What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other NRL Games

FlameThrower

Bench
A quick summary as of now...
Souths & Panthers looking sharp.
Sharks don’t they have any juniors
Manly & Parra & Bulldogs are woeful
Knights Raiders Titans hot and cold
Tigers (and Us) have hit a wall
Cowboys still on struggle street
Warriors dark horse
Roosters will come good
Storm will be there
Broncos lots of distractions up there
Meanwhile us Dragons need to get back on the horse and win next few games. Origin may help or hinder our season IMO..

Coffs dragon

Bench
And all this from a "Rookie" coach!

Now replace McGregor with a "rookie"? most on here would vomit violently at the thought. However, the term rookie is only applies to the background, training and personal development of that person.
Brown, Price and McGregor did not have the proper background, training or development to be appointed as a first grade coach. More of an Aldi fix than anything, cheap and bled red and white.
Every coach has been a rookie at some point including Bennett and Bellamy.
Yes, rookies fail, there has been plenty in all facets of sport. But many go on to become greats, because they have the background, training and development. Sir Alex Ferguson, the great MU manager, could only get his team to 11th place twice in his first 3 years in charge, but has gone on to be regarded as one of the greatest soccer manages ever.
McGregor on the other hand is in his 5th year with 1 finals appearance (by good luck than good management). Holds the dubious honour of achieving unwanted records for our club. Yet he is regarded as a "career coach", based on what exactly?
As far as us appointing another rookie, I wouldn't object to it, as long as the criteria I mentioned above is met ie: background, training and development.
The only one who would fit that bill right now would be Jason Demetriou and I would sign him tomorrow without hesitation.
But we all know that is not going to happen!
So very true Dragonslayer and I agree. Why does our club continue to believe that our coaching staff must have links to the club in their past playing days as old boys.
Surely it's more important they have links with success & the ability to develop players skills. History shows that most of the successful Rookie coaches seem to come from a background having served apprenticeships under the "Master Coaches" systems. I.e. Warren Ryan, Tim Sheens, Craig Bellamy, Phil Gould,
So, we are stuck with Mary whom learnt off the great....Steve Price, before he was sacked. I feel his coaching education is centred around how to avoid the sack!

giboz71

First Grade
We have used the same starting 13 players for 12 rounds and this is supposedly an advantage.

Teams like Souths and Penrith have had to use most of their squad to cover for injuries and other issues and this keeps their squad fresh.

Souths have plenty of rookies in their side - Graham, Murray, Douehi, Burns. Penrith are the same and they can rotate their players.

There might be something in that, let’s use our extended squad more so our starters don’t look so busted every week.

Bench
If we don't learn from our history we are bound to repeat it.
Don't know who said that but it could be true for us.
We are up there with other performing clubs but we need a coach who can take us up to the next level.
Mary is not that person.

The one thing to consider is that we were playing great but have gone cold .
We will pick up again.
The Bunnies are starting to peak so they may go cold before the finals.
It’s very hard to ‘peak’all year long.

Luckily for them, they have a rabbit emblem and not a duck, otherwise, with the way they are playing lately, they would be called, Peking Duck!

Sorry, l’ll get my coat ......

May Premiers again, when do we get our trophy, I missed last years presentation.

We have used the same starting 13 players for 12 rounds and this is supposedly an advantage.

Teams like Souths and Penrith have had to use most of their squad to cover for injuries and other issues and this keeps their squad fresh.

Souths have plenty of rookies in their side - Graham, Murray, Douehi, Burns. Penrith are the same and they can rotate their players.

There might be something in that, let’s use our extended squad more so our starters don’t look so busted every week.

Ha, your "thinking" see the mistake you made there, Mary dosnt, why should you?

Crush

Coach
A quick summary as of now...
Souths & Panthers looking sharp.
Sharks don’t they have any juniors
Manly & Parra & Bulldogs are woeful
Knights Raiders Titans hot and cold
Tigers (and Us) have hit a wall
Cowboys still on struggle street
Warriors dark horse
Roosters will come good
Storm will be there
Broncos lots of distractions up there
Meanwhile us Dragons need to get back on the horse and win next few games. Origin may help or hinder our season IMO..
Souths look really good.
I originally thought Roosters or Storm would be dragons opponent in the grand final but now I'm thinking it could be Rabbits who are 2018 runners up.

ouryears

Bench
Souths look really good.
I originally thought Roosters or Storm would be dragons opponent in the grand final but now I'm thinking it could be Rabbits who are 2018 runners up.
Maybe.....in our dreams.
But I hope you are right Crush, I can't nominate mine till around end of June.

