What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Parra Stadium sharing

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I don't know about the long concourses of the design. I think one of the strong points we can take from Parra stadium currently is that the stands are on top of the concourses and having the fans in the stands so close to the action. You could extend the concourses an extra 3-5 rows on top of where they are now, then have your corporate and from there you have the stands. The problem with that would be corporate getting fussy about the normies being too close in front of them.

Suitman

Post Whore
Never said it didn't look good. i just thought the comment at the top was yet another comment about how wonderful Wanderers fans are and passionate etc. and Eels fans are not because we aren't coming up with stadium plans that we have absolutely no control over.

lol.
Whatever.

Suitman

Post Whore
I don't know about the long concourses of the design. I think one of the strong points we can take from Parra stadium currently is that the stands are on top of the concourses and having the fans in the stands so close to the action. You could extend the concourses an extra 3-5 rows on top of where they are now, then have your corporate and from there you have the stands. The problem with that would be corporate getting fussy about the normies being too close in front of them.

You make some valid points. I agree that the corporates would have problems with sitting near the riff raff. Although, the irony is that a lot of the time, the corporates ARE the riff raff.

I just want a stadium like the picture above. I'm a stadium nerd so have studied this subject closely for many years.
I don't like these curved upper side tiers. I don't like open corners. I don't like uncovered end sections.
I reckon the best looking stadiums, (from the inside anyway) and the ones that create the best atmosphere are the ones that have several continuous tiers all the way around.
I think the above design achieves all of that.
One thing we must understand is that the new stadium WILL have plenty of corporate capacity. The rich free-loading fat cats need somewhere to sit as well.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Another design in process.
Korny, please don't take offence to it because it came from a person who ISN'T a Parra Eels fan.

12339636_10153902266942518_6340019499540396001_o.jpg

Suitman

Post Whore
A Christmas present coming for us all?

Suity

Western Sydney Wanderers hoping for new stadium plans to be finalised by Christmas

1449976053145.jpg

Western Sydney Wanderers executives will meet with NSW government authorities this week in the the hope of finalising details by Christmas for the mooted $300 million complete rebuild of their home ground Pirtek Stadium.

The Wanderers, who share the facility with NRL club Parramatta, could be currently playing their last A-League season at the ageing facility for at least three years, with the club investigating options for a temporary move to one of several stadiums in Sydney's west.

The new stadium will essentially double the capacity of the current facility in terms of spectators and corporate facilities, meaning the Wanderers will be able to further increase its already relatively impressive financial performance in only its fourth season in the A-League.

"We are hoping for a resolution, and the sooner the better," Wanderers chairman Paul Lederer told The Australian Financial Review. "But we think the new stadium will be a game changer. It will be a world class facility in Sydney's west and will be a great asset for the community."

The Wanderers are budgeting for a profit this season from revenue of at least between $12 to15 million, according to chief executive John Tsatsimas. Membership is at capacity at about 17,900, with another 2000 on a waiting list.

"We think we could eventually get that total number to 25,000 to 30,000 in the new stadium," Tsatsimas said. "We expect this season to be possibly our last season for a while at Pirtek Stadium, without knowing for sure. So we're making plans for what we will do in the interim and examining all our options while considering the facilities for our fans and for our corporate support and so on."

Happily debt-free

The Wanderers also are hoping to shortly break ground on their $20 million training, academy and administration project at Blacktown. The site, to be paid for by the club, will begin with 9 full-size and one half-size football pitches and take about 12 months to build, after which will come medical, administrative, office and social facilities built over three phases.

"We don't take dividends, the club is stable and it is debt free and we are investing any profits we make back into the club," Lederer said. "We think the facility will be finished within five years, so we will have that and the stadium then. The facility will truly be world class, and it will really connect us with our community."

Lederer also said he was pleased there had been a resolution to the dispute between A-League fan groups and Football Federation Australia regarding the banning of fans from stadiums with the right of appeal.

