What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

our full strenght side

Roy

Juniors
this was probably done to death in the of season but now we have seen the early form of our players an with the likes of
newton
davico
abrahamn
quinn
to return from injury/suspension what do you think our team would be with all player to choose from, mine would be

1.thiaday
2.carney
3.gidley
4.carmont- i personally want tighe but i dont see it happening
5.seage- like him alot more than quinn safe as a house good speed footwork
6.kidley
7.god
8.smith
9.bedsy
10.perry
11.simpson
12.newton
13.abrahamn- will have to work his way through the grades to the bench but i think he will get this spot

14.woulnough
15.davico
16.reynoldson- i would have either lowrie or tanner but i know hages wont
17.brown

Thats my team, like i said i dont think reyno is in our top side personally his spot imo should go to either lowrie or tanner.

TooheysNew

Coach
If it's full strength why are you worried about what Hagan would do?

Are you asking what we want as full strength, or who Hagan would pick?

Misanthrope

Staff member
I personally think Reynoldson did enough tonight to show he's a permanent first grader. Nobody looked out of place tonight. I think what we fielded tonight (sans Quinn) is what our full strength side should look like. Let Abes and Davico earn their place.

Yosh

Coach
wat about tolar Roy? he is solid every game and he even made an intercept yesterday!

antonius

Coach
I would definately have Tolar in the mix somewhere there. Brown was fairly ordinary last night, and a fit Abes would waltz into the starting side.Tolar for Brown, and ATM I think Lowrie offers more than Reynoldson IMO. I don't think we'll see Davico in first grade, there has to be a huge cloud over his head at the moment.

roopy

Referee
I remember a few years ago when they turned Brown from a lock into a centre his defence in the centres was so bad they had to have Michael Young stand behind him and give him directions all game. It has always been the weakest part of his game, but he is a hard worker who will get it right eventually.

antonius

Coach
roopy said:
I remember a few years ago when they turned Brown from a lock into a centre his defence in the centres was so bad they had to have Michael Young stand behind him and give him directions all game. It has always been the weakest part of his game, but he is a hard worker who will get it right eventually.
He shows glimpses of being a class player, but ATM I think there are guys in front of him, and plenty in premier league knocking on the door. So he needs to do that hard work, the makings are there.

Jono078

Referee
antonius said:
I would definately have Tolar in the mix somewhere there. Brown was fairly ordinary last night, and a fit Abes would waltz into the starting side.Tolar for Brown, and ATM I think Lowrie offers more than Reynoldson IMO. I don't think we'll see Davico in first grade, there has to be a huge cloud over his head at the moment.

To be fair to Brown, wasnt he on the wing for half the game?

1. Thaiday
2. Carney
3. Gidley - Good to see him good in defence and attack for once
4. Tighe
5. Seage
6. Gidley
7. Johns
8. Smith
9. Buderus
10. Perry
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Reynoldson - Will have to see how Abraham goes when he returns..
--
14. Woolnough
15. Tolar
16. Davico
17. Brown or Lowrie

Is what id probably have.

chinorocks

Juniors
1. Milton
2. Carney
3. Gidley
4. Tighe
5. Quinn
6. Kidley
7. Joey
8. Smith
9. Bedsy
10. The man formerly known as Spongecake
11. Simmo
12. Newton
13. Abraham

14. Wooly
15. Tolar
16. Lowrie
17. Brown

Thats the way I would go

Tighe

Juniors
roopy said:

Brown was found out a few times in defence againest the raiders. It is one aspect of his game that he must improve on if he wants to become a perminant First grader.

My top team would be as follows:

1. Milton Thaiday
2. Brian Carney
3. Matt Gidley
4. George Carmont
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Andrew Johns (c)
8. Craig Smith
9. Danny Buderus
10. Josh Perry
11. Clint Newton
12. Steve Simpson
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Luke Davico
15. Adam Woolnough
16. Kurt Renoyldson
17. Kade Snowden

strewth_mate

Bench
What is Brown's actual preferred position? We keep seeing him in a number of positions, he looks strong enough for a backrow position but seems to have some rudimentary ballplaying skills too. Were they grooming him for a hooker? I want to see him play consistently in a position before I judge him, right now to me he looks like a player with some talent that floats around and just 'does stuff'.

keeney

First Grade
Seage was every bit the player I remember him being from those brief glimpses 2 years ago, and as such I wouldn't want to leave him out of the side. He is more confident under the high ball than anyone else I can think of in the team. Plus his running looked very decent fro someone with his knee problems.

1.Thaiday
2. Carney
3. Gidley
4. Tighe
5. Seage
6. Kidley
7. Johns
8. Smith
9. Buderus
10. Perry
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Abraham

14. Woolnough
15. Tolar/Davico
16. Reynoldson
17. Mullen/Brown

We could ideally start blooding Mullen when we sub johns at the end of games, be a good way to test him out.

Spike

First Grade
strewth_mate said:
What is Brown's actual preferred position? We keep seeing him in a number of positions, he looks strong enough for a backrow position but seems to have some rudimentary ballplaying skills too. Were they grooming him for a hooker? I want to see him play consistently in a position before I judge him, right now to me he looks like a player with some talent that floats around and just 'does stuff'.

I'd say his best position is at lock

Misanthrope

Staff member
1: Milton Thaiday
2: Brian Carney
3: Matthew Gidley
4: Bradley Tighe
5: David Seage
6: Kurt Gidley
7: Andrew Johns (c)
8: Craig Smith
9: Danny Buderus
10: Josh Perry
11: Steve Simpson
12: Clint Newton
13: Daniel Abraham

14: Luke Davico
15: Adam Woolnough
16: Daniel Tolar
17: Riley Brown

Alex28

Coach
Abraham when fit is a far superior player than Reynoldsen - far far better. Seage needs to be there in place of Carmont for mine, have Quinn outside him.

knights9

Juniors
1. Thaiday
2. Carney
3. Gidley
4. Carmont
5. Seage
6. Gidley
7. Johns
8. Smith
9. Buderus
10. Perry
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Abraham

14. Reynoldson
15. Davico
16. Woolnough
17. Tolar

Ben

Bench
1. Milton Thaiday
2. Brian Carney
3. Matt Gidley
4. Kurt Gidley
5. David Seage
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Craig Smith
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Luke Davico
15. Adam Woolnough
16. Kirk Reynoldson
17. Riley Brown

At full strength our depth is so good that i couldn't even find a spot for Tolar.

macavity

Referee
when are we ever going to have EVERYONE available? when does any team?

the fact we can't all agree is a great thing...

gullsfan

Juniors
the fact we can't all agree is a great thing...[/quote]
How true.
I only browse here occassionally to read how Seagey is going and I have to say what a different forum it is to last year! Instead of discussion of who you guys would be forced to promote to cover injuries the talk has changed to who'll be selected from a number of capable stand-by's. Good luck with the season.
Btw, has any of the anti-Hages sentiment of the off-season subsided with the recent fair weather?

Alex28

Coach
No...general concensus is he is still a hack - he basically has the same side as last year that he led to the spoon. I think the club let him down in the past with his support past, but to lead a team with the best halfback in the world and the best hooker to the wooden spoon - he's not much chop.