What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

WestyLife

First Grade
He doesn’t deserve to be the fall guy However convenient.

There are certain other players on much more money just not delivering. I’m not going to call them out I’ll leave that to others.

He's not a fall guy for me either I just don't rate him. The form of the team doesn't increase/decrease on Schneider. We have far too many rep players for that.

Pomoz

Bench
Tago being a bad defender is just the facts. It probably does get harped on a little much but we're here to talk about what's happening.

Also nice way to just dismiss fellow Panthers fans across the internet because they criticised a player's form.
But its not fact. Where is your evidence? None of the statistics recorded for defence, try cause and line break cause support what you are saying. Why is there such a focus on Tago when he misses a tackle when so many others miss more? He has made more tackles than any other outside back and other than McLean, has the best tackle percentage. He makes more tackles per game than any other outside back. He deserves criticism for his error rate. He makes far too many 31 in 23 games. Luai has 27 in 21 games. Turuva and Edwrads cause more tries than Tago on a per game basis. To'o, Alamoti and Turuva cause more line breaks. Alamoti line break cause % is double that of Tago. Double.

Even when the data doesn't support your argument you and Chins continue to single him out. If you are are going to continue to make derogatory comments about him, at least produce some facts to support your opinion, otherwise it just looks like your are making personal attacks on a player you don't like.

I don't understand it, we are all Panther fans.

WestyLife

First Grade
But its not fact. Where is your evidence? None of the statistics recorded for defence, try cause and line break cause support what you are saying. Why is there such a focus on Tago when he misses a tackle when so many others miss more? He has made more tackles than any other outside back and other than McLean, has the best tackle percentage. He makes more tackles per game than any other outside back. He deserves criticism for his error rate. He makes far too many 31 in 23 games. Luai has 27 in 21 games. Turuva and Edwrads cause more tries than Tago on a per game basis. To'o, Alamoti and Turuva cause more line breaks. Alamoti line break cause % is double that of Tago. Double.

Even when the data doesn't support your argument you and Chins continue to single him out. If you are are going to continue to make derogatory comments about him, at least produce some facts to support your opinion, otherwise it just looks like your are making personal attacks on a player you don't like.

I don't dislike him personally and have praised him when I think he deserved it, he looked to be gaining form a few weeks ago and i love that he looks quick though I wish they could make use of it more but that's on Nathan being out more than anything. that ankle tap was perfect and it was pure luck it didnt come off.

He's making more tackles because teams are attacking him more. He's a perceived weakness not just to us but to our own coaches and opposition coaches. There's something there even if the constant talk is making it sound more dramatic than it should.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

If you have eyeballs and understand the game a bit it's very clear the Tago's decision making is awful. He can't read what's infront of him

Iamback

Coach

When Tago rushes out of the line and leaves a gap it doesn't count as a missed tackle. Look at the ineffective tackles

Stats have us at 55% of tries scored on the right

Try causes is weighted against wingers/fullbacks because a try off a kick etc goes against them. So looks bad on them

So you need to sort that data to position wise and across the league still slightly skewed because Staines played a game in centres so is on the list but of the regular centres

Meaney 19
Tago 18
Pensini 17
Staggs 16

I am also not sure of the way it is marked. Manly game at home perfect example where Talau was scoring down that side atleast 1 was in between Turuva and Tago.

I will say this. Turuva has been back 2 weeks and on the left and no tries have been let in

Chins get the wins

First Grade
When Tago rushes out of the line and leaves a gap it doesn't count as a missed tackle. Look at the ineffective tackles

Stats have us at 55% of tries scored on the right

Try causes is weighted against wingers/fullbacks because a try off a kick etc goes against them. So looks bad on them

So you need to sort that data to position wise and across the league still slightly skewed because Staines played a game in centres so is on the list but of the regular centres

Meaney 19
Tago 18
Pensini 17
Staggs 16

I am also not sure of the way it is marked. Manly game at home perfect example where Talau was scoring down that side atleast 1 was in between Turuva and Tago.

I will say this. Turuva has been back 2 weeks and on the left and no tries have been let in
Always appreciate the work you do with stats.
All my opinions are basically just watching the game but both come to the same point. He's bad and has been for a good while

Pomoz

Bench
I don't dislike him personally and have praised him when I think he deserved it, he looked to be gaining form a few weeks ago and i love that he looks quick though I wish they could make use of it more but that's on Nathan being out more than anything. that ankle tap was perfect and it was pure luck it didnt come off.

He's making more tackles because teams are attacking him more. He's a perceived weakness not just to us but to our own coaches and opposition coaches. There's something there even if the constant talk is making it sound more dramatic than it should.
Fair enough, I think he does go looking for defensive work as well which contributes to his higher tackle rate.

If you look at his prior seasons output 22,23, 24 he has made 15.7, 14.8 and 17.7 tackle per game respectively. Stephen Crichton when he played for us in 22 and 23, made 14 and 11.75 tackles per game. Incidentally, Crichton's effective tackle percentage was lower as well. He made fewer tackles, missed more tackles and made less runs than Tago.

I think it is the error rate, that separates the two. I cannot get data for prior years on errors, so I can only say that last year Tago wasn't in the top 50 list for errors made, this year he is the 18th worst in errors per game in the NRL (players who played 10 games or more).

I should add, Tago is incurring a lot of penalties this year as well. Kenny, Luai and Leota are also penalty machines. In fact, the team is the second worst in the NRL for conceding penalties, with the Roosters first (By margin of 1.3 more per game). Our error rate is not too bad though and we are 13th in the NRL for errors made, better than all the teams left in the finals.

For the sake of the team, if Tago and Luai can reduce their error rates, and if Tago, Kenny and Luai can reduce the penalties, we will significantly improve our share of possession.

Iamback

Coach
Always appreciate the work you do with stats.
All my opinions are basically just watching the game but both come to the same point. He's bad and has been for a good while

As always stats are only as good as those entering the data but in that Try stats it is not good reading for the right.

Alamoti played v Cows on that right wing and 3 of their tries was on that side. So even that skewes Alamoti's numbers

But if we are doing a rough table

Left side

To'o - most of the year 10 try causes

May/Alamoti/McLean 16 - Although Alamoti played wing a few games

Luai - 8.

Cole has 1 but not sure what side so lets put it here.

Sorensen 3 Try Causes

Mav/Garner played a bit of both sides but have 0 try causes anyway.

Right side

Turuva - 19
Tago - 18
Schneider/Cleary - 11
Martin - 5

Henry has 2 but not sure if they were when he play

So even with allocating all of Alamoti's to the right there is a decent difference.

This is allowing for McLean and Mav debuting. Alamoti and May new to that centre role here.

As opposed to the experienced and virtually unchanged right.

So data is there to match that

Latest posts