What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other NRL Games

hewi

Bench
Absolutely it is, at its best.
It's just a personal preference you know, you don't have to agree with it?
Don't be that pesty guy that has a crack at everything he doesn't agree with.
Just saying......

For it to be a better game it needs less players on the field, maybe 13, less penalties and get rid of the 2 minute scrums and lineouts following a penalty for another 2 minutes lost. Hang on isn’t that league then?

Crush

Coach
For it to be a better game it needs less players on the field, maybe 13, less penalties and get rid of the 2 minute scrums and lineouts following a penalty for another 2 minutes lost. Hang on isn’t that league then?
Haha very funny.
I watch a lot of league and love it obviously. It's my winter sport of choice. But it is refreshing to watch Rugby Internationals sometimes when they are really good.
No out the back block plays, less structure, open running. Its also refreshing watching a ref just blow his whistle when he deems it to be a try.
Not like our refs "Ive got try but can you just check the on side, check there was no obstruction, check the grounding and just check that there wasnt a foot on the touchline" Every time a try is scored which then takes 5 minutes to check....

ouryears

Bench
COWBOYS seem to be shot ducks.
Can't do the basics right. Errors galore.
Solid playing roster though. This doesn't reflect very well on Green does it?
Sack the coach?
Can't believe they just re signed him. Could very well be another Madge.

As Jack Gibson said, coaches should move on after 3 yrs.

Bellamy will come under the same pressure if he stays in Melbourne with Cronk gone, and Smith and Slater retiring soon.

He will be no different to what the QLD SOO team suffer without them.

So yes, sack Green.

ouryears

Bench
Agreed, it wasn't a great game.
Crush, I have watched around 200 games of rugby in my life and I have enjoyed around 10.

All blacks at their best vs Aust at their best when they had Horan, Campese, Smith, etc.

Other than 10 games, it's been crap.

Defence standing at 1 metre at the breakdown, 3 and 4 attempts to pack a scrum, run the ball then it breaks down with the defence again at 1 metre.

AFL, League, Soccer, Cricket and Netball all out rank it now in Australia.

It's dead. Other than the occassional international.
It's well documented that it's on its last legs.

And it's boring enough to deserve it's death.

Crush

Coach
Crush, I have watched around 200 games of rugby in my life and I have enjoyed around 10.

All blacks at their best vs Aust at their best when they had Horan, Campese, Smith, etc.

Other than 10 games, it's been crap.

Defence standing at 1 metre at the breakdown, 3 and 4 attempts to pack a scrum, run the ball then it breaks down with the defence again at 1 metre.

AFL, League, Soccer, Cricket and Netball all out rank it now in Australia.

It's dead. Other than the occassional international.
It's well documented that it's on its last legs.

And it's boring enough to deserve it's death.
I agree with some of that.
But my original opinion still stands and that is for personally when Rugby Union at its absolute best is a better game than Rugby League. Its amazingly tense. The world cup in 2003 was one of the best sporting spectacles Ive seen. The intensity in that final, wow!
And beating the all blacks in the semi when nobody gave us a chance, wow!
Great memories for me.
Its a shame these days its on a downward spiral, I really hope it comes back out the other side.

I agree with some of that.
But my original opinion still stands and that is for personally when Rugby Union at its absolute best is a better game than Rugby League. Its amazingly tense. The world cup in 2003 was one of the best sporting spectacles Ive seen. The intensity in that final, wow!
And beating the all blacks in the semi when nobody gave us a chance, wow!
Great memories for me.
Its a shame these days its on a downward spiral, I really hope it comes back out the other side.

I'm a league man through and through. I used to watch union a lot, wallabies tests etc until about ten years ago and simply lost interest. But I can appreciate a great game of Rugby - I visit family and friends in NZ often - and the Rugby they play there at club and grassroots level is phenomenal to watch..
Its all about attack attack attack, ball movement with tactical kicks and it really is brilliant to see, it flows all around the field. Sadly for Rugby it doesn't seem to be that way at the highest level.. Apart from the AllBlacks of course. Different world over there.

Much like boxing, the best fights to watch aren't necessary the best fighters (who often can cancel each other out in a dull contest, and can fight "not to lose"), its the fighters who really give it everything to knock their opponent out with all-out attack attack attack.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Jeez this Latrell Mitchell injury is not easy viewing, the poor kid.

If this is as bad as it looks, Aitken is playing Origin. But I hope it's not serious

I’d say cotric is ahead of Aitken. Turbo to centre, Cotric on the wing. If there is a second injury then Aitken comes in

Brutalitops

Juniors
What an exciting comp this year is. 15 rounds in an the entire Top 4 is on 22 points (only we are yet to play out of them)

I feel like any top 12 team could knock over any other team on their day.

Look at the Eels leading Souths for a period last week even though they got blown away in the end. Raiders probably deserved to best Panthers. Manly smashed Storm a few weeks back.

Love the footy

MilanDragon

Juniors
Panthers lost, wait got smashed by a team outside the top 4. Does that mean their season is over??

Or does it just simply mean their hot run is finished, they’ll battle through another slump before coming good? - could be similar timing to the dragons, which would mean they’ll be hot come finals

Roosters are making their run now too, wouldn’t want to play them in the next 4-6 weeks.. then they’ll come over their peak too for a little slump.

ouryears

Bench
Panthers lost, wait got smashed by a team outside the top 4. Does that mean their season is over??

Or does it just simply mean their hot run is finished, they’ll battle through another slump before coming good? - could be similar timing to the dragons, which would mean they’ll be hot come finals

Roosters are making their run now too, wouldn’t want to play them in the next 4-6 weeks.. then they’ll come over their peak too for a little slump.
They played a team missing around 6 of their best players plus they lost RCG.

Wonder how the roosters would go if you took 7 players out.

RoRters won't do anything much. But then again, nor will we.

The Damo

Juniors
They played a team missing around 6 of their best players plus they lost RCG.

Wonder how the roosters would go if you took 7 players out.

RoRters won't do anything much. But then again, nor will we.
6 best players missing? Care to name them, I’ll get you started- Mansour, Edwards, and...

Latest posts