What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Socceroos v Ghana

TheParraboy

Staff member
From being hyped up late week at Darling Harbour amongst the festivities and atmosphere, anticipating great things from the Socceroos, to tonight, well, I dont know what to expect :?

The sad thing is, we manage to win this game we will still be at the bottom of Group D, with all sides on equal points. unless of course we go on a goal scoring spree and win like 5-0 :)

lets play some football :D

Gordy

Juniors
From being hyped up late week at Darling Harbour amongst the festivities and atmosphere, anticipating great things from the Socceroos, to tonight, well, I dont know what to expect :?

The sad thing is, we manage to win this game we will still be at the bottom of Group D, with all sides on equal points. unless of course we go on a goal scoring spree and win like 5-0 :)

lets play some football :D

I'm not at all confident TheParraboy. I've got a bad feeling that we are in for another shellacking.....:(

I hope I am wrong though.

spartan2153

Juniors
This is a tuff game to predict.Australia could come out & blow them off the park, but at the same time ghana could turn in a performance that blows them away. It really depends on the aussies having the game of there life & hopefully they dont embarrass us by whinging to the refs like last time.

To be honest the way coaching staff & players have behaved is a very dissapointing. They played absolutely rubbish last week. Coaching tactics were wrong from the start. Everything that has been thrown at the team is deserved. Perform on the park & the media will praise you where it should. Dish up rubbish & you will get treated that way as well

Gordy

Juniors
This is a tuff game to predict.Australia could come out & blow them off the park, but at the same time ghana could turn in a performance that blows them away. It really depends on the aussies having the game of there life & hopefully they dont embarrass us by whinging to the refs like last time.

To be honest the way coaching staff & players have behaved is a very dissapointing. They played absolutely rubbish last week. Coaching tactics were wrong from the start. Everything that has been thrown at the team is deserved. Perform on the park & the media will praise you where it should. Dish up rubbish & you will get treated that way as well

All good points spartan2153.

HevyDevy

Coach
They're a rabble. The coach is in denial. The playing group looks unsteady. Nobody knows what's going on. I don't see the same pride in the jersey I saw four years ago. Egos have taken over. There is no Cahill. Kewell's fitness remains an unknown quantity.

Still, stranger things have already happened in this World Cup.

Haynzy

First Grade
I read an interesting article about Australia in the world cup. '

Expecting the Aussies to knock off Germany is like expecting the Netherlands to knock off the Aussies at the Cricket world cup.'

I guess Aussies v Gahna is probably like expecting the Netherlands to knock off Bangladesh or maybe Ireland.

v Uruguay will probably be like expecting the Netherlands to knock off The West Indies.

ROGUE

Juniors

Perhaps if we were playing vanuatu we'd blow them off the park but no way in hell will we do it to ghana, if anything we'll jag a win....as far as technique, skill and imagination is concerned we are the worst team and that's taking nz and algeria into consideration

bartman

Immortal
There was a good background article about the Ghana side in the Herald this morning.

After reading that I'm really feeling we've got little chance of a win, and holding them to a draw will be a gutsy effort (but probably not enough for us to go through).

Gonna stay up and see how we fare, but I don't think we've got the talents or the depth any more to compete like we did 4 years ago.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We probably need to get a goal early, rattle the Ghanians, force their defence out, so we can get another goal.

Who is our Luke Odonnell?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Heard there is 40,000 aussies over there, 3rd highest overseas supporter base

crowd bathed in gold today thats for sure

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kewel sent off, bloody hell wasnt anywhere near a handball

1-1

we win this will be a miracle

Do the Ref's have something against us? What is kewell meant to do? the ball ws kicked right at him and it hit his shoulder it's not like he moved his arm to block it. A penatly maybe but a red card? Harry was fouled twice in the 1st 10mins in the thier goal area and got nothing! nothing!!!!!
If we win this game it will take all the guts and determination we have. If any one can do it we can with the Aussie spirt, channel the ANZACS, Channel Bradbury if we have to, whatever we have to win!

Suitman

Post Whore
What a stupid f**king game it is.

Not as stupid as AFL......what sport gives anyone a point for missing?

First 20 minutes, we looked composed and doing well.
Sadly we turned a little defensive when we scored, and that let the Ghanans back into the contest.

Gronk, I don't think the sport is stupid......far from it.

What I do hate though, is the reluctance to get with the times and use video technology to get more decisions correct.
The amount of power that a referee has in football in determining a result of any match is greater in this sport than any other.
And, too often, they get it wrong.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Do the Ref's have something against us? What is kewell meant to do? the ball ws kicked right at him and it hit his shoulder it's not like he moved his arm to block it. A penatly maybe but a red card? Harry was fouled twice in the 1st 10mins in the thier goal area and got nothing! nothing!!!!!
If we win this game it will take all the guts and determination we have. If any one can do it we can with the Aussie spirt, channel the ANZACS, Channel Bradbury if we have to, whatever we have to win!

Sadly, the only thing we'll be channelling is Verbeek, and he wouldn't have clue what true Aussie determination is.

Suity