What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT Margaret Court Arena hypocrites

snout

First Grade
It's hypocrisy because that slimy bastard Waleed Aly never condemns Islamic clerics who oppose homosexual marriage and who support the stonings etc that happen in Saudi Arabia - but he will take cheap shots at Christians.
He's part of a minority group.
Untouchable.

The crew who sit beside him each night all have whiplash claims in from nodding at every word that slimeball says.

he could forge an argument that black is white and they wouldn't DARE cross him.

never condemns Islamic clerics who oppose homosexual marriage and who support the stonings

he could forge an argument that black is white and they wouldn't DARE cross him.

Speaking of hypocrisy and untouchable, seems I have wrongly assumed that people old enough to use the internet are also old enough to apply intelligent reasoning.

Remember kids - 'All crocodiles are reptiles, but not all reptiles are crocodiles'.

snout

First Grade
Forget your stereotype argument.

I'm talking about one guy and his biased opinions that his cronies don't dare oppose.

Inferno

Coach
It's hypocrisy because that slimy bastard Waleed Aly never condemns Islamic clerics who oppose homosexual marriage and who support the stonings etc that happen in Saudi Arabia - but he will take cheap shots at Christians.

When did he take a cheap shot at Christians?

Waleed the COAT. & his COAT of a missus. I feel so sorry for her parents. I feel sorry for any parent that has a child that transfers or marries into Islam. Would be similar to having somebody get Alzheimers. They are there, but they are gone forever.

Speaking from experience, or just projecting your fear of the unknown again? Exactly how many people do you personally know who transferred (converted?) or married into Islam?

Nah Current Affair. did a story on a happy muslim convert family. Today tonight did a better one, where the parents disowned her & tried to get custody of her kids.
But the kids had bombs on & threatened to blow up the kindy if Gran took em, Coz they wanted to go Gringo hunting with Uncle Hajib.
True story.

Current Affair... Today tonight

I admit I know nothing of this story, owing to the avoidance all manner of bullshit presented by these two shining paragons of dog-whistle sensationalism. But I do know this is complete shenanigans.

From my years living in Indo, I personally know at last 30-40 Western 'transferees' into Islam (by marriage), all of whom maintain normal relations with their respective families. Myself included. I'm a grown up. I don't actually believe in super-duper sky-friends, but since marrying the Indo mother of my two boys the super-duper sky-friend I don't believe in is called Allah instead of Jehovah. I don't believe in the Tooth Fairy either, but my eldest still gets $1 under his pillow ever time he loses one.

Not to say that there aren't extreme cases, such as the example given, but they would be the exception rather than the rule. Extremism is a human weakness and exists in all organisational environments, not only Islam.

As long as he's not getting any tax breaks! After all, that's only for child rearing hetero-sexuals.* (*may or may not also include property owners, submarine developers and coal-mining billionaires)

I admit I know nothing of this story, owing to the avoidance all manner of bullshit presented by these two shining paragons of dog-whistle sensationalism. But I do know this is complete shenanigans.

From my years living in Indo, I personally know at last 30-40 Western 'transferees' into Islam (by marriage), all of whom maintain normal relations with their respective families. Myself included. I'm a grown up. I don't actually believe in super-duper sky-friends, but since marrying the Indo mother of my two boys the super-duper sky-friend I don't believe in is called Allah instead of Jehovah. I don't believe in the Tooth Fairy either, but my eldest still gets $1 under his pillow ever time he loses one.

Not to say that there aren't extreme cases, such as the example given, but they would be the exception rather than the rule. Extremism is a human weakness and exists in all organisational environments, not only Islam.
I had no idea. You sound like somebody that would know the ins & outs of the religion on a daily basis.
1 thing I really feel sorry for is the women. When the family goes down to the beach for a swim, the men the kids all get their kit off & run down into the water. Not the women. They sit up together with their full garb on covered head to toe in 35 degree heat. Why is that?