What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our pack 2014

otori

Juniors
Saw an article where Bedsy anointed Gidley as hooker for next year. Apologies for not linking but on my phone. Said some interesting stuff about his position being pretty finalized with Clydsdale the long term option and Waddell as back up. No mention of Roberts whatsoever

You've gotta think one more injury will surely do Kidley in. I think his use is just diminished every year he spends on the sidelines.

Tom155

Coach
Saw an article where Bedsy anointed Gidley as hooker for next year. Apologies for not linking but on my phone. Said some interesting stuff about his position being pretty finalized with Clydsdale the long term option and Waddell as back up. No mention of Roberts whatsoever

You've gotta think one more injury will surely do Kidley in. I think his use is just diminished every year he spends on the sidelines.
http://www.nrl.com/buderus-anoints-gidley-as-knights-no.9/tabid/10874/newsid/75828/default.aspx

Swarzey

Bench
Given his recent history, I'm surprised he didn't hang it up this year however, playing under Bennett and in a side that's on the verge of a phenomenal season, I can see why he would want to come back. I don't think another injury will see him retire unless it's something like his most recent one.

Frederick

Staff member
Given his recent history, I'm surprised he didn't hang it up this year however, playing under Bennett and in a side that's on the verge of a phenomenal season, I can see why he would want to come back. I don't think another injury will see him retire unless it's something like his most recent one.

The problem is, he has the possibility to derail the phenomenal season. Gidley is a ball hog, a terrible captain, and overall a very stupid player.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
The problem is, he has the possibility to derail the phenomenal season. Gidley is a ball hog, a terrible captain, and overall a very stupid player.
Yeah, I'm sure we'll be pushing for the premiership with Waddell's brilliant service from DH, or Dobson's outstanding defence in the middle.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah, I'm sure we'll be pushing for the premiership with Waddell's brilliant service from DH, or Dobson's outstanding defence in the middle.

Yeah, or you could stop being a moron and suggest the best option which is Clydesdale, OR failing that, Roberts at 9 and Dobson at 7 defending out wide.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Yeah, or you could stop being a moron and suggest the best option which is Clydesdale, OR failing that, Roberts at 9 and Dobson at 7 defending out wide.
You want Clydsdale to be an 80 minute hooker from the get go in FG? The guy looks like a great prospect and perhaps he could, but that would be a big ask for a young 20 year old. He should learn his trade for a while on the bench first and then start later in the year if he is good enough.

Wouldn't move Roberts to hooker unless Dobson turns out to be a gun half.

Last edited:
I would be happy with gidley starting at hooker and giving Clydesdale the last 15-20 minute of each half. As young as he is I think at such a young age Clydesdale would offer more than gidley when the game is in the balance. Clydesdales dummy half kicking game is probably the best in the u20s and his vision and delivery shits all over gids.

Let gidley have the early stages of each half where we can take advantage of his enthusiasm and work ethic, leave the fancy stuff to Clydesdale.

perverse

Referee
Clydsdale will certainly feature. Too much talent not to at some stage. Gids' legs won't hold up the entire season, he'll get plenty of opportunity. Wayne will go with experience early, though... and make him earn it during the year barring stellar performance in the trials, I would think.

We also might consider that Gids' body might be so broken that he might have to play from the bench? Just speculating, but jeez he hasn't played much footy in a long time. The temptation would have to be there to ease him in.

I reckon Dobson might sit on the bench and serve the same role Gower did. Depends on his pre-season form of course.
Bennett seems to like a utility off the bench. I'd rather have 4 forwards there.

Yosh

Coach
Clydsdale will certainly feature. Too much talent not to at some stage. Gids' legs won't hold up the entire season, he'll get plenty of opportunity. Wayne will go with experience early, though... and make him earn it during the year barring stellar performance in the trials, I would think.

We also might consider that Gids' body might be so broken that he might have to play from the bench? Just speculating, but jeez he hasn't played much footy in a long time. The temptation would have to be there to ease him in.

Or his shoulder, or his elbow or his whatever... Which part of his body is not glass these days?

Swarzey

Bench
Waddell shouldn't be in contention for the jersey. The 14 and eventual 9 should be Clydsdale's and his alone unless there's an injury to either himself or Gidley.

Loved the last few lines of the article.

Latest posts