What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: NSW game 2 side

pedge

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Tahu
6. Barrett
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Snowden
11. Lewis
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. TLL/Waterhouse
16. White
17. Mannah

Plenty of points in that lineup. 4 good solid kicking options as well. No players out of position (besides T)

parra pete

Referee
Pick either Cooper Cronk or Scott Prince @ half back.
I'm sure Queenslanders won't mind lending NSW a few to make future games a contest.

TheParraboy

Staff member
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Tahu
6. Barrett
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Snowden
11. Lewis
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. TLL/Waterhouse
16. White
17. Mannah

Plenty of points in that lineup. 4 good solid kicking options as well. No players out of position (besides T)

More than 24 points? :)

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Timana Tahu
5. Luke Burt
6. Terry Campese
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Cross
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Paul Gallen

14. Brett White
15. Tom Learoyd-Lars
16. Jason King
17. Willie Mason

And where did Falou, Boyd and Cronk play for QLD? didn't seem to put them out much.

Exactly. HaHa sucked because he sucks. He's played ALL his Origin on the wing, ALL Aussie games on the wing and MOST of his Parra games on the wing.

Gould is an idiot.

Joely01

Bench
I feel a side similar to this would go pretty good:
1. Hayne
2. B morris
3. Tahu
4. Lyon
5. Jennings
6. Finch
7. Noddy
8. Poore ( no other props stick out)
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Hindy (C)
12. Watmough
13. Gallen
Bench
14. Gidley
15. Lahrs
16. M. Minichello
17. Mason

ok reasons for mason, hindy, finch, gallen- we need passion back in the team and mongrel, last night i didnt see any of this.
5/8th was really a toss up between finch and gidley, thought gids would be better off the bench

sarahk

Juniors
Upon reading the 500 comments on the DT site i thought to myself that we definitely have A LOT of IDIOTS watching league.

I can't believe Hayne is copping flak for the game. The amount of people blaming him for the loss is ridiculous. I watched the game and i thought minus the first try caused by a defensive error on his/tahu's part he was actually quite good. He looked more dangerous to me than any other NSW player and you could tell he played with passion. So i really don't get the CRITICISM he is copping.

Maybe i should stop reading the DT..after all im stooping to the level of idiots if im on the same web page as them.

wooooooooooooooooooosah

Springs

First Grade
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Timana Tahu
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Eric Grothe/Anthony Minichiello
6. Jamie Soward
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus
10. Ben Cross
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C)
12. Paul Gallen
13. Luke Lewis

14. Preston Campbell/Andrew Ryan
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Keith Galloway/Tim Mannah
17. Michael Weyman

Would pick Gidley at 14 but after last night...
Hindmarsh, Gallen, Lewis, Watmough is a Four nations winning backrow.
Props are hard to separate. Picked purely because of hit-ups/metres gained stats, in which Bailey and Cross tower over Perry/White.
Absolutely refuse to pick Farah or Ennis.
Refuse to pick centres/fullbacks on the wing and locks/centres at five-eighth.
Cooper, Creagh, Perry, White are too soft. No need for Waterhouse when we have Hindmarsh and Gallen, no need for Idris and Leoroyd-Lahrs at all.

Pazza

First Grade
was it just me or did anyone else think that TLL brought some impact to our forwards?

I have to laugh - some Raiders clown has posted on the Telecrap site, that Hayne is not good enough for SOO & should be DROPPED.
let me guess to make way for josh dugan perhaps? in a way i hope they do drop jarryd for game 2 then after we get lapped by 40 he might get a shot at fullback
Hayne copping a lot of flack for the loss.
a lot of short memories around here nobody remembers him carrying nsw last year if we can carry gidley around in a fkn wheelbarrow we can keep jarryd too id drop half the team before him at least he was trying out there
I feel sorry for him, because while Idris was on Hayne was trying to cover 2 in defence.

Idris is only good for shoulder charges - and they only come off 1-5. He defensive weakness was shown again last night - he is too SLOW off the mark!
and how many times was jarryd stuck there desperately trying to shut down the play because qld had already ran riot up the middle and were set up to score if he came in or not?

Last edited:

Djay

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Tahu
4. Lyon
5. Jennings
6.Carney/Bird
7. Kimmorley/Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Cross/Poore
11. Hindmarsh
12. Watmough
13. Waterhouse

14. Farah
15. Learoyd Lahrs (had doubts over him, but played well last night IMO)
16. Lewis
17. Mason

Eelementary

Post Whore
1. Hayne
2. B. Morris
3. Lyon
4. Tahu
5. J Morris
6. Barrett
7. Kimmorely
13. Gallen
12. Hindmarsh
11. Watmough
10. Weyman
9. Ennis
8. Poore

14. Lewis
15. Farah
16. Mannah
17. Mason

I reckon Barrett needs to get a go - he was awesome last year.
Noddy was excellent behind a powederpuff pack.
Watmough IMO tried very hard and was OK.
Ennis had a poor game, but not horrible - maybe that extra spark from Farah would be just what we need.
Mason is in career-best form.
Manah...Well, duh.
Lewis as Mr. Fix-It.
Hindy because obviously they need some starch in D.

codger

Juniors
:clap:
Well what ya reckon?

Any bets the selectors will come out and say something like...
"We will pick the same side and give these players an opportunity for redemption" :crazy:

For whats its worth

1. Hayne
2. B. Morris
3. Lyon or Jennings
4. Tahu
5. J Morris
6. Bird
7. Pearce/ Kimmorely
13. Gallan
12. Hindmarsh
11. Waterhouse
10. Weyman
9. Ennis
8. Poore (if he plays well next 2 weeks vs storm, dragons)

14. Lewis
15. Gidley
16. Mannah
17. Ryles/Bailey/Mason

:thumb:thumb

caylo

Bench
I feel a side similar to this would go pretty good:
1. Hayne
2. B morris
3. Tahu
4. Lyon
5. Jennings
6. Finch
7. Noddy
8. Poore ( no other props stick out)
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Hindy (C)
12. Watmough
13. Gallen
Bench
14. Gidley
15. Lahrs
16. M. Minichello
17. Mason

ok reasons for mason, hindy, finch, gallen- we need passion back in the team and mongrel, last night i didnt see any of this.
5/8th was really a toss up between finch and gidley, thought gids would be better off the bench

to be honest if its a toss up between finch and gidley I chose Gids... Finchs form in melbourne is more to do with the players around him rather then his own ability. We know better then anyone under pressure he fails.
I would consider Pearce at 5-8, although his a halfback IMO he is the best choice and next year can step up into halfback after some more experiance. BUT with Hayne at fullback I think we dont need a creative 5-8, rather some who can feed Hayne the ball and solid defender (Lewis or Bird). My team would be

Hayne
Morris
Tahu
Lyon
Morris
Lewis (I think he is the best choice, he can play as a genuine 5-8 but the defence of a backrower)
Kimmorey
White
Ennis
Weyman
Watmough
Hindmarsh
Gallen

Pearce (hooker or fill in half - depends on what the game needs)
Watmough
Poore
Leroyd-Lars

Latest posts