What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

soc123_au

Staff member
I dont think our attack is even close to theirs atm.

Defensively we would make it much harder for them no doubt..

But walsh isnt the kinda guy you can stop...

You can limit him.... great players like him find a way to have input and get involved.. if we can limit his involvements i think that makes a big difference..

One thing i noticed watching them closely and also watching him carve up nsw...

He loves to play off the backwards sliding defence...

If you give him that time and space by sliding backwards he will carve you up...

I think youd be better off jamming up hard from the edges on him and having the inside guys slide hard to cover any over laps if they cut him out.

It would throw them off their game.

Similar to what qld did in game one against cleary this year and last origin... the jammed up hard on cleary and took his time and space away and the inside men slid hard to cover any overlaps... it really worked for qld.. i think we could use this ploy to shut down walsh.. not only that but i think kevvie wont expect it.

We generally arent a team that defends like that but id back luai and soro and martin and nath to slide hard and cover the outside man if they jam up on walsh... teams that dont have our conviction and attitude and fitness couldnt do it in defence but we could.
We’ve taken Turbo out of the equation every time we have played him. Walsh isn’t at that level yet. In a year or 2 who knows, but right now we have it covered

soc123_au

Staff member
I think they can beat anyone.

They are an extremely talented team.

Our experience will count but they have 3 or 4 times the x factor we do.

Walsh is a freak.

I think he has the game to be the best fb of all time. He has billys running game with lockys playmaking.
And the errors of Ben Pomeroy. If he sorts that you might be right

Iamback

Coach
We’ve taken Turbo out of the equation every time we have played him. Walsh isn’t at that level yet. In a year or 2 who knows, but right now we have it covered

They are certainly on the way up but a year or 2 away from that level

Girds89

Bench

Hes a different style of fb to turbo..

For his age what he is doing is freaky..

I think maybe prime turbo is better only due to minimal errors.. if walsh can get those out of his game he will be tracking to pass billy in 3 or 4 years

soc123_au

Staff member
Hes a different style of fb to turbo..

For his age what he is doing is freaky..

I think maybe prime turbo is better only due to minimal errors.. if walsh can get those out of his game he will be tracking to pass billy in 3 or 4 years
The errors are holding him back right now. He is going to be something pretty special though. Freakishly skillful

Girds89

Bench
The errors are holding him back right now. He is going to be something pretty special though. Freakishly skillful

I think its important to note that a lot of his errors are just from trying to hard in attack.. going for a miracle play..

He is very safe under the high ball etc...

His mistakes are normally in the attacking half... and i mean he has 54 lb and lba this year...

Hes their key attacking threat... its not like he does dumb shit coming out of trouble

Munky

Coach
Broncos are at the same stage as the 2020 Panthers

Yet to be schooled by a champion team in the finals.

age.s

First Grade
Theres a long list of flashy, skillful players who've carved up also ran teams in regular season before looking a completely different player coming up against us. Walker, Latrell, Moses, Turbo, Teddy, Munster, Ponga and even Walsh to name a few. You can't use mid season games against an flailing Eels to judge what things are going to be like in late September.

We'll have to take Walsh seriously, but we should have him covered if history is anything to go by.

People call Luai arrogant? I think Luai will be holding Farmworths beer after his antics during last night game. Interesting though, not much has been said in the media?

Girds89

Bench
Theres a long list of flashy, skillful players who've carved up also ran teams in regular season before looking a completely different player coming up against us. Walker, Latrell, Moses, Turbo, Teddy, Munster, Ponga and even Walsh to name a few. You can't use mid season games against an flailing Eels to judge what things are going to be like in late September.

We'll have to take Walsh seriously, but we should have him covered if history is anything to go by.

Just looking at the match ups... i think without being bias they stack up pretty good against us.

We obviously have a lot of big game experience but..

Walsh vs edwards- very close... walsh wins in attack but edwards probs just has him due to workload and defence especially in a tight finals game

Cobbo vs too- too has him but cobbo has a bit of inglis x factor about him

Critta vs staggs- critta has him for his defence and big game experience.. staggs is capable of some clutch plays tho

Herbie vs tago- pretty even that.. farnworth has been in brilliant form all year... tago has come on real strong the back half but will be coming back from injury.

Tito vs oates (if hes back)- tito much safer and a meater eater... but his lack of height could be an issue.

Luai vs mam- pretty even

Cleary vs reynolds- if cleary kicks his best he has him covered... but his kicking game is nowhere near as consistant as reynolds. Nath has him covered for running... but hes at his best when his kicking is on song... he feeds off it.

Fish vs haas- pretty even

Kenny vs walters- kenny has him covered in d but walters is crafty in attack

Leota vs flegler- pretty even. Fleglers come on leaps and bounds this year... moses at his best wins

Soro vs capewell- pretty even.. probs soro on form this year.

Riki vs martin- marto everyday kf the week..

Carrigan vs yeo- trying to be as non biased as possible this is bloody close... carrigan has gone to another level this year.. they are slightly different styles bit they are both elite and world class

I think spencer and smith on the bench is where we can get them... spencer needs to come back and give it his all.. he could be the difference..

Anyway my point is theres no much between us in terms of quality...

We have the big game experience and that definitely counts for a lot..

Anyway... got to get to the big dance first... anything can happen before than

Girds89

Bench
Souths and StG/Illawarra has to be the worst game of the year!
Souths off side was a pathetic piece of bunker/referee work.
100% proba the worst bunker call ive ever seen.

No wonder why fans are feed up...

I mean that had to be the easiest bunker decision to make yet the butchered it..

Girds89

Bench
They look ready to go and Walsh is the best player in the game on form right now. We certainly don't. Lots of little moments with errors, penalties or defensive lapses randomly.

Other than the random definsive lapses pretty spot on..

Girds89

Bench
Daine laurie showing his quality...

Always thought he was the better of him and staines..

Different styles of players but hes a goer..

He will kill it again in our system

Latest posts