What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ot: Townsville.

beave

Coach
Depends what reef you go to from tvl, my missus took her old man to Kelso reef last year and they went snorkelling.

There's a few creeks you can go swimming up north (crystal creek and paluma) there's a good little pub at Rollingstone on the way up. The locals there are decent to chat to. The difference between Cairns an Tvl is that Cairns is a bit closer to the reef than and it gets more rainfall so it has always lended itself more to the tourists, whereas Tvl is more blue collar/defence/uni students. The nightlife here is alright but there is a bit of violence on the club strip as the army boys like to blue a bit and if they've been out bush for a few weeks then it doesn't take much for them to get pissed.

Either way you can get decent food, piss and watch some footy up here. Throw in some boobs and really there's not much more man could want.............

The Attorney

Juniors
not sure how many mates you have going with you danger but i recomend you all arrange some sort of van/maxi taxi/limo to pick you up and drop you off before and after the game

Dairy farmers is a nightmare to get out of if you have nothing pre arranged

dont expect to be able to stumble across a taxi any time soon after the game

Last edited:

beave

Coach
b3cdd3fa.jpg

Castle Hill is that big red bitch in the background, awesome workout if you tak the good tracks.

carcharias

Immortal
Ey cools I have been there about 4 times and never even noticed that big hill.
Haha
Can you see it from the pub?

Vin Fizz

Bench
where at mate?

Canberra "Fairbairn" matey. Roulettes did a display on Saturday PM. R7 comms went US. Radtech had to fly back from East Sale. He arrived in one of the B200's. R7 lobed later on in another P9 with an OPSO. We had to sort some stuff out with them which we did and they all flew away happy ever after.

Quigs

Immortal
Well weather watchers I saw on our local TV news tonight that Rockhampton will flood in 7 days.

Not as bad as the last lot but the Fitzroy River is predicted to rise by 8mts.

It won't effect us on the coast (44k away from Rocky) but it is weird as. It could be fine and sunny for the next week but it still wont have a bearing on the oncoming floods.

Anyhow who gives a rats.... they predicted another few days of pissing rains here.

Yeah where were we, thats right Townsville.

Since 73

First Grade
I'm going to Cranberries and Lenny kravitz at the riverstage saturday night.

Reckon i won't dry out til Wednesday.