What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

Iamback

Coach
I'd support an eighteenth man on the bench who is a dedicated outside back with statistics showing they have lined up at wing or centre in the defensive line for 80% of their playing time in their past twenty games. The eighteenth man can only substitute another outside back and the substituted player is out of the game.

An early injury to an outside back ruins games.

In the old days. You could get someone who played NSW Cup earlier so easy to do but yeah it is a blight on the game

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s good the sides who finished top 4 are meeting in the PF.

Three of the four sides will be at full strength, even if players are carrying injuries into the games.
The Roosters without two stars although you could perhaps argue they are better off with Connor Watson as dummy half.

Sime_11

Juniors
That'd be funny.
they had that against the Dragons

i want a Penrith Storm GF, that way the best team wins.

if we are to make and lose a GF - i can accept it being Storm this year as they have been the most consistent team and beaten us twice.

any other winner shows that Penrith & Storm choked in 2024

Kilkenny

Coach

if we are to make and lose a GF - i can accept it being Storm this year as they have been the most consistent team and beaten us twice.

Sometimes on the day the supposed lesser side just plays better and gets the job done. I don’t think it’s a choke. It’s probably unlikely, but it’s possible it could be a Roosters v Sharks GF. Anything can happen however unlikely.

If either of the Roosters or Sharks win that means they have (probably) beaten Penrith and Melbourne in consecutive weeks. That would be a worthy champion.

Then if a prop gets an HIA?
There is more than one way to win a game of league. One of the things that has made Penrith great these last few years is that Ivan has us playing a different way to what was the perceived wisdom just a few years ago and other teams haven’t been able to counter it. We are getting some Panther-lite now, but it is still not there.

For all this talk about our players being generational talents, the only three I think we have had that are truly exceptional league players are Nathan, Critta and Kiks.

Players like Yeo and To’o will go down as pioneers that will re-define their positions, but their true value to us winning is that they offer something different that is taking time for others to catch-up.

I am gutted that the Walker Bros never got a chance to coach in the NRL, as I think that would have been great. I enjoyed Seibold at South and think it is a crime that weak willed Broncos players and entitled ex-players didn’t allow him to try some of his different ideas with an Uber-talented roster.

Because otherwise the coaches want their team to play like the Storm.

Iamback

Coach
There is more than one way to win a game of league. One of the things that has made Penrith great these last few years is that Ivan has us playing a different way to what was the perceived wisdom just a few years ago and other teams haven’t been able to counter it. We are getting some Panther-lite now, but it is still not there.

For all this talk about our players being generational talents, the only three I think we have had that are truly exceptional league players are Nathan, Critta and Kiks.

Players like Yeo and To’o will go down as pioneers that will re-define their positions, but their true value to us winning is that they offer something different that is taking time for others to catch-up.

I am gutted that the Walker Bros never got a chance to coach in the NRL, as I think that would have been great. I enjoyed Seibold at South and think it is a crime that weak willed Broncos players and entitled ex-players didn’t allow him to try some of his different ideas with an Uber-talented roster.

The one consistent has been fitness for us.

Even Smith and Henry has pushed out 80 min games.

So we are set up to cover an injury but the style matters.

Sides are now playing halves as middles but the issue is HIA's are so easy to get that a side can't risk going off script to much because it hurts their rotation if something happens

Even having 18 players but only 17 play. That allows a winger to be on the bench but not waste a spot
Something like the "bad old days" when you had 13 first graders run out and reserve grade sat on the bench and the coach used the reserve he needed up to the maximum allowed. Once it was 2 then went to 4.

Then the Broncos came along with the proviso they didn't have to have a reserve grade in the then NSW competition and it's all been changed since.

See, the Broncos have stuffed the comp...

Chins get the wins

First Grade

The Walker Brothers got found out at a lower level. One year wonders in cup

WestyLife

First Grade

The walkers Bros are terrible. Won a comp one year but otherwise struggle to even make finals.

StanTheMan

Juniors
Something like the "bad old days" when you had 13 first graders run out and reserve grade sat on the bench and the coach used the reserve he needed up to the maximum allowed. Once it was 2 then went to 4.

Then the Broncos came along with the proviso they didn't have to have a reserve grade in the then NSW competition and it's all been changed since.

See, the Broncos have stuffed the comp...
Yes. Unlimited bench, but not unlimited interchange.

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s hard to see anything but a Storm victory this evening, at home, in form, and probably the fittest injury free team of the four remaining sides. I get the feeling it will either be a gripping closely fought contest or a blow out to the Storm.