What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our pack 2014

Big Tim

First Grade
Arguing with refs isnt about making them change the decision. It is campaigning for the next one (or time wasting)

Believe me, I have had many arguments with basketball referees over the call, they get to the point where they say "I cant change the call". I know I have won then, as I answer "but you will get the next one right".

Knight Vision

First Grade
Arguing with refs isnt about making them change the decision. It is campaigning for the next one (or time wasting)

Believe me, I have had many arguments with basketball referees over the call, they get to the point where they say "I cant change the call". I know I have won then, as I answer "but you will get the next one right".
Cam Smith is an expert. Sometimes he doesnt say a thing, only gives them a certain look which says please can we have the next penalty. He's very good with the words he does use. Always the gentleman.

aqua_duck

Coach
Captains like Gids and Ennis annoy the refs, they whinge about every decision and refs get sick if them and treat them like school kids and don't respect them. Cam Smith knows the rule book inside out, he knows when to cop it on the chin and when to speak up. The refs respect him and never tell him 'go away'

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

My point exactly. There is nothing worse then players that whinge over every decision, eg Geoff toovey in his hay day. However I do feel that Mullens almost too much of a good sport when it comes to trying to keep the refs honest. I'd much rather that than the opposite extreme though.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Snowie went off injured last night in the Scotland v Italy game. No word on how serious yet

Is there any news on the seriousness of the injury? He is such a crucial part of our side and I'm stoked that if he doesn't pick up a major injury will be ready to go in round one. The fact we won 2 finals games without him gives me huge confidence for 2014.

Frederick

Staff member
Snowden doubt for Italy
JAMES GORDON 04 Nov 2013

Italy prop Kade Snowden is likely to miss their crucial final group match against Tonga with a knee injury.

Snowden, 26, has a minor medial collateral ligament tear to his right knee, an injury he picked up just 45 seconds from the end of the 30-all draw with Scotland at Derwent Park.

It was the first game back for the Newcastle front-rower following a seven week suspension for a shoulder charge on North Queensland's Ray Thompson in the NRL back in August.

An Italy statement added: "The injury has been assessed by medical staff and is not as serious as first thought."

Italy take on Tonga in Halifax next Sunday, where they are likely to need a win to book a quarter-final date against New Zealand.
LINK

First Grade
Is there any news on the seriousness of the injury? He is such a crucial part of our side and I'm stoked that if he doesn't pick up a major injury will be ready to go in round one. The fact we won 2 finals games without him gives me huge confidence for 2014.

I think a lot hingeson Snowy playing most of the games next year and Our new Prop Packer doing some quality time. Snowy and Packer could be a dominant pairing.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I think a lot hingeson Snowy playing most of the games next year and Our new Prop Packer doing some quality time. Snowy and Packer could be a dominant pairing.

It would be nice wouldn't it. In an ideal world we'd also have Mason and Cuthbo coming off the bench and creating quality offloads.

Moony

Juniors
I don't know who, but I think we are still missing 1 more quality forward and I am still a little worried about the hooking role

Knight Vision

First Grade
I don't know who, but I think we are still missing 1 more quality forward and I am still a little worried about the hooking role
Indeed! we have no established hooker for next year and it is a worry . The mere thought of Wadell being our main ball distributer will keep me up at night throughout the season, talk of Tyrone going to hooker seems interesting but do you strengthen one position only to weaken another ? I dont know anything about Dobson or Minto so the jury's out. Gids could be a super sub which could be good for him and his injuries these last seasons, it also could lift the weight of expectation from his shoulders and make him a better player. One things for sure Wayne has a plan and it will more than likely be a very very good one.

Matulino, it would be worth getting him and backending his contracts.

With Snowden, Packer and Matulino our front row would be set for years.

Latest posts