What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Red V - Dragon Army Discussion

Cooper-Man

Bench
Stuarts Webb (im making if he signs)
Great Scott (taken to the broncos game at win)
you forgot Cooper-Man
Stel wants to make "the young and the Reynoldson" I recon thats awesome. Good stuff stel.

Anyway. For those not going to the Titans game. I am trying to do a joint function at either the Kogarah Inn or the taj. Please keep posted as I will have more details tomorrow.:D

Cooper-Man

Bench
the army last night was massive. Though quiet at some stages during the match the numbers were awesome and once the group got going it sounded great. I cant wait till newcastle. Yaya.:D

Saintsman

Juniors
I wa thinking today that we could make a team full of banners haha

We have:
Team Name: GST- Great St george Team

1. Two Slippery
2.A NIGHTINGALE to remember
3. orGAZmic
4. What a COOPER freak
5. Two Slippery
6.Superman Soward
7.Feeling Hornby
8.POORE me a coopers
9.Forever YOUNG
10.Raging RYLES
11. LAGI than Life
12.CREAHZY 4 Saints
13.Weave the WEBB

14.Captain Kirk
15.The Incredible HUNT
16 & 17. Cut to the CHASE

Coach: BROWNS Babes
Sponsor: Wide World Of SAINTS

When sailor returns: hello SAILOR

hahaha thats awesome.... feel free to add some..
Thanks Preach!!

When Joshy leaves "Two Slippery" will be gone. I might make another slipper banner though about brett.

What happened to Colseys "Slippery when Brett"... Did that ever make an appearance?

DragonSanta

Juniors
Should be a fairly good turn out by the army up the Gold Coast this weekend! Keep an eye for Santa running amok up and down Cavill Ave this Saturday prior to kickoff just to rev up the locals!

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Ahhh the great memories of Cavill AV givem hell big ray!!!!

Should be a fairly good turn out by the army up the Gold Coast this weekend! Keep an eye for Santa running amok up and down Cavill Ave this Saturday prior to kickoff just to rev up the locals!

_Johnsy

Referee
I must say, that the dragon army were excellent. I sat with my wife and two daughters and did not have one issue. Apart from the rotund pissed guy they called ryles sitting in my seat as I went to the bar and he thought it was a good time to try his luck sitting next to Mrs Johns. ;-) He even got some non-sexual man loving (close hug as we tried to manoeuver around each other in a 3ocm space)

On a serious note thanks to the guys from Sydney for making the trip up, provided an excellent atmosphere, brilliant night. My 2 daughters loved it, and it was because of the win and the army's vocal presence, made a fantastic night. Well done boys/gals. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

OurRedV

Juniors
I must say, that the dragon army were excellent.

Mate, you're off your tree.

We were all split up all over the bays, we couldn't stand without being told to sit down, we couldn't wave our flags when we wanted to either... the same flags we lugged all the way from Sydney and bought polls at bunnings near Robina for!

What an absolute joke the fans at Skilled park are.

If you want a REAL Dragon Army you should have let us sit together... all you got was a tame spread out version.

Such a waste of a magnificent stadium.

Very poor stadium management, it's a shambles... WORSE yes WORSE than ANZ stadium, in terms of how it is run. I'd organised 3 weeks ago for all of our banners/flags to be allowed into the ground but what for? As soon as we'd start waving them then people behind us complained.

By half time I was ready to go home... no enjoyment whatsoever.

I can guarantee if we had been sitting all together then the atmosphere would have been 1000 x better. But oh well, at least we came away with a win.. it felt great singing goodbye to all those pretentious mongrels... We just know that we need to book all of our seats together for next time, and probably in one of those corner bays so we don't "disrupt" anyone.

Siyanora Un-Skilled park.

DragonSanta

Juniors
Far Ken Oath!
I had one bloke behind me say as soon as i sat down, "Oh no, your not waving that thing here!" While pointing at my flag. The bloke was a dragons fan. Fair dinkum. And fancy the Titans fans who wanted to come sit in the away supporters bay, and then think they were frigging royalty. To all those fans up there who had a sook and a whinge everytime we all stood and waved our flags/banners, sang our lungs out, whistles, you name it, then you can all go to buggery. We told you there and then, and we'll do it again. We all stand at every game we go to for the duration of the match. And thats the least of it. If you dont want people getting caught up in the euphoric atmosphere of a dragon army supporters section, then stay at bloody home. Most of you all acted like you were sitting in a frikkin library and cracked the sh*tes everytime someone made a racket.Yet you all sit back and commend the armys doings at all the games back in Sydney town, or atleast admire the turn out and the perochial support. But fair dinkum, 2 thirds of that away supporters section should all duck their heads under skilled stadium and give themselves an uppercut. Especially the knob who backhanded Stel for standing up to cheer when we made a half break down the sideline. To those who i am referring to, if that is the only game you make it to all season, then its one too many as far as i am concerned and atleast its up there. And thank god you dont come to Sydney and get all precious like that. None of that would be tolerated. (And lucky some of our more, how should i put it... extraverted fans werent there to express their point of view.):crazy::crazy:
We tried to stay and stand united but alas we failed. But i sure as hell take my hat off to all those FANTASTIC fans who were actually there to enjoy some real football atmosphere and joined in with the songs, helped hold up banners (lets not forget the 2 French backpackers in Cavill Ave!), and atleast help create some remnant of what a true Dragons Supporters Bay is capable of. We made do with what we had, plus taking the two points and ending the Titans undefeated record at home, so it wasnt a total loss. Awesome to see the turn out and support of the QLD supporters group as well. Nice to meet some of the lads. I think some coordinating with them would be in order for future reference, eg vs Broncos @ Suncorp in a few weeks, plus future visits to Skilled so we can pre-book a whole section and do as we please without the nay-sayers.
Donkeys!
EEEEE OOOORRR

alive103

Juniors
That corner bay should be our port of call next year I reckon. Buy all the seats in the bay - buy a ticket and you make a pact to stand and sing your lungs out for 80 minutes......

As sad as it is, it was a typical Queensland game. These guys get 1 or 2 games a year and sit there like potplants unless a magic whistle gets them to chant.

As much as you guys organised your flags to get in, you should have organised your tickets and had on you the email or letter from the Titans that said that waving the flags was no problem. It works both ways.

If any of you intend on going to Olympic Park, talk to GST or myself and we'll get tickets together.

OurRedV

Juniors
Yeah good ideas.

Like we pointed out on Saturday, I reckon this section would suit us perfectly.

corner.jpg

Last edited:

Saintsman

Juniors
Shame to hear that you guys got split up. I was wondering why I couldn't hear much singing when watching on the box, ecspecially cus the supporters bay was full with red and white.

Dragons_#1

Bench
Will be there!!

Save us a spot coops.....
Our red, are u the nightingale banner holder or who are u?
I havnt met u yet!!

Latest posts