What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our New Fullback

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
I have heard very strong rumours that we are set to sign Rhys Wesser on a two year deal to solve our Fullback problems. While he is not the best at his tender age, I think it is a reasonable signing. He is good on the kick-return and makes line breaks, but his positioning is good. Look for a signiture in the next 10 or so days, as he is very close to signing. Also, it is only a 150k deal, so he will come cheap.

Your thoughts if he comes?

super_coach

First Grade
I dont know what to say, could be a great signing or could be a dud. At least he is a no1 and not a manufactured one

Tiger_Gold

Juniors
I rekon we should go after David Milne
Not wanted at raiders
Strong kick Returns
Pace
Good defence
Backs up for 2nd phase play passes/offloads
Would come cheap

Happy at 150K. Forget his age. He's got a very good all round game and will hunt around the ruck. Better than McKinnon, Moltzen, Brown, Ryan.

Would prefer a topliner but....could do a lot worse.

Borat.

Juniors
150 k is cheap for an over the hill fullback...

FFS lets sign some one on the way up.....

boonboon

Juniors
Yeah wouldn't be a good signing for mine - we already have Reddy , Grant and young Tedesco plus still have the option of Brown.

I agree we still need some reserve outside backs but not Wesser

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
f**k me!

NO!

Get Nathan Gardner, much better and far more damaging runner, thats all we need. He's got some ticker too.

N.C.

Juniors
First of all - where is the rumour coming from?

Second - why have so many Souths fans wanted him dropped to reserve grade this year?

Vicious

Bench
I wouldn`t mind Wesser at all. Nathan Gardner would be a much better option, but he is not off contract and I can`t see the Sharks releasing him.
I think Wesser still has reasonable speed and hits a hole at 100 miles per hour, he would be great running off Benji.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I have heard very strong rumours that we are set to sign Rhys Wesser on a two year deal to solve our Fullback problems. While he is not the best at his tender age, I think it is a reasonable signing. He is good on the kick-return and makes line breaks, but his positioning is good. Look for a signiture in the next 10 or so days, as he is very close to signing. Also, it is only a 150k deal, so he will come cheap.

Your thoughts if he comes?
Wesser would have to be paying us $150K