What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Joey drugs bust

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
It's Ben's defence's fault! He's got no leg drive so Joey turned to drugs :lol:

crusader-eel

Juniors
You're both wrong!

It's all Timmy's fault and it'll be all over the papers tomorrow "Joey's Bust - All my fault by Tim Smith"

strider

Post Whore
i dunno - i think waggy's missed tackle in the 2005 Prelim Final probably led joey down the dangerous path

Junior 5

Juniors
I'm 11 and admire a lot of the current footballers playing but Joey you have lost me as a fan, I was disappointed when I read the news today.
It doesn't matter what excuse you give, you were caught with something you should not have even had.
You say a unknown person had put it in your pocket, WELL why keep it there, when you should of got rid of it straight away and passed it onto the authorises. Sorry but the excuse of " I forgot about it ", just doesn't take with me. DRUGS ARE WRONG and it doesn't matter who you are.

Kornstar

Coach
Why is this news? Who cares what a retired sports person does with his life after footy? I know i don't......he is no different to the 40% of adults between the age of 18 and 35 who take drugs.

It aint our business, we didn't need to know, what good has it done for ANYONE knowing this?????

Suitman

Post Whore
Junior 5 said:
I'm 11 and admire a lot of the current footballers playing but Joey you have lost me as a fan, I was disappointed when I read the news today.
It doesn't matter what excuse you give, you were caught with something you should not have even had.
You say a unknown person had put it in your pocket, WELL why keep it there, when you should of got rid of it straight away and passed it onto the authorises. Sorry but the excuse of " I forgot about it ", just doesn't take with me. DRUGS ARE WRONG and it doesn't matter who you are.

:clap: :clap:

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Kornstar said:
Why is this news? Who cares what a retired sports person does with his life after footy? I know i don't......he is no different to the 40% of adults between the age of 18 and 35 who take drugs.

It aint our business, we didn't need to know, what good has it done for ANYONE knowing this?????

It can be used for good.
The drug problem is a dreadfully sad blight on society.
If Johns was man enough, he'd come out and make good out of all this.
He is portrayed as a god, clearly he's not.

Ask parents of children who have died about this subject.

It's time for him to stand up and be counted.

It'll be interesting to see how Matty approaches the subject on the Footy Show tonight.

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
Suitman said:
It can be used for good.
The drug problem is a dreadfully sad blight on society.
If Johns was man enough, he'd come out and make good out of all this.
He is portrayed as a god, clearly he's not.

It's time for him to stand up and be counted.

It'll be interesting to see how Matty approaches the subject on the Footy Show tonight.

Suity

So the question is though, who exactly has this helped reporting that Joey had a tablet on him? Whether what he has done is right or wrong, i don't see how this could turn into a good thing?

The last thing i would want him to do is come out and say this is bad! Clearly he would not think this is true and for anyone who has ever taken one, i gaurantee you 99.9% of people would tell you that the feeling is great, otherwise, why take them? Him telling people that they are bad would be hypocritical because he obviously does not think so!!!

Would you rather him lie? What message does that send out? There is no good that can come of this, so it should never have been reported, it isn't reporter when Joe nobody goes to jail for having 2 in their possession!!!!

strider

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
you also spell better than a lot of the adults on here mate :lol:
give him/her time - they'll be typing like a monkey like the rest of us soon :lol:

crusader-eel

Juniors
Kids, especially, look up to Joey and to see him caught with drugs basically sends them the message that Mum and Dad's warning are probably just scare tactics - they can't be that bad for you if Joey has them.

I hate illegal drugs with a passion and my biggest fear is that one of my kids will get hooked on them.

This doesn't help - although I'll continue to try to scare them into hopefully staying away from all illegal drugs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm not making any excuses whatsoever for Joey's behaviour, but the guy was caught with one tablet. And some people are out for blood. Look at the AFL and that scumbag Cousins, who i might add is still playing.

goboggo

Juniors
Suitman said:

Yeah because they'll give you a balanced assessment :roll:

Who are you talking about anyway? Anna Wood's parents? The girl who died from over-hydration (years ago by the way) because she didn't know what she was doing? I've seen them in a debate about drugs and they were totally blinded by their pain (which is understandable). They couldn't and wouldn't listen to anyone who was trying to make them understand another point of view.

In my experience the drugs debate is a funny one because the people who have taken them are more likely to know what they can and can't do to you, but they are also the more likely to defend drugs. I'll say this though - there are a hell of a lot of things worse than Es out there.

Let me tell you guys a few things.

And all this role model stuff is crap. Look at Junior there - 11 years old and smart enough to make up his own mind.

Joey's sponsors/employers have a decision to make. But to consider him some big nasty dude for doing this is silly. I do agree that he should have admited to it though. The excuse was pathetic.

Latest posts