What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

Girds89

Bench
No chance, it is not possible to get that impact with a high workload. Look at Latrell at fullback his workload is ordinary but he carves up.

Tago is the only change though.

We have a new left backrower
New hooker to see how the side goes.

You want to have as much stability around them as possible or we hit the rebuild stage and not in the premiership window
Plenty of our players have high impact and high workload..

May and too both bust a shitload of tackles and have hugh workloads.

With how fit we are and have been for 3 years know id say its easily plausible..

All good having that stability... im just saying if they want increases than no. If we werent going to increase our offers for api and kiks with no real replacement than no way we give them a raise..

Kilkenny

Coach
Plenty of our players have high impact and high workload..

May and too both bust a shitload of tackles and have hugh workloads.

With how fit we are and have been for 3 years know id say its easily plausible..

All good having that stability... im just saying if they want increases than no. If we werent going to increase our offers for api and kiks with no real replacement than no way we give them a raise..
It is very apparent now, our powers that be, haven’t done a great job.

It was very convenient to lay blame at the feet of Gus for certain issues but as it stands post Gould we haven’t done so well.

We should have been in a position to retain both Api and Viliame.

CCJohnC

Juniors

It was very convenient to lay blame at the feet of Gus for certain issues but as it stands post Gould we haven’t done so well.

Come on you know the reason Api and Kikau went they wanted longer deals more than we were prepared to give them.

We have the player considered by many to be the best in the game and a 5 year SOO halfback (@25) signed up for a number of years.
NSWs other half for the next two years.
A lock who has helped evolve the way the game is played. Signed for at least two years. A kiwi test front rower. Signed for a number of years (love fish, but I’d argue too many).
Signed a no frills fullback that many have claimed is the best value in the league.
we have a track record of replacing our stars with lesser known players and the team hardly misses a beat.

I get how good Api and Kiks have been this year; it is tempting to pay for that. And if it was just a one year deal I would argue we can stretch a bit. But Api is a hooker whose key values are leading our line speed and tackling effectively, before then distributions (a skill that requires significant stamina) and Kikau is a huge lump, and while he is more skilful than most second rowers his key advantage is his speed and availing at his size (that relies on his athleticism).

I can understand the club not wanting to sign multi-year contracts with both players. It might turn out to be the wrong decision (ultimately, with the benefit of hindsight) but it seems like a risk that a club in our position does not need to take.

Probably time to get over it.

Iamback

Coach
oeIt is very apparent now, our powers that be, haven’t done a great job.

I know you love Gus but the two are apples and Oranges

We won the comp, At the very least have backed that up with winning the minor premiership.

We are 2 months out from the next season and have no Salary cap locked in, Have a 21 year old Origin centre off contract. money had to be cut somewhere

Murraymob1

Juniors
Top 4 starting to work itself out .wins by cowboys and storm tonight nearly books there spots .
Storm on fire at the moment but poor defence from broncos helping that

Girds89

Bench
Storm are the real deal right now..

Anyone that thinks we are above them are kidding...

They are hitting form at the right time..

The Realist

Juniors
Yep Storm look extremely scary again. If we had Cleary and Luai in form I'd be reasonably confident we could take them but with them being on ice ATM you'd have to say the Storm are now favourites.

Iamback

Coach
We had a hard run but can rest guys

Storm have a brutal run home, That hurts teams mentally then anything. Especially if they end up with a trip to Townsville week 1.

In fact all except Sharks have had bad runs home

Pomoz

Bench
I think we are above them. Last week was a much closer game than the score line indicated; we only needed the bounce of the ball to go our way a few times and it’s a real dog fight.
And BTW, we had five players missing. JFH, Luai, Cleary, May and Edwards. Then Martin went off and we were six regular players down. Against a team that is the most dominant for the last ten years, you are always going to struggle.

Iamback

Coach
I think we are above them. Last week was a much closer game than the score line indicated; we only needed the bounce of the ball to go our way a few times and it’s a real dog fight.

Yeah the way we dominated field position and territory in that 2nd half, tells us all we need to know about the pecking order

Fangs

Coach
I'd like to see the Raiders actually put some points on tomorrow to make the final rounds a bit interesting. They are a slight hope to make the 8 this year. If they want to they can put as many as they want on the Knights who have officially given up on 2022.

Iamback

Coach
I'd like to see the Raiders actually put some points on tomorrow to make the final rounds a bit interesting. They are a slight hope to make the 8 this year. If they want to they can put as many as they want on the Knights who have officially given up on 2022.

I'd would put the pressure on the loser of Brisbane v Parra next week for sure