What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Olympics.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Good read thanks.

I have nothing to say to that argument because it is solid and sound.

Sometimes I stir the pot to get people talking. Some of what I say is tongue in cheek too.

I like a good counter argument, it is good mental exercise to take in opposing arguments and see they are valid when well stated.

What I won't do is try to carry an argument on at the risk of crossing the line into trolling.

Personally I like humility, however I also believe strongly that New Zealanders have been spoiled in sports largely connected to expecting the All Blacks to always win and can be very ungracious when they and other NZders lose....just tune into Talk back after the All Blacks lose and listen the vitriol.

Absolutely bro. I’m glad you’ve taken my post in the right spirit because I was worried I’d be seen as ripping into you. Really it was just that I see you making a lot of long and thought out posts and I thought I’d have a crack at deconstructing some of it, to spark conversation more than anything else.

I actually love how by and large we can have robust but non-troll-y discussion here because while we don’t really know each other, we also aren’t total anonymous strangers - so there’s a sort of accountability, if you want to come back and talk to the same people the next day.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It is a tough one, that’s really all I’m saying. Simply saying ‘she was always considered to be female’ may not be sufficient as an answer if someone is ‘primarily’ a biological male, whatever that means.
Nah I totally agree. But we're discussing and whilst we may end up still confused or not seeing the same point of view, at least we acknowledge it's far from a black and white case, and can have a reasonable debate on it. The inflamed BS on social media is much more damaging than one person participating in a female boxing bout...not that the mouth breathers on there would realise the irony in that

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I actually love how by and large we can have robust but non-trolly discussion here because while we don’t really know each other, we also aren’t total anonymous strangers - so there’s a sort of accountability, if you want to come back and talk to the same people the next day.
Preach. I love this. Funnily enough,my name isn't on here but there is an accountability as someone who wants to continue discussion, but also would never want anyone to feel attacked or inflamed - no matter how anonymous.

Meanwhile, people post under their names on social media and go wild, but seem to give zero f**ks. They seem to love the echo chamber, even though it actively makes them dumb. This site makes me smarter, I've passed off many an opinion I in no way formed myself

Meth

Staff member
I will absolutely accept that someone who is born as intersex in a way, may be hard to classify. But Khelif has never, to my understanding, ever pretended to be anything but a woman. This is not Laurel Hubbard.

To be fair, that's half the problem in the case of a person who is genuinely intersex. There are some, like Hubbard, who are taking the piss

Latest posts