The matter came to a head the weekend before last with large groups of fans, including the Wanderers' Red and Black Bloc, boycotting matches. Meetings last week saw the boycotts end for last weekend, during which the Wanderers beat Melbourne Victory 2-0.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/business/sport/w...ed-by-christmas-20151209-gljkkf#ixzz3uFUSgCJU
Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Another design in process.
Korny, please don't take offence to it because it came from a person who ISN'T a Parra Eels fan.

12339636_10153902266942518_6340019499540396001_o.jpg

I didn't take offence to the design. Your comment associated with it was strange to me is all.

But continue with your victim mentality it seems to be doing you soccer fans very well.

Suitman

Post Whore
I didn't take offence to the design. Your comment associated with it was strange to me is all.

As was this.........

Cause Parra fans only want shit designs :?

I was just clarifying where the design came from, that is all.
Never did I suggest that Parra fans want what you said. :roll:

Anyway.........

I'm looking forward to a Christmas present from the state govt, if the article posted above comes true. Hopefully, it does.

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
My mate just had a tour over in the UK with his kids football team and he advised me that they went and saw a game at Leicester City's home ground and the atmosphere was perfect and he reckons it seats just over 30, 000. I think that is all we really need. The success of the WSW has definitely contributed to us gaining the upgrade and despite the controversy of some of their fans the club have been a phenomenal success and we as Eels fans will reap the rewards.

Suitman

Post Whore
My mate just had a tour over in the UK with his kids football team and he advised me that they went and saw a game at Leicester City's home ground and the atmosphere was perfect and he reckons it seats just over 30, 000. I think that is all we really need. The success of the WSW has definitely contributed to us gaining the upgrade and despite the controversy of some of their fans the club have been a phenomenal success and we as Eels fans will reap the rewards.

Good points.

I saw pics on Foxsports of the Leicester Stadium on the weekend. I reckon it looks really boring.
It's one of those Ikea flat pack stadiums they build cheaply over there. It's probably good for atmosphere though, and it certainly helps when the team is up the top of the League, like a small club like Leicester is. Crowds like Leicester tend to be noisier than Old Trafford. Their fans are real, and passionate, unlike the plastics that inhabit Old Trafford.
That's why Pirtek has a better atmosphere than Allianz.

I've been to St James' Park, Ewood Park, Loftus Rd, Highbury, White Hart Lane, The City Ground, Boleyn Ground, Riverside Stadium.
I never saw nor heard an atmosphere at any of those grounds like I saw on Saturday night at Pirtek. The City Ground came closest. Nottingham were playing Cambridge in the league cup and there was only 11000 there. The Cambridge fans were like the RBB, and even the Forest fans applauded them after the game.

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
Good points.

I saw pics on Foxsports of the Leicester Stadium on the weekend. I reckon it looks really boring.
It's one of those Ikea flat pack stadiums they build cheaply over there. It's probably good for atmosphere though, and it certainly helps when the team is up the top of the League, like a small club like Leicester is. Crowds like Leicester tend to be noisier than Old Trafford. Their fans are real, and passionate, unlike the plastics that inhabit Old Trafford.
That's why Pirtek has a better atmosphere than Allianz.

I've been to St James' Park, Ewood Park, Loftus Rd, Highbury, White Hart Lane, The City Ground, Boleyn Ground, Riverside Stadium.
I never saw nor heard an atmosphere at any of those grounds like I saw on Saturday night at Pirtek. The City Ground came closest. Nottingham were playing Cambridge in the league cup and there was only 11000 there. The Cambridge fans were like the RBB, and even the Forest fans applauded them after the game.

Suity

My favourite football team is Red Star Belgrade and their fans are astonishing according to many European opponent teams fans. I have visited the stadium but am yet to see the fans live in a derby against Partizan or an important Euro game. One for the bucket list.

Suitman

Post Whore
My favourite football team is Red Star Belgrade and their fans are astonishing according to many European opponent teams fans. I have visited the stadium but am yet to see the fans live in a derby against Partizan or an important Euro game. One for the bucket list.

Yep, for sure.
Just don't show any videos here.
Gronk and Bart will have a coronary about the amount of flares.

Suity