What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other NRL Games

giboz71

First Grade
Feldt’s attempted tackle on Jennings was a disgrace.

Gotta wonder what’s going on at the Cows. It’s like no one gives a shit it’s JT’s last year. What’s Green doing?

I’d expect Mary to drop any one who tanks it like that. Sure it’s what he did with Luc after the 1st Souths game.

TruSaint

Referee
Posted elsewhere that tackle was / is indicative of where the Cows are at the minute.

Seriously need re-building. That game was theirs for the taking, albeit they may have had a few calls go against them, but the tackle ( or lack there of ), you mention is a prime example of why they will compete for the spoon.

Gotta wonder what’s going on at the Cows. It’s like no one gives a shit it’s JT’s last year. What’s Green doing?

I’d expect Mary to drop any one who tanks it like that. Sure it’s what he did with Luc after the 1st Souths game.

Felt was terrible all day, what about his lazy kick return and dropped ball, he looked like he didn't want to be there.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

I think half the problem is that JT continued to play this year.
Obviously, there must be discontent at the club.
Things just don't happen for no reason.
The sooner JT has a year off and then comes back as an assistant of sorts, the better.

Green has proved that your only as good as the cattle you have when they're peaking.
Nows he's sliding back down the hill without brakes.
Another year or so, he'll bottom out and have to start again.

Everything goes in circles.

I think half the problem is that JT continued to play this year.
Obviously, there must be discontent at the club.
Things just don't happen for no reason.
The sooner JT has a year off and then comes back as an assistant of sorts, the better.

Green has proved that your only as good as the cattle you have when they're peaking.
Nows he's sliding back down the hill without brakes.
Another year or so, he'll bottom out and have to start again.

Everything goes in circles.

Did any one else just sing "the circle of life" from the Lion King in their head just then?
........just me then?

Frank Facer

First Grade

I agree that Feldt's attempted tackle was pathetic. I would be dirty on myself if I missed that tackle.

Brutalitops

Juniors
JT is absolutely not the problem at the Cows. He is one of two or three who are threatening to win them games, hell he's almost at the top of try assists for the entire NRL

The problem is their forwards have completely regressed this year, Michael Morgan crashed down to earth after an amazing 2017, Te Marie Martin is just not offering much, and Lachlan Coote is playing as bad as I've ever seen him play

Is JT at his best? No way, but JT is the GOAT, and a GOAT below their best is still a good player. Without him, the Cows would have been far worse off this year

ouryears

Bench
I really hope this round puts our Eels performance in perspective for some here. Every single top 4 teams has struggled against lower placed teams, so far we are the only ones to still come away with a win. Souths still have a lot of time though but enough time has passed to say they are struggling.
What are you on?
Broncos beat raiders.
Souths beat Cowboys
We beat Parramatta

We weren't the only ones to come away with a win.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes you have to feel for Thurston the bloke threw everything in today match including the kitchen sink - still once again the rabbits came away with the points through sheer persistence . The teams that WILL be in the top echelon at competitions end have each grounded out wins the hard way this weekend .

The Dragons need to continue to do what they done on Thursday - not to give up , as the Storm did on Friday and Souths today and that is to continue to give each game their all right to the bitter end and if deserving enough a win shall come their way , even if it's by the solitary point .

Last edited:

Was talk of Feldt being a possible Maroon for game three in some quarters... think there would be a big red biro line through him now.

Brutalitops

Juniors
What are you on?
Broncos beat raiders.
Souths beat Cowboys
We beat Parramatta

We weren't the only ones to come away with a win.
Reading comprehension mate. I said Top 4, and also wrote that post while Souths game was in progress, but they struggled for much of the game, as we did against Eels, and came away with the biscuits.

Broncos aren't a Top 4 team so I'm not sure why that's even relevant to my comment, but hell, they struggled too

Rep round wrecking havoc on a lot of teams

Drag Queen

Bench
Yes you have to feel for Thurston the bloke threw everything in today including the kitchen sink - still once again the rabbits came away with the points through sheer persistence . The teams that WILL be in the top echelon at competition end have each grounded out wins the hard way . Dragons need to follow Souths lead and continue to give each game their all and they will also win more then they lose , even if it's by the solitary point .
Exactly. Only need to look at the Storm/Roosters game with those few field goal attempts. That solitary point made the difference in that smash and bash spectacle. All and all, it's been an interesting week of footy.