What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our best backline?

strider

Post Whore
dazeely said:
Tahu to wing. Awesome winger, good centre.
Doesn't like to pass as was evident when he passed too late to Guru. On the wing he doesn't need to catch and pass. States he doesn't want to play wing, but hes going to union therefore shouldn't have a choice. Mind you he needs to be in the team.
I agree he generally doesn't give his winger good service when he plays in the centres - i think there was at least one try gone begging where all he had to do was shovel it to grothe

BUT - I think he'd see much less ball on the wing and he is too good to be wasted on the wing .... he wouldn't have been wrapping infield for that try today had he been camped on the wing

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
woohoo - benny misses one game through injury, so lets lay the boot in and piss him off :roll:

who is laying the boot in and saying piss him off? :?

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
u want him on the wing then?

go back and read my first post strides and then show me where I actually said who should play where and ben smith should be in PL. All I've done is pose some questions for discussion. Hell I even said benny had been playing better, so if that's laying the boot in....

I'm thinking your man crush on benny is making you a wee bit sensitive.;-)

strider

Post Whore
fish eel said:
go back and read my first post strides and then show me where I actually said who should play where and ben smith should be in PL. All I've done is pose some questions for discussion. Hell I even said benny had been playing better, so if that's laying the boot in....

I'm thinking your man crush on benny is making you a wee bit sensitive.;-)

u said - benny's been playing good but u want tahu and inu on either side like today .... then u 2 other alternatives - inu to PL or tahu to wing .... so clearly you first suggestion meant benny either wing or PL - am i wrong?

i'm thinking u r being a bit sensitive yourself by resorting to bagging me off with the "man crush" comment :lol: ..... I am entitled to have an opinion that benny is a very good player for our backline aren't I? does it have to imply i am gay or something? :lol:

Inu was VERY average last monday - but he was very good today - bit up and down ..... benny has been solid all year, I think he's earnt a spot .... Inu can still be very good at fullback or wing

fish eel

Immortal
strides...if you read my post again....you will see where I said tahu on one side, inu on the other, has a question mark after it, thereby making it a question.

dazeely

First Grade
1. Hayne or Inu
2. Hayne, Inu or Tahu
3. Benny
4. Tahu or Inu
5. Guru

Good luck Hags. Good predicament to be in though. My preferences are underlined if I was coach.

strider

Post Whore
fish eel said:
no, otherwise i would have said as much. i'm actually with flatch.
ok - cool - my bad .... we agree benny at centre is our best option :thumn

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
ok - cool - my bad .... we agree benny at centre is our best option :thumn

2nd best after tahu.

it was mouth watering though, having tahu and inu on either sides, when they are on song.....but burty's injury means they can all fit in

Bazal

Post Whore
Tahu is leaving anyway...no offence but if he wants out he can play where the heck he's told to. I'd have

1-Hayne
2-Tahu
3-B Smith
4-Inu
5-Grothe

strider

Post Whore
i didn't mean benny is our best centre :lol: ... but the team's best with him as one of the centres

hagan kept saying "these things work themselves out" in regard to fitting everyone in the team - unfortunately he's been right so far - hopefully there'll be no more "working out" (ie injuries) the rest of the year tho - joel is a handy to fill in and has done very well but i'd like to see others there

Latest posts