What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: One of the greats retires.

Macca

Coach
r43662_112365.jpg

No doubt you already all know this. I actually shed a little tear while watching his press conference a little while ago. I am going to miss the man, the cricketer, the pants man, the larrikin, the entertainer, the best bowler I have ever seen.

He went out on top, every trophy possible to win is in our cabinet and in no small part due to Warnie. A great time for him to go out as a winner.

Danger

Juniors
Boatharbour said:
A legend for the younger era to cherish.

I second that, its good to know that we all had the chance to watch the best spin bowler of all time work his magic instead of just hearing about it like we did with Bradman.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The mans a genius.
Anybody who could remain a fat gorging drunken hooker sniffer disguised as a sportsman(albeit with a suspect action) for 15 years or more , whilst getting paid overs to bring to life be this cartoon like character, is a freak.
He gets my thumbs up for one of the best "tayka of the pizzz" in years.

zeppelin

Juniors
God i'm going to miss him. Like him or loather him, if it wasnt for warne Australia wouldnt have won half the trophies that have come their way over the last 13 years.

ratsack2

Juniors
well I for one loath him, the guy is a dick, my neighbour only the other day said he would like to dunk his head in a bucket of water for 3 minutes.

and as much as I hate seeing him on the tele, he will no doubt get a gig as a commentator so then we will have to listen to his drivel on channel nine.

Generalzod

Immortal
Very sad day indeed for Australia and the world...I miss him already please come back Warney..Pathetic

cheese

Bench
how could anyone possibly dislike the great man.

the day shane warne is knighted will be a great day for all australians .....sir shane day should become a public holiday

cricket's just not going to be the same without him .... it makes me sick that that chucker will go down in the books as the greatest ever.

ratsack2

Juniors
three things.
1-the off field antics of warnie are disgusting. certainly no role model for my children
2- Muli has the same genetic disorder that my daughter has, congenital dislocation of the radial heads. her condition is worse, she can not straighten either elbow nor can she rotate her forearms, unless you live with it you wouldn't know anything about it.
3- if the laws of the game were not changed about 30 years ago, then half of todays bowlers would be "chuckers"

coolumsharkie

Referee
blacktip-reefy said:
The mans a genius.
Anybody who could remain a fat gorging drunken hooker sniffer disguised as a sportsman(albeit with a suspect action) for 15 years or more , whilst getting paid overs to bring to life be this cartoon like character, is a freak.
He gets my thumbs up for one of the best "tayka of the pizzz" in years.

Baaaha ha haahaaahaaaahaaa... you dont need an ego boost but f**k that is one funny post.

I like Macca's tribute better though :)

spider

Coach
ratsack2 said:
three things.
1-the off field antics of warnie are disgusting. certainly no role model for my children
its a tribute to the sporting arena he played in - why drag up his personal life - there is a lot worse role models out there. And on the point, any man that can go through what he has personally and still perform at his peak on the field = legend.

Its also personally ridiculous the amount of time, effort and money he puts into charity for those less fortunate.

2- Murali

the rules were adjusted to accommodate his bowling action - i agree with cheese - the fact this man will pass Warnie - is a disgrace.

3- if the laws of the game were not changed about 30 years ago, then half of todays bowlers would be "chuckers"
fact remains thought - they are not.

Let "chucky" play baseball.

ratsack2

Juniors
Murali- has a physical disability and it is impossible for him to straighten his arm. so he rises above it to be very good at a professional sport. so we aussies put the boot in.

Warne- a lout of the highest order. again we aussies worship him.

what more should anyone expect.

aussies= poor losers / worse winners

ratsack2

Juniors
SpiderShark said:
its a tribute to the sporting arena he played in - why drag up his personal life - there is a lot worse role models out there. And on the point, any man that can go through what he has personally and still perform at his peak on the field = legend.

Its also personally ridiculous the amount of time, effort and money he puts into charity for those less fortunate.

the rules were adjusted to accommodate his bowling action - i agree with cheese - the fact this man will pass Warnie - is a disgrace.

fact remains thought - they are not.

Let "chucky" play baseball.

so by your reasoning spider it is a disgrace when the rules are changed for Murali but quite acceptable when the rules are changed for the others, so by your very own statement Murali is not a chucker, can't have it both ways, either they are all chuckers or they are not Murali included

spider

Coach
ratsack2 said:
so by your reasoning spider it is a disgrace when the rules are changed for Murali but quite acceptable when the rules are changed for the others,
what others do you refer too?

so by your very own statement Murali is not a chucker,
where does my statement say i think his action is ok - hence, not chucky?

he had an illegal action - the rules were changed regarding the degree a bowlers arm could vary - then his action became legal.

can't have it both ways, either they are all chuckers or they are not Murali included
chucky is what chucky does.

PJ

First Grade
cricket's just not going to be the same without him .... it makes me sick that that chucker will go down in the books as the greatest ever.

Be far better to have someone who was suspended for use of a masking agent.

I wonder how loud Australian cricket supporters would be screaming if an opposition champion made a much quicker than expected return from a big injury only to be caught with a masking agent in their system.

Anyway I will miss Warne the cricketer, not Warne the human headline.

Latest posts