At this stage, Rabbits VS Panthers GF

rednwhites

Juniors
I suppose the competition is a form rollercoaster and it seems there are no certainties, even the storm. Right now it would be a Panthers/Souths GF based on form but give it a few weeks and who knows. I am not particularly confident that we can match some of these teams at their best but I think, with a favourable draw, we will be able to remain in the top 4 for some time to come.

Crush

Coach
I AM confident that if we are playing to our potential we can beat anyone.
That is, playing through the middle, offloads, playing what is in front of us, Hunt and Widdop firing.
Lets see how we come through the next month, I reckon we may surprise the majority of the forum and bounce back to our early form.

hazzbeen

Bench
I AM confident that if we are playing to our potential we can beat anyone.
That is, playing through the middle, offloads, playing what is in front of us, Hunt and Widdop firing.
Lets see how we come through the next month, I reckon we may surprise the majority of the forum and bounce back to our early form.
Crush hope your right , prove me wrong and I will be the first to but my hand up and say you were right . I can't see it happening teams are improving as the season gets to the pointy end I don't think we can play any better than our early form . love to put my hand up and say you were right .....

Crush

Coach
Crush hope your right , prove me wrong and I will be the first to but my hand up and say you were right . I can't see it happening teams are improving as the season gets to the pointy end I don't think we can play any better than our early form . love to put my hand up and say you were right .....
As long as our spine stays fit we are going to be in this comp.
We have a few easier games coming up (although there are no easy games) after a really tough run. Mate we have played all the top teams and come through with a 9/3 ratio and 2nd on the competition ladder.
We can win this comp.
Its too early to give up and focus on sacking anyone and everyone. Wait another month before you join the negative pricks that find negatives in every positive.
Don't buy into the rubbish that doomsdayers post.
We are looking very good still.

hazzbeen

Bench
We have a few easier games coming up (although there are no easy games) after a really tough run. Mate we have played all the top teams and come through with a 9/3 ratio and 2nd on the competition ladder.
We can win this comp.
Its too early to give up and focus on sacking anyone and everyone. Wait another month before you join the negative pricks that find negatives in every positive.
We are in a great position to go on with it , to be honest I don't feel safe with Mary coaching we have had too many downs . Not negative just cautious ...

Crush

Coach
We are in a great position to go on with it , to be honest I don't feel safe with Mary coaching we have had too many downs . Not negative just cautious ...
Never had a roster this exciting though Hazz. We have 6 players in Origin.
In the past few years we have had 2

ouryears

Bench
We can win this comp.

Other people's opinions aren't rubbish crush, no more or no less than your opinion is.

Sounding a bit arrogant there mate. Stay away from that Mary fever.

Calling people 'negative' , 'pricks' .....that is Mary esque.

Not many people are overly negative, most forum members are quite balanced.

Our form recently, beaten easily by Soufs and Penrith, plus Mary's inability to play the bench correctly.... as well as playing injured players, is good reason for concern.

I remain positive for a top 4.

But... it could swing the other way.

If we do not make the top 4 and win our semi finals, again I say, SACK MARY.

This is his hour. Cometh the hour cometh the man.

Let's see.....
Without the arrogance.

Crush

Coach
Other people's opinions aren't rubbish crush, no more or no less than your opinion is.

Sounding a bit arrogant there mate. Stay away from that Mary fever.

Calling people 'negative' , 'pricks' .....that is Mary esque.

Not many people are overly negative, most forum members are quite balanced.

Our form recently, beaten easily by Soufs and Penrith, plus Mary's inability to play the bench correctly.... as well as playing injured players, is good reason for concern.

I remain positive for a top 4.

But... it could swing the other way.

If we do not make the top 4 and win our semi finals, again I say, SACK MARY.

This is his hour. Cometh the hour cometh the man.

Let's see.....
Without the arrogance.
"Not many people are overly negative, most forum members are quite balanced"
:):):):):):):):)
Thats a good one!!!!

Old Timer

Coach
How bad is the refereeing tonight
Forward passes galore including tries coming from them, too freightened to use the bin (the shoulder charge far worse than Napa), the Watson clothes line no penalty and that dick head Greenburg wants people to talk the game up.

Old Timer

Coach
"Not many people are overly negative, most forum members are quite balanced"
:):):):):):):):)
Thats a good one!!!!
Yes we have to laugh such pearls of wisdom from one of the great sledgers of the forum.
The place is so balanced he’s got a heap on ignore and now giving you advice lol