What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Joey drugs bust

Kornstar

Coach
Pazza said:
hahaha i was at the Armin Van Buuren white party at the Dome in Homebush. Group of cops standing around talking to one and other taking no notice of anyone except themselves. easiest shift as long as you can handle the music

I used to go to raves and seriously, we used to watch the cops talking to all the party goers, they must of loved the conversations they had, how easy would that 10 hour shift be? thousands of happy people walking around, floating!!

Kornstar

Coach
Anna Woods was only a story because she was young and it was the first time it had happened and they obviously wanted to scare everybody........i can see where they are coming from (the media) but i wish there was actually more honesty in relation to it.

The truth is they are not sure what E's will do to you, they are predicting but have no evidence of the long term effects because it hasn't been long enough.

Media/Authorities say "It's bad", "You'll die!!".....kid tries it, doesn't die, but in fact has the best time they have ever had.....Authorities/Media are liars!!!!

Education is the best thing that could ever happen, not scare tactics, because they just look stupid!!!

Pazza

First Grade
and if there was greater education into drugs and their effects then the minimal deaths that happen and the foray into harder drugs would be even more minimal.

there is so much we can learn from this country about progressive attitudes to social issues

Holland-map.jpg

Nikki

Coach
I just laugh that of all the alleged drugs Joey has done, its the eckies that get him! :lol:

Yeah and agreed with most of the sentiments here that his excuse is a bit of a farce. My question is, why has Brian Smith come out and said anything. Joey is retired is he not? If you retire mid-season do you still have an obligation to your club?

Stagger eel

Staff member
The footy show has a chance to gain alot of credibility which they lost in previous years in the way they approach the issue and it will be interesting to see if they take that path, but I suspect I could be expecting too much, if they go soft on Joey..than that's it, I'll never watch the show ever again.

goboggo

Juniors
eelavation said:
The footy show has a chance to gain alot of credibility which they lost in previous years in the way they approach the issue and it will be interesting to see if they take that path, but I suspect I could be expecting too much, if they go soft on Joey..than that's it, I'll never watch the show ever again.

Why?

This is one issue where I couldn't care less how they think. They're all individuals and entitled to their opinion on this matter. Why should they toe the corporate line of saying Joey is a naughty boy?

The dude does some Es on his days off. So what?!

Storm in a teacup.

strider

Post Whore
eelavation said:
*expects eela to be watching the footy show for the last time * :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
goboggo said:
Why?

This is one issue where I couldn't care less how they think. They're all individuals and entitled to their opinion on this matter. Why should they toe the corporate line of saying Joey is a naughty boy?

The dude does some Es on his days off. So what?!

Storm in a teacup.

your kidding aren't you?

well if your happy with old rhetoric "it's not his go" than that's up to you, and it's more than a non issue, the NRL are looking at banning him from the Dally M's on this, they obviously don't think it's a non issue.

Kornstar

Coach
The NRL have to ban him, purely to get one up on the AFL.....no other reason! We have to get one up on them for something, cause they do everything else better than us!

goboggo

Juniors
eelavation said:
your kidding aren't you?

well if your happy with old rhetoric "it's not his go" than that's up to you, and it's more than a non issue, the NRL are looking at banning him from the Dally M's on this, they obviously don't think it's a non issue.
Mate if they come out with the "It's not his go" I will laugh at their bs. It's obviously his go.

But I don't care if it his go. I'm certain that many people don't care if it his go.

Of course the NRL are saying it's wrong - that's their place in things. As an organisation they can't condone something illegal. That doesn't mean that David Gallup actually cares about it on a personal level.

Suitman

Post Whore
goboggo said:
Mate if they come out with the "It's not his go" I will laugh at their bs. It's obviously his go.

But I don't care if it his go. I'm certain that many people don't care if it his go.

Of course the NRL are saying it's wrong - that's their place in things. As an organisation they can't condone something illegal. That doesn't mean that David Gallup actually cares about it on a personal level.

No, but he probably cares about what it does to Rugby League - ex-player or not.

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
Suitman said:
No, but he probably cares about what it does to Rugby League - ex-player or not.

Suity

It hasn't really affected AFL has it? and it is rampant there!!!

goboggo

Juniors
Suitman said:
Oh exactly. I'm sure everytime something like this - or an alcohol related incident - happens he thinks "bloody hell, another moron I have to talk about".

Look, Gallup is aware that there is a problem, that I know. And the league want to stop these things. That I know too. But if they are unable to stop these things I bet all they want is for people to not get caught. Minimising the damage to the game is his issue. And if minimising the damage means saying that someone did wrong, then that's what they have to do.

But, my comments were about the footy show. Sure, you can say that if they defend Joey it is totally because of their "protect the game, old boys" agenda. But maybe they just don't care about players taking social drugs.

I can see where eela is coming from. I understand that if they say "it's not his go" that you might decide that you've heard enough bs from that show, but I for one won't be tuning out because if that. I was more likely to give up watching it if they continue with crap anti-ads and the like.

goboggo

Juniors
Kornstar said:
It hasn't really affected AFL has it? and it is rampant there!!!
Dude, the AFL and the Rugby League pretty much have the same dudes playing the game - males aged 18-30. I'd say the amount of people doing drugs and carrying on like pork chops after drinking a skinful are about the same.

But you are right - it won't affect the game, as long as the authorities "tut, tut" in the manner expected. So they will.

Daren

Juniors
There is a story on the Daily Telegraph web site, about Joey admitting to his problems with drugs and alcohol. It was mentioned by Rayyyyyy on the radio in the last half hour. I wonder if there is any truth to the story then.

Stagger eel

Staff member
goboggo said:

you know what at the end of the day, you're exactly right however if this guy continues to be employed by channel 9, NRL and the Newcastle knights without a hint of punishement than that's an absolute joke.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Daren said:
There is a story on the Daily Telegraph web site, about Joey admitting to his problems with drugs and alcohol. It was mentioned by Rayyyyyy on the radio in the last half hour. I wonder if there is any truth to the story then.

on what program di he declare that??

Daren

Juniors
Rayyy called in with the story on the 2 gb talk show about 7.45 tonight. I do not know if any one else heard it also

Latest posts