What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Outsiders thoughts on Northies

fatshark

Bench
Was better 15 years ago, been twice lately. Piss poor customer service. Insanely slow bar service, slowest in Sydney. food quality is extremely poor and overpriced. The whole vibe of the place reeks of testosterone, not at all relaxed and felt like it was gonna explode.

spider

Coach
fatshark said:
Was better 15 years ago,
absolutely - you would just turn up on a Sunday, or any weekend day for that matter and you always knew people there.

had a great vibe - and a sensational optic workout on the Sunday.

Piss poor customer service. Insanely slow bar service, slowest in Sydney. food quality is extremely poor and overpriced. The whole vibe of the place reeks of testosterone, not at all relaxed and felt like it was gonna explode.

in a nutshell fatshark - in a nutshell. Spot on.

ali

Bench
Well I went out in Cronulla last night, didn't go to Northies or Fusion and had a great night. Started at the bar in Rydges, where they had a dj playing. From there we went to lounge and finished at the brass monkey. Definately one of the best nights I've ever had in Cronulla, and hopefully that will convince my mates that we don't always have to go to Northies.

dimitri

First Grade
N ever ever be seen there (Social Suicide)
O verrated. Only rated by losers who go there.
R entacrowd
T is for TRYHARD. You must be a tryhard to go there, you can start by wearing generic and ugly shire clothing, eg INDUSTRIE.
H ores.
I diots.
E xtra crap on Sundays
S cumbags.

YAY GO NORTHIES

:lol:

Bundy

Juniors
dimitri said:
N ever ever be seen there (Social Suicide)
O verrated. Only rated by losers who go there.
R entacrowd
T is for TRYHARD. You must be a tryhard to go there, you can start by wearing generic and ugly shire clothing, eg INDUSTRIE.
H ores.
I diots.
E xtra crap on Sundays
S cumbags.

YAY GO NORTHIES

:lol:

You sure you've never been there Dimi??

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
whilst i find it hard to agree with a raging faggott like Dimi, I find on this occasion i must, on the northies issue.
there is nothing the current owners/managment have done to enhance the original northies vital signs. in fact, the complete failure of the management team that is headed by the licenesee, is clearly evident. As a local resident I know full well how close they are to losing their license.It would literally take a few committed people & they are gonski.
For the record, if Northies was gonski, the profitiability of our club would increase exponentially.
Choose your team.

eMPee

Juniors
I refuse to go to Northies. After being thrown out for no reason multiple times, no matter if our group was big or small, male or female, or when a friend genuinely needed and asked for help and was ignored and laughed at by the bouncers i wont waste my time just to be seen by all the beautiful people.......

spider

Coach
I was at Sharks yesterday watching the cricket and see they are kicking off Sundays again from Australia Day.

BBQ, band and other stuff in the garden bar downstairs.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
SpiderShark said:
I was at Sharks yesterday watching the cricket and see they are kicking off Sundays again from Australia Day.

BBQ, band and other stuff in the garden bar downstairs.

My god. Someone has actually got a good idea. Things are looking up.

I renewed my membership the other day. $15 for the licensed club and $15 for the football club (footie club renewal means you get one general admission and other goodies). I'm not fazed but can someone tell me why Cronulla RSL are only $10? IMO the rissole is a superior venue. The extra five bucks multiplied by member numbers would be a fair whack.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
because the rsl is desperate for the aged members. particularly bowling members. What would happen to the joint if sharks supporters became the majority of voting members at the RSL?
f*cken beautiful that would be! 1 new club house thanks. on the beach.

millersnose

Post Whore
speaking of clubs and the elderly perhaps the sharks needs an experienced manager of a local amenities club to help them out

/cryptic shot

dimitri

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
whilst i find it hard to agree with a raging faggott like Dimi, I find on this occasion i must, on the northies issue.
there is nothing the current owners/managment have done to enhance the original northies vital signs. in fact, the complete failure of the management team that is headed by the licenesee, is clearly evident. As a local resident I know full well how close they are to losing their license.It would literally take a few committed people & they are gonski.
For the record, if Northies was gonski, the profitiability of our club would increase exponentially.
Choose your team.

Finally someone with common sense.

The only problem with your comment, is that if northies went all the idiots would end up on the streets, probably riding skateboards or going to some other venue, making it crap.

It really is a lose-lose situation for any decent people living in the shire

spider

Coach
The old Northies was great.

An establishment can nurture the culture they wish to adopt - then monitor this with so called "Management fundamentals" - something they could look to use some time.

Macca

Coach
King of the Hill said:
I'll tell you what the Shire needs - a big beer garden with a big outdoor screen for sport.

Yup.

I was at the Newport Arms yesterday. It has to be mirrored in the Shire somewhere. Magnificent beer garden. My head hurts.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
SpiderShark said:
The old Northies was great.

Yep you could get anything you wanted (or craved) in the old northies.

Top level: Planet of the apes

Ground level: Beneath the planet of the apes

The wall near the footpath: Beyond the planet of the apes

Latest posts