What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our New Fullback

Mader45

Juniors
I can't forget the golden run of form we, and Beau went through when he was our fullback last year.

He looked like a natural back there.

Are you sure?

I thought Beau's last game at fullback was around Round 8 when he dropped that bomb against the Roosters and we lost.

I thought pretty much after that it was all either Brown or McKinnon. I'm positive Brown was fullback throughout the end of the comp and the finals series where we played some of our best games, rather then Beau.

Beau looked good at the start of last year, especially against Parra early in the season. But after the Roosters game and the game (can't remember who against) when he stopped a 40/20 but by doing so gave the other team an easy try, he lost his confidence and was out of it.

thommo_85

Juniors
Are you sure?

I thought Beau's last game at fullback was around Round 8 when he dropped that bomb against the Roosters and we lost.

I thought pretty much after that it was all either Brown or McKinnon. I'm positive Brown was fullback throughout the end of the comp and the finals series where we played some of our best games, rather then Beau.

Beau looked good at the start of last year, especially against Parra early in the season. But after the Roosters game and the game (can't remember who against) when he stopped a 40/20 but by doing so gave the other team an easy try, he lost his confidence and was out of it.

It was that game against souths, he had a shocker and lost all confidence. It was a shame, because he looked amazing in that Parra game.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
I hear they have agreed to a verbal contract, Wesser talking to family and will probably sign within the next few days. Rumour also has it that the Panthers were looking to get their custodian back, but the Tigers upped their offer in order to secure the prolific full-back.

Vicious

Bench
I hear they have agreed to a verbal contract, Wesser talking to family and will probably sign within the next few days. Rumour also has it that the Panthers were looking to get their custodian back, but the Tigers upped their offer in order to secure the prolific full-back.

That confirms you are talking crap, WHY would the Panthers even consider wanting him back when they have Lachlan Coote, Michael Gordon and Michael Jennings as fullback options? Fullback is the strongest position on their roster!

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Clearly I'm not talking crap. It's like Parramatta signing Whatuira, Walker, Hicks etc. To strengthen positions with older members, like we did with Moodie (which didn't work). My information is valid, Wesser is 80% coming to the club.

Tiger Crazy

Juniors
Far better than our current fullback Moltzen At least he has some idea on how to play fullback and a spine Unlike Moltzen

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ryan was Fullback from Round 3 to Round 13 last year

He was shifted to the Wing for the next 2 games when we signed McKinnon and then I think he got injured.

He returned in Round 21 and started at Fullback in the next 2 games, before we started chopping and changing it.

2010 - Fullbacks
Round 1 - Moltzen v Manly
Round 2 - Moltzen v Roosters
Round 3 - Ryan v Eels
Round 4 - Ryan v Canberra
Round 5 - Ryan v Cowboys
Round 6 - Ryan v Bulldogs
Round 7 - Ryan v Penrith
Round 8 - Ryan v Roosters
Round 10 - Ryan v Souths
Round 11 - Ryan v Newcastle
Round 12 - Ryan v Warriors
Round 13 - Ryan v Bulldogs
Round 15 - McKinnon v Canberra
Round 16 - McKinnon v Dragons
Round 17 - McKinnon v Brisbane
Round 18 - McKinnon v Titans
Round 19 - McKinnon v Cowboys
Round 20 - Fitzhenry v Manly
Round 21 - Ryan v Cronulla
Round 22 - Ryan v Souths
Round 23 - Brown v Penrith
Round 24 - Brown v Eels
Round 25 - McKinnon v Melbourne
Round 26 - Meaney v Titans
QF - Brown v Roosters
SF - Brown v Canberra
PF - Brown v Dragons

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
I dont have an opinion either way - but Wesser is the same age as Tiquiri - is he too old?

Signings are hit and miss and if we get Wesser at least hes a genuine fullback with a bit of pace.

I think his game would suit ours to.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
For Shanghai Charlie

Clearly I'm not talking crap. It's like Parramatta signing Whatuira, Walker, Hicks etc. To strengthen positions with older members, like we did with Moodie (which didn't work). My information is valid, Wesser is 80% coming to the club.

It doesn't matter now does it ?

South Sydney fullback Rhys Wesser has added his name to the long list of NRL stars who will retire at the end of the season.

The veteran of 14 seasons in the top grade has played 218 matches, including 177 for Penrith who he won a premiership with in 2003.

At his prime Wesser was one of the best fullbacks in the game, and played four State of Origin matches for Queensland in 2004 and 2006.

Wesser joins the likes of Darren Lockyer, Mark Gasnier, Andrew Ryan, Preston Campbell and Adam MacDougall in hanging up the boots at the end of 2011.
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/wesser-announces-nrl-retirement-20110812-1iqfy.html

So the thread is still open though - who should it be?