What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our best backline?

yy_cheng

Coach
Bigfella said:
One of the reasons Reddy looked good was that he was playing outside a centre who not only creates chances but looks to link with his outside man where possible.

Not an opportunity our wingers have had too often lately!

And that is just a comment on styles, nothing more. Smith and tahu are guns in their own right. I just reckon that as a winger I 'd rather play outside of Inu...

Inu played real well this game making use of his team mates.

Previously, he would go himself too much.

As I always say, Gaz is a great centre because he can work out whether he would be better going himself or whether setting up his winger is better.

Both Tahu and Inu tend to go themselves first, then when they can't get in the clear, get tackled or then passes to their winger. Gaz can some up the situation faster.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Bigfella said:
You would only say that if Hayne, and the team were playing better than with Burt at fullback. I don;t think anyone would suggest that is the case.
quote]
thats exactly what i meant, if the guys are on fire with hayne at fullback how would you change it. if they are winning and playin ok then its easier for burt to come in the side

Hurriflatch

Referee
JessEel said:
Wow - Flatch's backline is actually what most of us would agree with! Shock! Horror!

Yeah I nearly shat myself as well the planets must be alinged or something cause people agreeing with me is rare and some what scary

Suitman

Post Whore
Hurri, I'm another one who agrees with you.
I thought we looked more complete yesterday with Inu back at fullback and Hayne in the centres, so Hayne might just have to shift back to the wing for the time being once BS comes back.

Suity

emjaycee

Coach
Without a doubt...

1. Taylor
2. Hunt
3. Cronin
4. Ella
5. Grothe
6. Kenny
7. Sterling

Oh, you mean for 2007...

1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. Tahu
4. Smith
5. Grothe

Until Burt gets back Inu for FB.

yy_cheng

Coach
What about that big winger we had once, Brett Plowman and our good mate Wise and our best halfback was Corey Pearson

Suitman

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
best ever backline

1. Mahon
2. Crnkovich
3. Fawcett
4. Penna
5. Erickson
6. Bell
7. Galbraith

Obviously, the planets are once again out of alignment.

Suity

Hurriflatch

Referee
Suitman said:
Obviously, the planets are once again out of alignment.

Suity

good crisis is over we can all breath easy

people agreeing with me is the first sign of a pending Armageddon

then before you know it there are rivers of lava all over the place

eels_fan_01

Bench
fish eel said:
Tahu would be the first centre I pick.

I dont buy this whole 'he can play on the wing and Inu can play in the centres' just because Tahu is going to Union next year.

We're in with a shout of a home final and then who knows wbhat else. Pick our best 17, and worry about next year the minute we're out of contention this year.

And I agree Jess, I thought Joel had his best game since his match against the bulldogs in 05.
Yeah i think if they are going to pick Tahu you want him to be happy at centre so i agree.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
I've been thinking about this since before this post was made TBH

and I'd actually go with

1. Krisnan Inu
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe

I would go with that line up.

sooperdooper

First Grade
hayne has not played FB for a while....
they need to keep the same run on team and build on it...

inu and tahu over ben smith atm... reddy on wing with grothe on other and hayne at back!!

reddy was very good against souths....

Parraren

Bench
Hurri another vote for your backline....

I see Jarryd as more of a centre further down the track than a fullback anyway.

Either way, a backline with Tahu, Hayne & Inu is a bloody damn good one regardless of what position they are playing in.

You can see the fear in the oppositions eyes when either of these guys has the ball in their hands. Combine that with the power and strength of Grothe & Smith and there isn't another side in the comp that stacks up better 1 through 5 imo.

Latest posts