What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Form

TruSaint

Referee
Ah Mau will be in the squad next week.
Deservedly so.

Cant see to many changes in our pack to date.
Jury is out on Farrell and Williams.
Early days, but pressure will be on these two.

Minh

First Grade
It was good to get the win playing at 60% in the second half. Next week will be our biggest test to date, the Broncos are a good team this year.

giboz71

First Grade
A good win, but ruck defence is still a concern. All 3 games, it was apparent, and it's an area we need to tighten up. Ah Mau and Hunt have contributed positively but their footspeed is a concern and smart Hookers and dummy half runners have taken advantage. Will become more of a concern when we come up against the good teams.

Think Stockwell needs to start and De Belin and Thompson to play more minutes. I love Quinlan, but we're missing Dugans kick returns. Not sure he's the answer as a utility player. Based on the 3 games so far, my team would be:

Dugan
Morris
Mata'utia
Beale
Nightingale
Widdop
Witt
Merrin
Creagh
De Belin
Frizzell
Rein
Stockwell

Cooper
Ah Mau
Thompson
Garvey

I know Williams needs game time and confidence, but we looked so much better with Witt being a foil for Widdop. As for Farrell, think we need more thrust and power out wide so think we need to give Mata'utia or Runciman a go. Kyle needs game time in the Cutters so Garvey should slot straight back in as utility.

Last edited:

Highland Saint

Juniors
How good is that left hand side looking with Bmoz, Beale , Creagh & Widdop. I'm happy to give Farrel more time but I've gotta admit that watching Matu'tia in the cutters he seems to have more strike power and would bring more spark to the right edge. I dont think the pressure is working too well on Williams. Its like he can feel the clock ticking for Witts return and is trying to hard to deliver a good personal performance. Id be happier to see him relax and just deliver good balls. Last nights conditions and opposition definitely workedagainst some of our players but great to see the tenacity in defence

Mr Red

First Grade
Au Mau has been one of our best fowards the last 8 games you can't scrap him after one poor game lol. Widdop let in the 1st try let's get rid of him! Au Mau was definitely off but outside of Merrin and Creagh he's the only other forward that bends the line. He's being used too wide, in our half I would have him tight and bring him 2 wide when attacking in the red zone. Dan Hunt is more my concern although he improved slightly he doesn't threatened the line or even bend it and got a bit lazy on Carney which somehow didn't lead to a try. Garvey still might end up in jail but he hasn't proven himself at NRL level so it would be taking a punt. Stockwell will come back in when he's match in the next week or 2

Easy mate... I am a well known ah mau hater so my remark was more tongue in cheek... He isn't as bad as normal but I still think against the better teams his defence will be shown up. The falcon on the weekend was priceless though ... Plodder not watching the ball....lol

GT0007

Juniors
Easy mate... I am a well known ah mau hater so my remark was more tongue in cheek... He isn't as bad as normal but I still think against the better teams his defence will be shown up.

All good mate I was just having a bit of a joke too re: Widdop but was following it up with my thoughts on Au Mau. Maybe it was just a bit greasy for him who knows but I thought Thompson played well and it might be a case of either of those 2 starting depending on the team we are playing and conditions. I really wish they would play him tighter though as he is more affective bumping of players standing still and going past them, out wide they don't have as much trouble with him except close to the line. I've been his biggest fan since about 6 games before the end of last season, it was one average game I'm not overly concerned. Yes the Falcon will win the award and really even if you don't plan on catching the ball you don't take your eyes off it but I can't think of anyone else in a better position to catch it lol

Last edited:

GT0007

Juniors
How good is that left hand side looking with Bmoz, Beale , Creagh & Widdop. I'm happy to give Farrel more time but I've gotta admit that watching Matu'tia in the cutters he seems to have more strike power and would bring more spark to the right edge. I dont think the pressure is working too well on Williams. Its like he can feel the clock ticking for Witts return and is trying to hard to deliver a good personal performance. Id be happier to see him relax and just deliver good balls. Last nights conditions and opposition definitely workedagainst some of our players but great to see the tenacity in defence

It's looking pretty slick especially now the ball is getting to Morris....what a freak! Creagh is eating up metres and I think is playing as well as he ever has. Beale is looking sharp and showing some power and confidence, he'll really hit his straps this year. I've only seen a little of Mata'utia but he has looked likely with the ball in his hands so if he's playing like that week in and week out Farrell is under serious pressure. I don't think Farrell has been getting good service but maybe he needs to committ to a line and try hitting a hole rather than hope for something to open up.

Latest posts