What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Socceroos v Ghana

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Speaking of the quality of the A-League - an A-League coach and a side with a heap of players from the Phoenix are doing our competition enormous credit in South Africa.

Silly FFA - they should have sacked the Pim and sent over Sydney FC as the Socceroos.
Carle would be in South Africa, Carney and Milligan can come back as old boys, and maybe we could find space for Cahill, Valeri and Schwartzer as short-term loan signings.

Nope. It was reviewed. Tackles from behind were to be heavily penalized.

http://www.fifa.com/classicfootball/history/law/summary.html

Jackass.

Ok. I'll give you an run down of why you have no f**king idea what your talking about. First off lets have a look at the 2010 rulebook.

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the
following seven offences:
• serious foul play
• violent conduct
• spitting at an opponent or any other person
• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity
by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within
his own penalty area) - What Kewell was done for
• denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving
towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a
penalty kick
• using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures​
• receiving a second caution in the same match

Hmmm. There is no mention of tackles from behind. The link that you provided me with refers to a rule change in saying:
'A tackle from behind which endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Acts of serious foul play are punishable by a red card. '

So from that we can conclude from above that a tackle from behind that seroiusly endangers an opponents safety is classed as serious foul play and thus should result in a red card. Let me go back to what you said before:

You know the funny thing, for those wanting to [righfully] criticise FIFA? They introduced a law that any tackle from behind was a red card, no questions asked. And the bloke who tackled Bresciano got off scott free...

So to conclude you have no f**king idea what you are talking about.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ok. I'll give you an run down of why you have no f**king idea what your talking about. First off lets have a look at the 2010 rulebook.

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the
following seven offences:
• serious foul play
• violent conduct
• spitting at an opponent or any other person
• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity
by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within
his own penalty area) - What Kewell was done for
• denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving
towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a
penalty kick
• using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures​
• receiving a second caution in the same match

Hmmm. There is no mention of tackles from behind. The link that you provided me with refers to a rule change in saying:
'A tackle from behind which endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Acts of serious foul play are punishable by a red card. '

So from that we can conclude from above that a tackle from behind that seroiusly endangers an opponents safety is classed as serious foul play and thus should result in a red card. Let me go back to what you said before:

So to conclude you have no f**king idea what you are talking about.

OK, well maybe they didn't introduce a new law. I apologise for saying that.

But it is no secret FIFA is supposedly cracking down on tackles from behind - they even went as far as blaming the cutting short of Marco Van Basten's career on tackles from behind.

All I was saying was that, given what they have said in public about player safety and whatnot, that tackle should have been a straight red.

OK, well maybe they didn't introduce a new law. I apologise for saying that.

But it is no secret FIFA is supposedly cracking down on tackles from behind - they even went as far as blaming the cutting short of Marco Van Basten's career on tackles from behind.

All I was saying was that, given what they have said in public about player safety and whatnot, that tackle should have been a straight red.

No problems brother. I heard that report too about cracking down on these tackles. No doubt that would have been running through the referees head when he sent Cahill off.

I agree with you - regardless of the competition or referee that Breciano tackle was a red card offence.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Gotta say that Ronaldo can play. Skills, speed and <gasp> no diving.

Respect.

Suitman

Post Whore
Time to fess up people's.

How many dorks around here are driving around with a socceroos car window flag??

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
No problems brother. I heard that report too about cracking down on these tackles. No doubt that would have been running through the referees head when he sent Cahill off.

I agree with you - regardless of the competition or referee that Breciano tackle was a red card offence.

Yeah I couldn't believe it. I mean, I might have my green and gold glasses on, but if Cahill got a straight red, I couldn't see how the Ghanaian didn't get a red, too.

Oh, well. It's still been an interesting cup so far.

Gronk

Staff member
Time to fess up people's.

How many dorks around here are driving around with a socceroos car window flag??

Suity

Haha not me. Losers.

<Then again I will be wearing a blue wig and blue t-shirt @ SOS 3 in a few weeks so I guess I should STFU :sarcasm: >

Suitman

Post Whore
Haha not me. Losers.

<Then again I will be wearing a blue wig and blue t-shirt @ SOS 3 in a few weeks so I guess I should STFU :sarcasm: >

Fair dinkum......I wouldn't be seen dead in one of those blue wigs. Wankers.
I'm a dork though. I've got a socceroos flag on my car. :lol:

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
Fair dinkum......I wouldn't be seen dead in one of those blue wigs. Wankers.
I'm a dork though. I've got a socceroos flag on my car. :lol:

Suity

No car flag for me but I do have the much bigger flag I took to germany in 06 hanging stuck on a bedroom window :sarcasm:

Parra Guru

Coach
Nah, the car can only cope with one pack of losers at a time....

We've got the NSW origin car flag going :lol: