What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

Chins get the wins

First Grade
They lost by one try and the broncs had 3 players sin binned.... seriously that is not a smashing...

That was in rd11... theyve come along way since than. Plus as jane said. Origin will help their guys..

On their day if they get it right they will be extremely hard to stop.. their pack is brilliant and they have blokes that can sting you across the park..
They aren't ready for us in a finals game

Girds89

Bench
The Storm were paying like $5 on that day.

Yes they can but still have guys who are rookies making rookie errors, something we don't have.

That is the thing that will go against Warriors and Broncos when they come to us, Storm, Souths and even Cowboys.

All those side match up reasonably well but tactics and big game pressure
Mate the broncs destroyed the cows last week..

They arent even in the same league.

Well see but i think broncs can go all the way this year..

A little like the parra run of the back of hayne in 09. I think they could do something like that off the back of walsh. He is that good.

Iamback

Coach
Mate the broncs destroyed the cows last week..

They arent even in the same league.

Well see but i think broncs can go all the way this year..

A little like the parra run of the back of hayne in 09. I think they could do something like that off the back of walsh. He is that good.

On a dry open surface yes.

Finals have a short 10m. Slow play the balls and Accor is a slippery surface.

The Broncs have played all but a handful of games in QLD, not sure they can play the grinding game needed.

Very much Sharks last year or Manly 2021 vibes about them

Girds89

Bench
On what metric?

Both sides missed the final in the previous year

All had a dream draw

The fact that sharks couldnt beat a top 4 team all year... in fact they pretty much just beat bottom 8 sides and sucked against the top 8.

Manly not much better.. they were both flat track bunnies...

Broncs on the other hand can go toe to toe with anyone in the comp and have beat basically everyone.

The broncs also have walsh who is 10x the player of anyone in the sharks side..

Imo hes already as good as turbo was..

Thrown in the fact that the broncs have way more strike power across the park than either of those two sides from 2021 and 22... theres the metric.

We wont know how good they are in a tight 80min contest till someone pushes them for 80... no one has really got close this year when theyve been at full strength and their best footy.

Other than the souths game this year when they were missing haas and ezra theyve been in the contest in all the tight games theyve lost...

That says to me they are a different footy team than previous years. They arent giving in easy tries when they are behind or down and they are staying in the fight...

The fact that most the only team to put 30 or more on them all year was souths... who we all know on their day are probably the most lethal attack in the comp when cody and latrell are firing..

They are a much different footy team this year that is evident in the results and the quality of footy they have served up..

Comparing them to the sharks who couldnt come close to a top 4 side last year is nuts..

They will take some stopping this year..

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The fact that sharks couldnt beat a top 4 team all year... in fact they pretty much just beat bottom 8 sides and sucked against the top 8.

Broncs on the other hand can go toe to toe with anyone in the comp and have beat basically everyone.

Thrown in the fact that the broncs have way more strike power across the park than either of those two sides from 2021 and 22... theres the metric.

We wont know how good they are in a tight 80min contest till someone pushes them for 80... no one has really got close this year when theyve been at full strength and their best footy.

Other than the souths game this year when they were missing haas and ezra theyve been in the contest in all the tight games theyve lost...

That says to me they are a different footy team than previous years. They arent giving in easy tries when they are behind or down and they are staying in the fight...

The fact that most the only team to put 30 or more on them all year was souths... who we all know on their day are probably the most lethal attack in the comp when cody and latrell are firing..

They are a much different footy team this year that is evident in the results and the quality of footy they have served up..

Comparing them to the sharks who couldnt come close to a top 4 side last year is nuts..

He's fantastic but he's not what peak Turbo was........yet

Iamback

Coach
Peak Turbo is better than Brisbane

Gotta see them win in the Southern States.

They played as the away team

V Manly at Suncorp
V Souffs at Sunshine Coast
V Parra in Darwin

The games they played down here

V us was Pouring rain in Round 1, toss of the coin when it is like that

lost to Melbourne in Melbourne

played dogs on a Sunday arvo

Played Warriors Sat arvo

So next week in Canberra we will see how they handle the greasy conditions

If finals were played in dry conditions they'd be favourites but finals aren't like that

Fangs

Coach
Defence wins comps

And they are very good defensively. Evenly matched with the Warriors/Storm on points conceded. Walsh is also doing a lot defensively behind the line so he is very important to them in many ways.

It's probably the fact we are so far ahead in this area. Long way in fact.

Girds89

Bench
Gotta see them win in the Southern States.

They played as the away team

V Manly at Suncorp
V Souffs at Sunshine Coast
V Parra in Darwin

The games they played down here

V us was Pouring rain in Round 1, toss of the coin when it is like that

lost to Melbourne in Melbourne

played dogs on a Sunday arvo

Played Warriors Sat arvo

So next week in Canberra we will see how they handle the greasy conditions

If finals were played in dry conditions they'd be favourites but finals aren't like that

They beat us without walsh in rd1..

But my point is they are building nicely...

You can come up with whatever stats you wamt but the fact is walsh can destroy any team..

Id go as far as saying if he hadnt played origin 1 or 2 nsw win the series... he is just so hard to handle and stop...

Unlike turbo he also has an elite level ball playing and kicking game. He has cody walkers skills with the best running game in the comp...

Turbo is an above avg ball player like teddy but hes certainly nowhere near walsh..

Youd be silly to write them off... They will be thereabouts come gf day.

Get a dry track and they will be exceptionally hard to beat.

Girds89

Bench
Broncos are pretty to watch, but we have the game to pressure Walsh into making errors. Carving up the Eels or us is a very different proposition

I dont think our attack is even close to theirs atm.

Defensively we would make it much harder for them no doubt..

But walsh isnt the kinda guy you can stop...

You can limit him.... great players like him find a way to have input and get involved.. if we can limit his involvements i think that makes a big difference..

One thing i noticed watching them closely and also watching him carve up nsw...

He loves to play off the backwards sliding defence...

If you give him that time and space by sliding backwards he will carve you up...

I think youd be better off jamming up hard from the edges on him and having the inside guys slide hard to cover any over laps if they cut him out.

It would throw them off their game.

Similar to what qld did in game one against cleary this year and last origin... the jammed up hard on cleary and took his time and space away and the inside men slid hard to cover any overlaps... it really worked for qld.. i think we could use this ploy to shut down walsh.. not only that but i think kevvie wont expect it.

We generally arent a team that defends like that but id back luai and soro and martin and nath to slide hard and cover the outside man if they jam up on walsh... teams that dont have our conviction and attitude and fitness couldnt do it in defence but we could.

Latest posts