so I got no problems with him playing S oO for whichever state he is eligible for. Al;so think if we seriously want a strong international competition in Rugby league He still should be able to play for Samoa..

That seems backwards to me.

snout

First Grade
NSWs in Australia.
A young guy who will play for Australia should live his dream and play for NSW.

I dont give a toss how strong or weak Samooa are. Dont care if they get beaten 100 zip by the Aussies. Not really into test match footy anymore. Guys swap countries like bimbos.

He wants to play for samoa. Great. Good on him. But a young australian player should have the NSW jumper.

Tier 1 or 2. What difference does it make.
Youre either eligible for NSW based on nationality or you aint.
Why cant josh hodgson play for qld?
Because its farkin stupid. Thats why. Same thing in my eyes for samoans.
Tongans.
Irish.
Russia.
USA.
What tier are they?
Who cares

snout

First Grade
...imagine your sons the 2nd best young 5/8 in the NRL.
Gee he went close to playing for NSW.
The Tongan 5/8 kept him out
Ha...
Its an allstar game.

He is from Barcelona

tenor.gif
me and cools are drinking, exchanging Spanish recipes

That seems backwards to me.
It is You are right .I am wrong. Its late. Im old, senile, Should have been "Australian of Samoan descent" If You are born in a country or ,live in a country of choice , Its only fair thats where your loyalties should lie ultimately . But we are talking about professional sports entertainment and Family pride ,and love of rugby league and its survival as a professional sport.... If we were talking about going to war for this country ,Id have totally different view on it. I suspect most players of differing family heritage would too.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
What the f**k is with all the wankers in here bitching about a bloke born and raised in NSW playing for NSW just because he chooses to represent his heritage at the international level? NSW is his state of origin. Under any definition you want to use.

The bigger farce was the Queensland born Luke Keary being picked for New South Wales after growing up a Queenslander. That never sat right with me given his heart could never truly be with the team.

soc123_au

Staff member
When did they move the Shire to Queensland? Some of you need to stop shagging close relatives, it f**ks with your heads. Fancy wanting to deny a salt of the earth Mt Druitt lad the privilege of wearing the sky blue. For shame....

cutiester has been kissed on the dick by a fairy that Luai wants to represent the ancestors at international level. Apart from kicking Martin and knees into Teddy he has been invisible.

betcats

Referee
When did they move the Shire to Queensland? Some of you need to stop shagging close relatives, it f**ks with your heads. Fancy wanting to deny a salt of the earth Mt Druitt lad the privilege of wearing the sky blue. For shame....

cutiester has been kissed on the dick by a fairy that Luai wants to represent the ancestors at international level. Apart from kicking Martin and knees into Teddy he has been invisible.

Whitewashed cronulla people struggle to understand these issues. He may of been born in Sydney but they still see an immigrant.

MugaB

Coach
Whitewashed cronulla people struggle to understand these issues. He may of been born in Sydney but they still see an immigrant.

I see no difference between Luai playing 5/8th for NSW or Wade Graham playing 5/8th for NSW, both stem from the same area, both played 5/8th for Penrith, both played State of Origin, only difference is wade graham is of Aboriginal heritage, and Luai is of Samoan decent,
If you wanna get technical, Andrew Fafita is both Aboriginal and Tongan descent, and has played NSW, Aus and Tonga

The_Frog

First Grade
...imagine your sons the 2nd best young 5/8 in the NRL.
Gee he went close to playing for NSW.
The Tongan 5/8 kept him out
Ha...
Its an allstar game.
The one who was born in NSW, grew up in Mt Druitt and played all his junior footy for St Marys? That one?

MugaB

Coach
The one who was born in NSW, grew up in Mt Druitt and played all his junior footy for St Marys? That one?
Its funny we have the eligibility of ronaldo matulino being questioned this week, its a fitting topic for this thread, since he almost stole a origin spot from another qlder pretty much

betcats

Referee
Just stirring the pot tbh fellas but he has mixed loyalties due to his mixed heritage, its not that hard to understand is it? Its not breaking the rules and werent they made this way so we could strengthen the international game? We want the best players available for Samoa and Tonga.