What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT Pick Your Anzac Test Team.....Potentially Our Strongest Line Up In Years

Yip Cayless retired

New Zealand skipper Nathan Cayless quits representative rugby league

April 24, 2009 New Zealand's World Cup-winning skipper Nathan Cayless has quit representative rugby league effective immediately.
Cayless, 31, said he felt the time was right to retire after leading the Kiwis to their historic 34-20 World Cup final win over the Kangaroos at Suncorp Stadium last November.

It's a blow for the Kiwis ahead of the May 8 re-match with Australia in Brisbane, the Parramatta front-rower claiming the decision to hang up his Test boots had been a long time coming.

"That was and always will be a massive highlight of my career," said Cayless.

"Nothing can compare with that. It was a fantastic campaign to be involved in and it was a huge honour to be able to lead the first New Zealand team to win the World Cup.

"I've had a great time playing for the Kiwis over the last 10 years but I decided a while ago that it was time to move on from representative football.

"I now want to put all my energy into Parramatta for the last couple of years of my career."

Cayless played 38 Tests for the Kiwis, making his international debut in the second Test against Australia in Brisbane in 1998.

His announcement comes just a day after former New Zealand skipper Stacey Jones confirmed he would not be coming out of representative retirement for next month's clash.
AAP

From Fox

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25379772-5016947,00.html

AliN

Live Update Team
very underrated imo.
We've got some good winger/centres to pick from, which I suppose is a good thing.

Would love to see him in a Kiwis jersey.

Noa

First Grade
Moimoi >> Blair

Blair >>>>> Moimoi.

Mooks is a smart coach, he'll want nothing to do to with Fui, particularly when you can have prop rotation of any four of Blair, Lima, Packer, Asotasi and Rapira. Players you know will bust there arse for the jersey and not be looking towards the bench after 5 minutes.

Personally if it come down to Packer and Rapira for the last spot Id go Packer just cause of his greater ability to break or bend the d-line back.

Rapira is in doubt

http://www.radiosport.co.nz/SportsNews/spleg/Detail.aspx?id=156290

Rapira in doubt for Anzac test

4/27/2009 10:20 AM
A blow for both the Warriors and the Kiwis with Sam Rapira suffering a chest injury putting him in doubt for Anzac test

A blow for both the Warriors and the Kiwis.

Warriors prop Sam Rapira took a knock to the chest late in Saturday night's 14-all draw with the Storm in Melbourne. The initial prognosis is he will miss at least one week, but a two week stint on the sidelines is more likely. The Kiwis play the Kangaroos on Friday week.

Rapira will be assessed later today.

Wade McKinnon should be fit to return to the Warriors line-up for Sunday's match against the Dragons in Sydney, after missing the Melbourne match with a hamstring injury.

THE PLAYMAKER

Juniors
I think this is a very important year for nzrl the make up of the KIWI side could well a truly be one of our strongest ever there is no doubting we have stronger better ball playing forwards then the roos this is a fact which cant be denied OUR backline is almost on parr with the roos except for a couple of key positions,if nzrl focus on getting not another team but quite possible another 3 teams central nth island, wellington,
canturbury,if anything the world cup showed what the kiwis can do with limited resources, one side in the NRL and a handfull of players across a number of NRL sides if NZ had more sides playing in the NRL your start to see how strong we realy are just imagine all the top kiwi players playing in these sides your start to see a new dominance arise i have no doubt aust produce great players but when you look at the dominence of the allblacks super 14 sides and not to mention NZ MAORI over the years it is not unimaginable to think we cant dominate R/LEAGUE.my kiwis team
1 SAM PERRETT
2 MANU VATUVAI
3 SIA SOLIOLA
4 STEVE MATAI
5 TANIELA TUIAKI
6 KRISNAN INU:sarcasm:
7 BENJI MARSHELL

8 ROY ASOTASI
9 ISSAK LUKE
10 SAM RAPIRA
11 SIMON MANNERING
12 DAVID FA ALOGO