What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - OTHER GAMES 2024

DJDL

Bench
All through the grades and as a kid on the central coast, drinky was a genius with the ball but known to actively avoid defence.

I reckon his defensive efforts tonight would completely rule him out of origin

I haven't seen his name mentioned anywhere, but yes.

That "effort" on the winger was... well... I can't find a word to accurately describe it.
Embarrassing is woefully inadequate.
Pathetic won't do.
Abysmal doesn't cut it.

It's beyond description.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I haven't seen his name mentioned anywhere, but yes.

That "effort" on the winger was... well... I can't find a word to accurately describe it.
Embarrassing is woefully inadequate.
Pathetic won't do.
Abysmal doesn't cut it.

It's beyond description.

Earlier on quite a few of the HTI were throwing his name up believe it or not. The same HTI who were persisting with narrative #4, "The Cowboys are a top 4 team"

bubs

Juniors
How to fix the hip drop tackle, but?
It doesn't appear to be dangerous, as long as the tackler does not land on the back of the legs of the tackled player. Thats when the injuries seem to occur.
Maybe that's the fix?

Frenzy.

Immortal
How to fix the hip drop tackle, but?
It doesn't appear to be dangerous, as long as the tackler does not land on the back of the legs of the tackled player. Thats when the injuries seem to occur.
Maybe that's the fix?
Harder penalties. Should never be a mere fine. Fines don't deter players. Especially players like Felix who are on around $800,00k a year. What's a $1,800 fine going to do. Half of them probably spend that much on "recreation".

bubs

Juniors
What I mean, is, that a lot of tackles from behind have a 'Hip Drop' type motion with one on one tackles, but because they are not falling on the back of the legs, there are no problems with the vast majority of the tackles.
So, if you fall on the back of the legs while tackling from behind, that's a penalty/charge. Everything else is let go.
Make it black and white.

Frenzy.

Immortal
What I mean, is, that a lot of tackles from behind have a 'Hip Drop' type motion with one on one tackles, but because they are not falling on the back of the legs, there are no problems with the vast majority of the tackles.
So, if you fall on the back of the legs while tackling from behind, that's a penalty/charge. Everything else is let go.
Make it black and white.
Amen to that but they can't because there was a syndesmosis injury last week in the Panthers Warriors game which was not from ahip drop but a legs tackle gone wrong. How long before the idiots who tinker with everything deem the tackle of the Panther (? Peachey) on Leiataua dangerous as it causes the same mechanism of injury as the hip drops do i.e. internal rotation of the lower leg against external rotation of the talus.

For example, this tackle caused the same injury to Leiataua as Felix's tackle caused to Papali's yet they are totally different. Worries me that sooner or later this gets outlawed as well through this rampant over governance from the Tinkerers.
LABAN.jpg

Harder penalties. Should never be a mere fine. Fines don't deter players. Especially players like Felix who are on around $800,00k a year. What's a $1,800 fine going to do. Half of them probably spend that much on "recreation".
It's probably a tax deduction it wouldn't surprise me

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bronco's are not as good as are made out to be. They do miss Reynolds but don't play much differently aith him there. They just don't do the hard stuff. Score a LOT of box office tries through speed but lack options in the opps 20 when AR not there.

Bronco's are not as good as are made out to be. They do miss Reynolds but don't play much differently aith him there. They just don't do the hard stuff. Score a LOT of box office tries through speed but lack options in the opps 20 when AR not there.
They are somewhat similar to Roosters it's about blowing teams off the park.
They are not happy to win 10-4.
And when things don't go right straight to trick plays

So when do people say Dolphins have had soft run.
Today this is only 2nd game outside of Qld the other in Darwin.
Not once to Sydney
Played only 1 team inside the 8

shadowboxer

First Grade
So when do people say Dolphins have had soft run.
Today this is only 2nd game outside of Qld the other in Darwin.
Not once to Sydney
Played only 1 team inside the 8
C’mon Stake don’t want to ruin the Wayne Bennett renaissance - see how they are in 2026.
Crazy thing is he leaves Souths, who currently suck post his tenure, now gets another bit of some Redfern cherry.
Read into that as you will.

Latest posts