What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

hindy111

Post Whore
It's butter pill when looking at your own team but courageous to admit the faults. They rely too much on an inconsistent forward pack who can be best in the game or very mid.

Only if dominate possesion. If other side has ball the forward pack is a liability in defense.
Mahoney and Jnr are poor defenders. So is Papali'i

hindy111

Post Whore
Them missing the 8 will be glorious. It is half a chance with their run home

YES. I DID THIS BEFORE LAST NIGHT AND HAD US WINNING. AND BEATING DOGS AND STORM
Canberra I reckon could win 6/7. Now they'd need 5/7 and even if we won 3/6 we are done.

Screenshot_20220718-062545_Chrome.jpg

WestyLife

First Grade
Great line, loved the movie. One of those iconic movie moments worthy of watching over and over again. Might even pull up stumps here and just watch that last ten minutes of a truly great movie.

One of the wife's favourites so it gets watched a few times a year.

snickers007

Juniors
All this chatter about Parra choking sounds very familiar (vs Cowboys in Darwin).
Let's hope history doesn't repeat.

Next week’s game will be Parra’s third straight game at home as well.

We can learn a lot from Brisbane’s dismantling of Parra. Targeting the likes of Mahoney and Gutho for example, plus take Moses out of the equation. No doubt we have the players to pull such measures off.

Would love to see Penrith do a similar job just to shut certain sections of the Parra fan base up who are still crowing about their Round 9 Grand Final win. We could end their season if we’re switched on.

Blues Riff

Bench
Next week’s game will be Parra’s third straight game at home as well.

We can learn a lot from Brisbane’s dismantling of Parra. Targeting the likes of Mahoney and Gutho for example, plus take Moses out of the equation. No doubt we have the players to pull such measures off.

Would love to see Penrith do a similar job just to shut certain sections of the Parra fan base up who are still crowing about their Round 9 Grand Final win. We could end their season if we’re switched on.
Yep I'm getting sick of all the "they beat Penrith" shite.
They played their best game of the year and beat us by 2.
Cleary missed at least 2 goals.

Whino

Bench
History is repeating

The Parramatta fade out usually happens the last 3rd of the season.
2021: Won 12 out of their 1st 15 matches. Then lost the 6 out of the remaining 10 matches.
2020: Won 11 out of 13. Then won only 4 out of the remaining 9 matches.

Munky

Coach
The Parra game was notable for us having a starting second rower going down before the game was won.

During that time we conceded two tries.

Pomoz

Bench
Missing Herbi and Cobbo. Parra full strength and at home.
Sides just go up the middle right at Mahoney small body. Pushed back 5mtrs and a fast play the ball. Him and JNR leave space. As game goes on he becomes more gassed and more exposed. Unsure he is the superstar the Dogs think he is. Maybe I am bias based to him leaving. Jnr tho leave holes in defense also.
Gutho is having the worse year of his career. Wouldn't be in top 10 fullbacks now.
I was watching Mahoney last week as well and I agree, his small body is a liability. He doesn't have the strength and technique of small guys like Langer, Toovey and Api. The other thing to remember is that if you smoke, every year your lung capacity gets worse. Only small increments, but by the end of a 3 year contract, a player's fitness will be reduced if they smoke. I am not sure Mahoney will be the "star the Dog's think he is" either.

hindy111

Post Whore
I was watching Mahoney last week as well and I agree, his small body is a liability. He doesn't have the strength and technique of small guys like Langer, Toovey and Api. The other thing to remember is that if you smoke, every year your lung capacity gets worse. Only small increments, but by the end of a 3 year contract, a player's fitness will be reduced if they smoke. I am not sure Mahoney will be the "star the Dog's think he is" either.

Their hooker JMK has started playing very good footy. At 200k he would of been a smart signing. Mahoney is solid. Is he a 650k player? Doesn't run from dummy half and can be weak in defense as a small body.