What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Form

blacksafake

First Grade
Many people have questioned the form surrounding the Dragons but with the tigers recent form especially against souths where they were dominant as well as the warriors beating the cowboys just maybe the form is better than what some think.This as well as hanging tough in a local derby against a desperate, albeit weaken team in the sharks in a game that we would probably would have lost in recent times.
What do people think? ;-)

Minh

First Grade
Our form is good, we have won with authority and now won a tough one where things were meant to be easier which is never easier. We are the real deal, I feel it and next week we claim a Bronco scalp.

TheRev

First Grade
were capable of an awful lot more, thats one thing that gives me optimism, we have so many near misses in attack.. against the Warriors too, we should have been up by 20 and out of the dogfight.. same thing tonight.. few unlucky calls, dropped balls and 2 kicks hitting the uprights, kept it closer and hence more stressful.

Its a massive 6 week period coming up so we will find out soon enough how we go against the games best, and youd probably back us to win half of them.. what I want to see is how well we can roll with losses, well I dont want to see that at all lol, but im curious because the ride wont last forever:

Next 6 Games: Brisbane > Souths > Storm > Warriors > Roosters > Dogs

matPORTS

Juniors
We are eventually going to lose some games, and it wasn't exactly our best performance in the derby. The true test of our mettle will be how we respond to losses and how we build after scrappy wins.

All we really can ask for is a team that shows up every week and takes pride in there performances.

pinkmoon

Juniors
Never before has the saying "premierships are won in September" (october GF ;-)) been more true than nowadays. For example, the modern game is such an even contest that for all our failings last season, we managed to beat eventual preliminary finalists in the Rabbitohs. Form means very little...

My point is that the round games these days really tell you nothing, unless you are practically running dead last (and in round three even that doesn't mean much) because everyone is in the hunt. We will find out if we are the real deal in September, for now we just have to win games to give us the best possible chance to capitalise come September.

gypsy

Bench
Never before has the saying "premierships are won in September" (october GF ;-)) been more true than nowadays. For example, the modern game is such an even contest that for all our failings last season, we managed to beat eventual preliminary finalists in the Rabbitohs. Form means very little...

My point is that the round games these days really tell you nothing, unless you are practically running dead last (and in round three even that doesn't mean much) because everyone is in the hunt. We will find out if we are the real deal in September, for now we just have to win games to give us the best possible chance to capitalise come September.

Well go away and come back in September since you like it so much :cool:

Smoove_Saint

Juniors
Bit early to bring premiership into the equation, (what a shock to my system anyway that will be)
I'll just be happy as long as we keep playing well and can mix it with any team in the comp this year!
And so far so good.
Btw I think we are playing the sides we beat into form?! Hmm

BrissyRedV

Bench
You would have to say our form is good. We are scoring points, our defence is good. And the fact that the Tigers and Warriors have come out and beat some of the competition heavy weights is certainly making a mockery of the line that we have only beaten wooden spoon favorites. We were the far better side in the first half against the Sharks and if it wasn't for some poor handling in the 2nd we would have run away with it. Local derbies are pretty much always close affairs regardless of form. Another good point is over the last couple of years we have struggled to win on the road. We now have 2 victories on the road and 1 at ANZ which might as well be on the road. Hopefully next week the boys can give us our 1st win at one of our true homes.

Minh

First Grade
We are the real deal as in we are now a competitive footy team, capable of winning again and no longer a punching bag to 90% of other teams. By round 20 we should know how good we really are, but we look capable.

Ace-STi

Juniors
Quinlan should have scored that try and it would have been put to bed then!

We had 2-3 disallowed too which sharks never looked like scoring either

Maybe a good lesson that they can't assume they will run away with it in second half

The second half was gritty and I think we did well to only concede 1 try considering number of sets on the line

Williams needs to improve for next week no doubt!

kit66

Bench
It's great to finally have a team that look to be playing for each other, trusting each other and the coach. I think they've bought into Pricey's master plan and it's working so far. I was thinking it'd take weeks for the squad to gel and I thought any success was a ways off but gladly I was wrong.
They've come together in spectacular fashion with great leadership shown by Creagh, Widdop and Merrin with everyone else chipping in.
3 rounds in we're top of the table and sitting in the top 3 in attack and defence and the best thing is we have room for improvement, we will get better. Icing on the cake - Duges to come back in.

gregstar

Referee
Form only counts at the back end of the season.

Now it is all about accumulating competition points. How we win is irrelevant.

Whilst it's exciting to play attractive footy, I'd sooner produce cerebral palsy / moffo type performances if it means 2 pts.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Form only counts at the back end of the season.

Now it is all about accumulating competition points. How we win is irrelevant.

Whilst it's exciting to play attractive footy, I'd sooner produce cerebral palsy / moffo type performances if it means 2 pts.
'ello, 'ello... what 'ave we got 'ere?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
How are you champion?! What's news?
Well, I managed to stay out of jail for another year so that's a bonus. And my vital organs are still functioning well enough. So all in all, quite good.

As for news, the place is pretty much how you left it, a few different faces but a good bunch.

Welcome back.

Redvpassion

Juniors
As most have stated already, had those bomb tried been scored then it would of been a different ball game. in a way I'm happy it was tough and we had to defend under presure in the last 10 mins. It just shows the commitment and character that the dragons have this season. Would of loved to put a cricket score on the scum, but I think they did us a favour by being in our faces. Shows we can still grind out wins by defending 2 points. Now that's the attitude we have been lacking. Well done. Next 6 rounds will be massive. Go dragons.:D

TruSaint

Referee
An ugly win, bit 2 points nonetheless.

Excellent on line D, in the last quarter. 2 spectacular tries by our wing men.

Sharks came to play, no doubt.

Showing a lot of ticker, IMO.

InThatNumber

Juniors
Pleasantly surprised by the early season form. At some point we will lose matches but I like to see that we are winning a lot early on because we were not expected to do so. Not sold on Price as I'm not sure how much of the improvement is down to him or the arrival of Widdop but they are willing to play for each other out there and it's great to see. Would be happy with a top 6 finish this season if we can't go on and win the comp.

Mr Red

First Grade
Solid but a few tweaks needed...
Remove Stanley from bench and replace with a proper triangle player...Garvey if he gets through the court hearing
Goodbye ah mau, errors are back , defence is a worry, replace with frizzell in the back row and Stockwell up front.
Farrell still looks to be out of sorts, maybe look at a change there to give someone else a chance..

GT0007

Juniors
Solid but a few tweaks needed...
Remove Stanley from bench and replace with a proper triangle player...Garvey if he gets through the court hearing
Goodbye ah mau, errors are back , defence is a worry, replace with frizzell in the back row and Stockwell up front.
Farrell still looks to be out of sorts, maybe look at a change there to give someone else a chance..

Au Mau has been one of our best fowards the last 8 games you can't scrap him after one poor game lol. Widdop let in the 1st try let's get rid of him! Au Mau was definitely off but outside of Merrin and Creagh he's the only other forward that bends the line. He's being used too wide, in our half I would have him tight and bring him 2 wide when attacking in the red zone. Dan Hunt is more my concern although he improved slightly he doesn't threatened the line or even bend it and got a bit lazy on Carney which somehow didn't lead to a try. Garvey still might end up in jail but he hasn't proven himself at NRL level so it would be taking a punt. Stockwell will come back in when he's match in the next week or 2