What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Back Row

natheel

Coach
The original question in the thread was something about who has a stronger backrow - something along those lines..

Im argueing my team does and some people on here are taking offence to that..
In the original post - all the other teams were thrown up and im argueing for my team.

Im not doing anything wrong.
The guy swearing is the one in the wrong.

no the original post was a list of all the backrows for this season coming....and who the original poster would swap our backrow for in the NRL. it wasnt a question of who would beat who etc u were baiting its as simple as that....for the main fact u came into a parra team discussion forum and started saying souths will comfortably beat parras backrow as if thats not baiting.

and a reply to someone saying melbourne r team to beat....i agree. they spend the majority of their money keeping their main players. Slater, Cronk, Inlgis and Smith the rest bellamy conditions players to fit in aaround those players and they just improve themselves. only doubt i have is losing a player like dallas johnson and replacing him with todd lowrie....not saying lowrie isnt a good player but johnson was tough and would play a game no mater what very dependable lock

slammingsam

Juniors
LOL it is not baiting.
I can log into any forum i want and discuss my team when i feel it is needed.
This is an open forum - if you dont want me here and others who dont support the eels then make it a private one.

If i scroll down the page and see something that i want to read no matter what team i can and ill comment what i like on it.

The fact i think my teams backrow has it over yours isnt considering baiting if its my opinion ?
Would you like to me lie just to make you feel good ?

Fishboy

Juniors
If a world cup winning captain is not a world class player, then the whole aussie team are pork chops.
The FACT that the kiwis beat the aussies in the world cup finals PROVED the kiwis were superior to the aussies at that point of time. Even if each of the kiwis weren't actually more talented than their australian counterparts, they still deserved to be labeled world champions and each are worthy of the tag of "a world class player"

And articles re cayless "underperforming" means just that. For a period of time he was not performing to his usual world class standard. My little three year old understands that word.

natheel

Coach
LOL it is not baiting.
I can log into any forum i want and discuss my team when i feel it is needed.
This is an open forum - if you dont want me here and others who dont support the eels then make it a private one.

If i scroll down the page and see something that i want to read no matter what team i can and ill comment what i like on it.

The fact i think my teams backrow has it over yours isnt considering baiting if its my opinion ?
Would you like to me lie just to make you feel good ?

Well it was baiting whether u like it or not

And we will see in the season coming who owns who

Fishboy

Juniors
ALso, Nathan Cayless will go down as one of the most successful NZ player in the history of the game. He has achieved more in rugby league than has any souths forward and I dare say what he has achieved, most of your guys can only dream about.

natheel

Coach
Let's not forget how long he has been eels captain and youngest nz captain to add to that too

Eels Dude

Coach
Of course this idiot is baiting... otherwise he/she would not be spending all day posting in the Parra forum and trying to argue. Souths have a terrific pack for next season, but they need to deliver. It's no use saying 'Oh yeah we've got the best forward pack in the NRL' now... only for them to miss the finals yet again next season. A team as a team is worth a lot more than a team on paper. I hope Souths have a great season next year as they're probably my second favourite team after Parra but it's very ridiculous for someone to come out and say the Souths back row puts Parra's back row to shame because unless they deliver the statement is meaningless and this poor bloke will just have to end up eating his words.

slammingsam

Juniors
You turning to insults does not say much for who you are.
Your argueing me saying it is meaningless etc..

Well this whole thread is meaningless in that case considering the original poster pointed out who he thought Parra had a better pack then etc.. Well the season hasnt rolled out so how can anything be proven ;)

I dont understand how hard it is for you guys to understand im not baiting.
I would be MORE then happy for all of you guys to come into the Souths forum and talk about Souths - i wouldnt consider it baiting..

Its good to have different opinions on your own team..

Thats enough for me though on this topic - not going to reply to every post where someone wants to insult and automatically assume im baiting because im discussing there team and i bring my own up.

mickdo

Coach
My tip is that Souths won't make the 8. Great pack on paper, but weak on the paddock overall IMO.

And those who are still doubtful of our halves due to lack of experience... you should remember that they now have GF experience.

fanool

Juniors
Sam I made this post.

I didn't state that Parra had a better pack than anyone else. I stated that there were several issues Parra as a club faced. One of which is our back row being sub-standard due to losing about 5 at the end of the season.

