What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OTHER THAN YOUR TEAMS WHICH COACH WOULD U WANT?

Which coach would you most want at your club

• Michael Hagan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brian Smith

• Stuart Raper

• Matt Elliott

• Nathan Brown

• Tim Sheens

• Craig Bellamy

• Graham Murray

• John Lang

• Wayne Bennett

• Ricky Stuart

• Steve Folkes

• Total voters

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Not including your own clubs coach, thats if indeed you like your clubs coach, which other coach from the NRL would you most like to see coaching your team? I have included Daniel Andersen instead of Tony Kemp for you must have severe mental issues if you wanted him at your teams club. Also Katinas-McCrae.
And why would you want them at your club if your current coach wasn't in the picture. My vote would have to be Graham Murray for the way he has achieved the unthinkable.

eastsrule

Bench
You made two polls.

Graham Murray done the unthinkable? I wouldn't be so sure. Many experts predicted the Cowboys to shock people this season.

Steve Folkes has done the unthinkable, something only he, Phil Gould, Wayne Bennet or Ricky Stuart could have done. Put every off field drama aside and made a team that has every single chance of winning the competition.

hrundi99

First Grade
Easy.

Ricky in a return home and all is forgiven effort.

It'll never happen though.

If Stuart can elevate Finch to one of the best halfbacks in the game imagine what he could do with McLinden and Carney.

xSirapNotlihx

Juniors
You can not go past Ricky Stuart from the Bondiville Roosters. This is a man who has done it all in the past 3 seasons and in 2005 is going to be the NSW coach in the toughest arena of them all.

Look at this enviable record:

79 Games, Won 57, Lost 21, Drawn 1, Winning % 72.2.

1 Premiership in 2002 (1st year), 2 Grand Finals 2002-03, 1 Minor Premiership 2004 and is 3 from 3 when we talk about taking his team to the finals.

There will be calls that he inherited a pretty good team, this in part is true. Keep in mind though, in 2001 (Graham Murray) the Roosters record was 13 wins, 12 losses coming in 6th with a defensive record 3 worst amongst the top 8 (589pts allowed). Stuart brought a whole new defensive scheme that has seen there defence lauded as the best in the business, some say perhaps the best ever:

2002 405pts against
2003 445pts against
2004 368pts against

Ricky Stuart in time will be mentioned with the modern day greats, in time hopefully we will see him surpass his mentor in Phil Gould when talk about the best coach's of all time, especially in the Origin arena.

In a nutshell, Ricky Stuart secures my vote outside the Great Wayne Bennett.

McLovin

Staff member
I would love to see Johnny Lang back at the Sharks. He had a team that had the potential to go all the way a few years ago. Now we are rabble in a footy jersey. I expect big things next year from the guys in the Shire...

Johns Magic

Referee
Sheens. Every club he goes to has benefitted from his presence.

Stuart has the cattle, so I won't comment on him, however I think he is a great coach.

Kasper

Bench
Johns Magic said:
Sheens. Every club he goes to has benefitted from his presence.
The Sheens era at the Cowboys is the darkest time in the history of the club. I don't doubt he is a quality football coach but what you said is incorrect.

Kris_man

Bench
Ricky Stuart or Wayne Bennett coach us, and within a year we'd be in the grand final. and we'd probably win it too.

who the hell voted for Matt elliott???

nqboy

First Grade
No doubt for me. Benny makes great men as well as great footballers. But we're happy with Muzz.

Honourable mention to Bellamy and Folkes but I just can't cop the arrogance of Stuart, despite his success.