What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our pack 2014

No names being dropped by me. I like the rest believe we should wait and see. I know who i believe it is as he makes sense given the direction we are headed.

Out of that list The guys I would love to take would be hannant, bird, shillington or scott

The guys I think bennett could really get back on track would be Taylor and T Rex. I think these 2 guys just need the right coach and team dynamic.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Jeez if we get that bloke it would be awesome. Would also be some karma on a certain club for what some of their leading players did to one of ours last year

Johns Magic

Referee
Martin Kennedy
Josh McGuire
David shillington
Greg Eastwood
Sam kasiano
Aiden Tolman
Tony Williams
Greg bird
Dave Taylor
Ryan hinchcliffe
Matt Scott

----------------------

The mail is a high profile Queenslander.

Spot on

Cut the non-Queenslanders:

Martin Kennedy
Josh McGuire
David shillington
Sam kasiano
Dave Taylor
Matt Scott

----------------------

Gives us a 80 minute quality player.

Cut the non-80 minute players:

Josh McGuire(arguable)
Dave Taylor

-----------------------

Now someone on the "other" forum(yes I am researching this) claims to have the same mail and is giving similar details in terms of the release time and who it isn't when people are guessing.

They have said it's not a Bronco, which leaves Dave Taylor.

Someone else on that forum said if anyone can get the best out of Taylor it would be Bennett, to which the "in the know" poster pointed out that Bennett was the one who got rid of Taylor from the Broncos.

The noises being made in here make me think it's not DT.

So all of these comments and clues have effectively stumped me, and I suspect different people are "certain" about different players, and thus making conflicting comments which have ruled all the players on that list out.

My guess on that list is a Queenslander playing for a non-Queensland club who has played at the highest level...but he is not an 80 minute player and while still on-contract, didn't re-sign last year.

Johns Magic

Referee
JW, your clue makes me think it is someone who doesn't play 80 minutes.

I know who you are thinking and that is my second guess.

I think the 80 minute comment must be wrong...intentionally or not.

Joker's Wild

Coach
JW, your clue makes me think it is someone who doesn't play 80 minutes.

I know who you are thinking and that is my second guess.

I think the 80 minute comment must be wrong...intentionally or not.

Yeah I think its bogus too. There really arent all that many 80 min forwards in the game any more and the number shrinks when it comes to front rowers

Johns Magic

Referee
Dam, I was convinced it was shillington

Well I'm not putting much stock in the 80 minute thing.

We would be chasing a front-rower to replace Packer, our back row stocks are great(Scott, Smith and Rochow who got Wayne's Coach's Award last year).

It has to be a front-rower and hence I don't get the 80 minute player comment, because 80 minute front-rowers don't exist(outside the odd monstrous Graham/S Burgess/Tolman effort...but certainly none of the props on that list).

Latest posts