What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Post here and I will rate you as a punk band.

cheese

Bench
ahhhh the biscuits .....used to be my favourite band ....civarelli's a sick merkin....

Hit me up newmz .....and dont give me good charlotte just because ive been dogging the footy lately

newman

First Grade
Hatebreed are hardcore punk and If I want to associate Reefy with them, I will.

And for that Phatman, you are Avril Lavigne.

Globally considered to be a terrible joke. Dont mess with me again.

avmuch.jpg

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
new Found Glory, Rufio, movielife, Midtown, taking Back Sunday, Yellowcard, Allister, Matchbook Romance, name Taken, Autopilot Off, Hidden in plain View, senses Fail, Thursday, the Used, Gyroscope, Story of the Year

newman

First Grade
Cheese.

You are Fugazi.

Once upon a time your singer to be into hardcore and in a band called Minor Threat. Then you gave it up and started Fugazi who mix low down jazz grooves,chords and structures with punk and hardcore beats and lyrics. Even though alot of your songs are unlistenable, some of them are flat out awesome and you have a legion of moody fans who will defend you to the grave. Your singer also invented the terms 'emo' and 'straight edge'.
fugazi_05_05.jpg

Frailty

First Grade
Hatebreed are not hardcore punk. They are hardcore metal... hardcore is a variation of metal along with death metal, grindcore, and just the old heavy metal.

And besides, punk these days is crap.

newman

First Grade
People, please dont tell me what punk is. I dont want to go into a genre argument.

I have spoken personally to members of Hatebreed and they told me that they consider themselves a hardcorepunk band. Thats good enough for me.

BIG BAD SHARK FAN.

I have saved a special one for you.

You are the MISFITS.

misfits-15.jpg

A mysterious band who started off as a joke based on an obsession with horror movies that would only play gigs on Halloween. They go on to a 20 year career despite a guitarist killing a punter at a show, their singer Danzig (yes, the Danzig) leaving, terrible songs and musicianship and about 58 member changes.

They are sighted by all the right people as influences, have millions upon millions of fans, have an army of merch and are still playing today, despte being bald, fat and sh*t.

Its a mystery to me, and so are you.

newman

First Grade
Carch.

You are ALL.

A side project for the Descendents, without their geeky singer Milo. You have been around forever and are highly underated. People just expect you to be there and as such, forget how awesome you are. Great songs about life, girls and stuff, maybe a little repetitive, but fun all the same. Nice guys too.

277324-music-resized200.JPG

newman

First Grade
Mac.

You are pennywise.

Everyone knows you. When you started out, you were popular.Then people hated you for a bunch of different reasons (Mainly three or four crappy albums that all sounded the same). Now, youre not so popular, but youre reliable and you keep plugging away and have gained a new kind of creidibility, simply for being around.

pennywise.jpg

PHaTMaN

Juniors
So does that mean Avril is considered punk too Newman?

Oh well, at least I'd do myself.

newman this is a f**king awesome thread. i've got a band for myself in mind but i'd love to see what you come up with if you get a chance.

btw - who is going to be the one to make a match for newmz ?

newman

First Grade
Sir Shire.

You are Bad Brains.

You are the first black punk rock band. You are a group of dreadlocked maniacs who churned out chaotic thrash/grind at a furious pace, with a singer who sounded like a yelping chihauau in the early eighties. It was brilliant. Then you all converted to rastafarianism and became a dub band, and then you werent very good at all. I like the old bad brains.

481821.jpg

mr_sharks I dont know anything about you.

So, you are The Casualties.

They sound and look exactly like you would expect an early eighties english streetpunk band to, but they are American. They sing songs about their Mohawks, beating people up, living on the street and boozin. Pretty crap, really.

Casualties.jpg

newman

First Grade
Spirit of League.

You are Bulldog Spirit.

A skinhead band from Canberra. I know nothing about them. But I think the name suits. In fact, I think they may even be nazi skinheads, but im not sure.

bulldogspirit.jpg

Latest posts