What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

We were this ill disciplined when Hook coached us too. Obviously there Is a big debate on here about Gus and his role at the club, but surely we all agree he did one thing right…

Girds89

Bench
I know he played 6 today but manu really is a step above as a centre.

Has been for a fair while and was a gun pretty much from the time he came into grade.

Critta aint going to get to his level but if he can continue to improve at a steady rate hes still a very good centre.

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s rather convenient to blame coach Griffin but some of the individual errors and dumb play from some of his players was awful. Lomax alone in a handful of minutes basically gifted the game to the Roosters, his flick pass when a normal pass may have resulted in a try was diabolical. Game changed on that brain snap.

It’s rather convenient to blame coach Griffin but some of the individual errors and dumb play from some of his players was awful. Lomax alone in a handful of minutes basically gifted the game to the Roosters, his flick pass when a normal pass may have resulted in a try was diabolical. Game changed on that brain snap.
It was definitely dumb, but it isn’t new. Why is Lomax still playing and getting away with that stuff.

Another player in the bin for Dragons. I don’t have the stats, but I imagine the dragons are close to the top of the list in that statistic.

They give away dumb penalties.

It was the same with us when he was here. We made stupid errors at the wrong time of the game and gave away too many penalties. We also drifted in and out of games. Whether it is the players that have been moved on or the system (both to a certain extent on the coach) but we don’t have that any more.

Kilkenny

Coach
All Lomax had to do was execute a normal pass and it is probable they score, assuming Lomax or another player is in support. The Roosters only had Teddy, they were shot, and within minutes they imploded conceding 16 unanswered of which Lomax also played a major role in two of them. All I meant was you can’t hold the coaching staff or Griffin responsible for that five minutes, it was all the players doing Lomax in particular. That failed flick pass turned the game on its head I reckon Lomax gets one in ten of those flick passes right. Unforgivable when a normal pass was such a simple play. Feel sorry for fans.

Kilkenny

Coach
I didn’t see the game but looking at the score line Adam O‘Brien’s job must be in doubt. The Knights are awful. If the Gold Coast get another flogging tonight Justin Holbrook likewise both coaches futures hanging by a thread.

All Lomax had to do was execute a normal pass and it is probable they score, assuming Lomax or another player is in support. The Roosters only had Teddy, they were shot, and within minutes they imploded conceding 16 unanswered of which Lomax also played a major role in two of them. All I meant was you can’t hold the coaching staff or Griffin responsible for that five minutes, it was all the players doing Lomax in particular. That failed flick pass turned the game on its head I reckon Lomax gets one in ten of those flick passes right. Unforgivable when a normal pass was such a simple play. Feel sorry for fans.
Don’t disagree that Lomax had a shocker and was largely responsible for giving the Roosters momentum (through a few different actions) over a few important minutes.

But the point I was trying to make was that it wasn’t a surprise with Lomax. I mean when he got onto the edge there was I was actually expecting the low probability flick. He makes hero plays in defence and seems to give away a few bone-headed penalties. Why does Hook continued to play him? That is on Hook.

Similar thing to what we had with Waqa Blake; could do brilliant things but was more likely to do the dumb play due to a lack of discipline.

And the penalties and the sin bins. Other teams have penalties and sin bins, but it is where and when they give them away. It all indicative of a team that isn’t disciplined, and that was us under Hook.

I feel sorry for the Saints fans as well; there are some dumb players in that team, but I think that seems to be consistent with the culture created.

Kilkenny

Coach
Don’t disagree that Lomax had a shocker and was largely responsible for giving the Roosters momentum (through a few different actions) over a few important minutes.

But the point I was trying to make was that it wasn’t a surprise with Lomax. I mean when he got onto the edge there was I was actually expecting the low probability flick. He makes hero plays in defence and seems to give away a few bone-headed penalties. Why does Hook continued to play him? That is on Hook.

Similar thing to what we had with Waqa Blake; could do brilliant things but was more likely to do the dumb play due to a lack of discipline.

And the penalties and the sin bins. Other teams have penalties and sin bins, but it is where and when they give them away. It all indicative of a team that isn’t disciplined, and that was us under Hook.

I feel sorry for the Saints fans as well; there are some dumb players in that team, but I think that seems to be consistent with the culture created.
My original post was about the five minutes from the failed flick pass and 16 unanswered points that followed.

There is no doubt the Dragons have issues overall, there record against sides above them on the ladder speaks for itself. Those issues are probably issues that are on hook and his coaching staff but sadly for Dragons fans today was probably down to Zac Lomax , not for the first time either.

sadly for Dragons fans today was probably down to Zac Lomax , not for the first time either.
I think we are both coming at this from different ends; we both agree Lomax was horrible today.

I guess my point would be if a player keeps letting you down and the coach keeps picking them, then it’s on the coach.