What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our pack 2014

Knight Vision

First Grade
I will take a stab. Sounds like a rep player who is in the mid to late 20's who is playing in Oz and a club wishing to unload prior to 30/6/14 . Blair maybe?
And you would only want to unload a big name if you were getting another big name right ? So maybe a club who's getting Ferguson ? Say Bunnies or Roorters ?

Swarzey

Bench
Given rumours that he isn't happy where he is, I'm going to take a crack and say...Thaiday?

Or Ryan James if we've manage to get Titans to release him early.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
And you would only want to unload a big name if you were getting another big name right ? So maybe a club who's getting Ferguson ? Say Bunnies or Roorters ?

Or in need of unloading a "big name" because he was initially paid massive overs and has done diddly squat. There's quite a few of those running around. Dave Taylor, Adam Blair etc

perverse

Referee
There's certainly a lot of talk about Thaiday and James around the traps at the moment. Thaiday would surprise me more than James... but only because he bleeds QLD and Brisbane. I would welcome either of them with arms wide open.

Fifita would be amazing, but it seems like he's going for the big cash grab at this point. Who knows where he'll end up.

I wonder if Souths are feeling the salary cap pinch? Wouldn't mind a crack at Georgie Burgess. It seems we'd have to narrow it down to players who are disgruntled, and teams that are pressured by the cap.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Thaiday wont be leaving Brissy, he is far to entrenched up here despite losing the Broncos captaincy. Besides, he is not a very effective front rower and we dont need another backrower really.

One of the Burgess bros would be great, even Tom or Luke, but Id have serious doubts about Souffs letting any of them go considering the "4 brothers" angle they love to play in the media.

James Id be happy with. Young, loads of potential but underperforming at the moment. The type of player Wayne could really polish into a beast.

otori

Juniors
I reckon it's someone older who has missed rep selection recently based on the comments. So maybe (being realistic) TimGrant is my pick. Idris just signed so they could do with an offload and hes been cut from the Blues but still has something to offer

Spot On

Coach
I reckon it's someone older who has missed rep selection recently based on the comments. So maybe (being realistic) TimGrant is my pick. Idris just signed so they could do with an offload and hes been cut from the Blues but still has something to offer

Anyone know if his current contract is from pre Gould days, hence ridiculous overs?????

Whats Doing

Bench
Remember one of the cryptic clues was "far from past it". This would rule out younger players mentioned such James (who is resigning with the Titans anyway), Burgess or Kasiano who are all young.

Fafita would be my guess. Makes sense given he has sounded out rugby and the Sharks potentially being torn apart by the ASADA situation. There is always mail within the club about player targets. We are after quality for 2015. That much i know. I think a few players may be moved on again depending on how successful we are in signing said targets.

Last edited:

Whats Doing

Bench
Douglas may be a possibility as he travels back to Sydney quite often. One of the other cryptic clues was to "join in the latter part of 2014". This could be to allow Matt White to return to fitness after ACL surgery and I would expect that he won't be available for the first part of 2014.

That said, Douglas is terrible and for such a big man, he is very soft and lacks impact on the collision. Also has hands like feet so hopefully it is not him.

Latest posts