So I looked at the other teams to see if there was a starting back row that I would choose over Parra's 3. At no stage did I state did I even compare entire foward packs. I was talking about the 3 run on back rowers. And this is clearly stated in my post.

And in the end there was 3 teams that I liked better with a another 3 that I was 50-50 about.

I didn't choose Souths because there is a lack of genuine backrowers and a heap of props and it is very unclear who will start as there aren't many forwards who have consistently played 80 minutes in the Souths squad.

This is also clear in my post.

You quickly turnded the discussion into a simplistic "my boys are gonna pump your boys" squable.

I believe my post is more intelligent than that. Maybe if you had talked about some other clubs in your response others would have listened.

Since you didn't stop and think about the context of my post and just dived in with a juvenile approach, many of us think you are just baiting.

Had you been more thoughtful, some more of us may have listened.

Anyway bud, you started that crap, not me. I have better things to do than carry on like a one eyed yobbo.

natheel

Coach
You turning to insults does not say much for who you are.
Your argueing me saying it is meaningless etc..

Well this whole thread is meaningless in that case considering the original poster pointed out who he thought Parra had a better pack then etc.. Well the season hasnt rolled out so how can anything be proven ;)

I dont understand how hard it is for you guys to understand im not baiting.
I would be MORE then happy for all of you guys to come into the Souths forum and talk about Souths - i wouldnt consider it baiting..

Its good to have different opinions on your own team..

Thats enough for me though on this topic - not going to reply to every post where someone wants to insult and automatically assume im baiting because im discussing there team and i bring my own up.

so why did u go straight to to the point of souths 'owning' parra in the backrow before a ball is even kicked off in the first place?

cgee221

Juniors
I'm going to sum this all up so it's all finished and it is all that I will say.

Souths: You have a great forward pack next year, but your outside backs and halves are still questionable. You will improve from last year, but until your centres improve tenfold and Sandow shows some consistency, you will be there but not quite good enough. A team that will finish 4-8

Parra: Have a great all round team, a forward pack that will always compete and outside backs that can rip teams to shreds, a lot of choice and variety in halves. A team that will finish 1-4

In Summary: Parra will do better than Souths in 2010....case closed.

natheel

Coach
I'm going to sum this all up so it's all finished and it is all that I will say.

Souths: You have a great forward pack next year, but your outside backs and halves are still questionable. You will improve from last year, but until your centres improve tenfold and Sandow shows some consistency, you will be there but not quite good enough. A team that will finish 4-8

Parra: Have a great all round team, a forward pack that will always compete and outside backs that can rip teams to shreds, a lot of choice and variety in halves. A team that will finish 1-4

In Summary: Parra will do better than Souths in 2010....case closed.

here here

Craig Johnston

First Grade
souffs are and always will be a joke, for all their "improvements" under crowe, they have still acheived squat on the football field. why? because they have a losers culture, and seriously over-rate their team like this dribllingsam idiot.

natheel

Coach
hey they have to cling onto some false hope....maybe they will give the roosters a touch up in the first round and like previous seasons they will 'win the comp'

Ron Jeremy

Coach
As everyone knows, i've been a critic of B Smith and Cayless for a while, but without question, they were sensational in 2009 and i was more then happy to conceade i was wrong...although it was me that finally fired them up, they take what i say seriously and were hurt apparently - i'm the master of motivating.

As for the Souths forward pack? lol, Asotasi is the most overrated f**king forward in the game! he was good for a while at the Bulldogs with SBW, Mason etc, but since Souths has been soft. Taylor is good for a 10 minute period, Burgess will get exposed by nippy players, Crocker isn't the same player due to various injuries and stress on the body.

I would take Parra's, Manlys, Penriths, St George, GC before Souths, i'll be proven right.

The one thing Souths do have is Issac Luke - a sensational player who i think can be the best hooker in the world, and a guy i would take over robbie Farrah - thats how highly i think of him.

Bigfella

Coach
Ronny, your ability to stay on the topic thread, but still make it all about you, is absolutely second to none!

carson

Juniors
ALso, Nathan Cayless will go down as one of the most successful NZ player in the history of the game. He has achieved more in rugby league than has any souths forward and I dare say what he has achieved, most of your guys can only dream about.

This is a big call...Ron Coote, Jack Rayner and Bob mcCarthy might beg to differ!!