What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ot: Townsville.

Surely

Post Whore
Titty bars- the great northern hotel does boobs and raffles from about 2pm-5pm on Fridat arvos. I won a $40 seafood voucher last friday arvo........

Was it for seafood or did it just smell that way ?

beave

Coach
Canberra "Fairbairn" matey. Roulettes did a display on Saturday PM. R7 comms went US. Radtech had to fly back from East Sale. He arrived in one of the B200's. R7 lobed later on in another P9 with an OPSO. We had to sort some stuff out with them which we did and they all flew away happy ever after.

If it was a 32 SQN king air that brought the avtech the it would have been a B350, same shit really I guess.

What do you do at Fairbairn/Canberra airport??

Punkess

Juniors
Ey cools I have been there about 4 times and never even noticed that big hill.
Haha
Can you see it from the pub?

If you fly in from the ocean side it's more noticeable. But you should be able to see it from the plane in any direction when you approach the airport.

It's actually a monolith like Ayers rock. Kinda cool. Saw an echidna up there once while walking the track :)

They used to have a webcam you could control over the internet but it got damaged in the cyclone :( That was a few good minutes of fun. http://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/townsville/webcam/Pages/default.aspx

If you're really keen you can try to find the WW2 bunkers.

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Townsville is my favourite away trip. Have done it 3 times now.

Did an afternoon walk up Castle Hill on the Friday and was amazing.

The Seaview Hotel on The Strand does great Steaks.

Maggie on the Saturday is a good idea.

We organised a couple of Maxi Cabs to the game last year and I can recommend that.

Saturday Night head to Flinders Street. I seem to always end up at the Mad Cow. Most of the Panthers and Cowboys teams went back there last year.

beave

Coach
If any of you shark boys that are coming up here want to scale castle hill tomorrow morning around 0630 send me a pm and you can come up with me, its a good way to start the day.

Cowboys and brokeback comments are encouraged................

shaggs

Coach
Trademark hotel is the northies of Townsville
Happy with my bucket of coronas for 24 bucks

Latest posts